Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Old 04-18-2019, 04:26 PM   #15
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanniz View Post
Aftermarket parts “made to fit” hardly ever fit without modifications.

Not saying it’s right or wrong, that’s how it is, I’ve restored 3 cars and I’ve learned the lesson.

Maybe expectations are different with newer cars, don’t know.

What’s wrong with having a shop cut and weld it to fit?

Either way, it sounds like the manufacturer did not take the right approach in communications with you, that’s not right.

Good luck

Here is the problem...you can't have it both ways.

If the part does not fit then you still need to respond to the issue as a manufacturer.

Also if the part does not fit and you need to modify it you can't tell me my warranty is now void because I needed to make your part fit lol

And finally you can't charge that much for a direct fit exhaust that does not fit.
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:40 PM   #16
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
I bought a pair of OBX headers for a Tahoe and the shop that installed it said they were very well built and fit right in with no issue. And they are cheap, so price doesn't always mean quality.

But Yanniz is right about old car reproduction parts, they just don't fit. It's usually because the manufacturer was using a mold of a mold, and 50 years year it could be that times 3. So I end up with a center air vent for a 67 that is nearly an inch too wide. A part that is only 6 inches wide to begin with.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:03 AM   #17
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
I bought a pair of OBX headers for a Tahoe and the shop that installed it said they were very well built and fit right in with no issue. And they are cheap, so price doesn't always mean quality.

But Yanniz is right about old car reproduction parts, they just don't fit. It's usually because the manufacturer was using a mold of a mold, and 50 years year it could be that times 3. So I end up with a center air vent for a 67 that is nearly an inch too wide. A part that is only 6 inches wide to begin with.

I think with older cars the tolerances where not nearly what they are today.. I bet you can find differences in each car that was built back then
Old 04-19-2019, 08:43 AM   #18
Yanniz

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastag View Post
Here is the problem...you can't have it both ways.

If the part does not fit then you still need to respond to the issue as a manufacturer.

Also if the part does not fit and you need to modify it you can't tell me my warranty is now void because I needed to make your part fit lol

And finally you can't charge that much for a direct fit exhaust that does not fit.
I totally agree with you, especially re the warranty part.
Yanniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:49 AM   #19
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
I'm cut from the cloth of take it back no questions asked; Amazon/Wal-Mart. Make me jump through hoops and play this game with you is unacceptable.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:05 AM   #20
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
I'm cut from the cloth of take it back no questions asked; Amazon/Wal-Mart. Make me jump through hoops and play this game with you is unacceptable.
Dont worry... I will make it my job now to ruin their reputation... I have devoted too much of my personal time and family time into this bs
Old 04-19-2019, 11:28 AM   #21
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastag View Post
So here is the highlights. I bought a Stainless Works cat back exhaust... If you read my other post about this company you will see the details of what I went through.

Long story short... The system does not properly fit the car. I have been working on cars for over 25 years and have done engine rebuilds, trans rebuilds and rear diff rebuilds. After 3 installs and reinstalls this system does not fit.

I also have provided full details on the installation and what I feel are the problem pieces that may be cut or bent incorrectly to SW.

They want no part of trying to rectify the issue. They do not stand behind their product and have been super unresponsive to the issue despite me giving them complete detail on the install and potential issue.

So after going back and forth with them about the fitment issues, one of their suggestions was for me to drive my car from New Jersey to Ohio for them to take a look at my exhaust. At my expense of course

Here is what I learned....

Spend the extra money and get a top tier exhaust system if you are going to do this.... Borla, Corsa, etc.

There is a reason they are at the top and a reason the others never will be. One is customer service and another is standing behind their product.

You get what you pay for. And I will also post the detail of my entire communication with SW for all to see.
I stick with well known brands that have been around for years like MagnaFlo or FlowMaster.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:37 AM   #22
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
For what it's worth I have the SW cat-back with NPP, took the exhaust shop about two hours to get the stock system out and the SW installed. Only issue we has was the left side shifted a bit on the drive home (not sure why), brought it back and they readjusted it and tightened everything up and have had absolutely ZERO issues since......

