#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-10-2021, 08:27 PM   #15
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
So Mikey, I would be happy to donate my car for the upgrade. That's a $50k offer.

All I'd need you to do is take care of the expense to port the blower, add your tb and a big gulp and cover the retune.

I realize I have a lot more risk dollar to dollar, but you seem like a good guy (you treated me right on the tb I've already bought from you, so...) let's figure it out.

I promise to hoon the heck out of it!

What are we looking at for gains, 40 horsies or so? That would put me in the 730 whp area and probably pushing the need for additional fueling?