That was in January of 2017..... Sorry for your headache but just because of your situation doesn't mean their product is shit, I can't speak for their customer service because I never dealt with them directly but I've had no issues out of their product.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:49 AM   #23
18ss376

Drives: Camaro
All you have to do is buy through a company like Summit Racing & you can return anything to them, no questions asked.
18ss376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:02 PM   #24
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
For what it's worth I have the SW cat-back with NPP, took the exhaust shop about two hours to get the stock system out and the SW installed. Only issue we has was the left side shifted a bit on the drive home (not sure why), brought it back and they readjusted it and tightened everything up and have had absolutely ZERO issues since......

That was in January of 2017..... Sorry for your headache but just because of your situation doesn't mean their product is shit, I can't speak for their customer service because I never dealt with them directly but I've had no issues out of their product.
I feel the same! I have a SW full system with headers and it fit perfect, no issues, I love it! OP, I know you’re pissed, and yes, you’ve obviously received some bad customer service, or at least we haven’t heard the other side of the story. But I just don’t see your single experience as a reason to try to “ruin their reputation”. You have very clearly expressed your opinion. If you’re not happy with it, remove it, sell it, and try something else.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #25
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post

When a company does not stand behind their product and basically tells the customer and the reseller to go fly a kite then I don't really care what I say about them or their product.

In addition, this is a quality control issue or defect issue which the manufacturer will not stand behind.

When a manufacturer does not stand behind their product then I would classify it as shit.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:55 PM   #26
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I feel the same! I have a SW full system with headers and it fit perfect, no issues, I love it! OP, I know you’re pissed, and yes, you’ve obviously received some bad customer service, or at least we haven’t heard the other side of the story. But I just don’t see your single experience as a reason to try to “ruin their reputation”. You have very clearly expressed your opinion. If you’re not happy with it, remove it, sell it, and try something else.
Let me try to explain this to your clearly. I spent good money on this system. The product does not fit. I have installed and reinstalled 3 times, I have sent full detail to the manufacturer several times and I think I have even isolated it to a single piece that was cut or bent wrong.

The manufacturer has asked me to take a video to show them the exhaust which would show nothing and they asked me to take measurements of each part and compare them to photos of each part next to a measuring tape they sent me. The only problem is none of the photos are clear enough to show the length. Ridiculous.

Then when I point this out they totally stonewall me. Then they also do the same to the reseller.

So to be honest I don't really care what your opinion here is as I have given full detail of the entire situation. And what other side would you like to hear??? There is no other side because they have done nothing to resolve this.

Like I said.. This should have been handled as a simple warranty or defect issue and they refused to do it the right thing. And I also went through the process of troubleshooting the issue myself... Still nothing.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:15 PM   #27
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
I am surprised to hear that anyone is unhappy with Stainless Works axle backs. I had mine installed a week or so ago at my favorite muffler shop...normally would have done it myself, but my accident injuries prevented it. The muffler shop did it in no time at all and charged me a whole $60 for the entire bill. They said it was a very simple install. I checked their work and everything is perfectly straight and they sound amazing! I'm sure there can be problem pieces that don't exactly fit as described, but you'd be hard pressed to ruin Stainless Works reputation with me...just sayin.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #28
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
I am surprised to hear that anyone is unhappy with Stainless Works axle backs. I had mine installed a week or so ago at my favorite muffler shop...normally would have done it myself, but my accident injuries prevented it. The muffler shop did it in no time at all and charged me a whole $60 for the entire bill. They said it was a very simple install. I checked their work and everything is perfectly straight and they sound amazing! I'm sure there can be problem pieces that don't exactly fit as described, but you'd be hard pressed to ruin Stainless Works reputation with me...just sayin.
Listen man, it's great that your system went in fine..

Mine didn't.

3 installs and reinstalls.

Does not fit.

Reached out to stainless works and told them exactly what part I think was cut or bent wrong.

They wanted nothing to do with resolving.

Even a bad company can pump out parts that fit most of the time, but the true test of a company is how they stand behind their product when there is a defect, part that does not fit, etc.

Example

I read here that early Borla customers had AFM valve issues and Borla sent out replacement parts no questions asked.

If you could see my back and forth communication with SW it would make your head spin. Even the reseller said when they contacted SW they could not believe the terrible attitude they had.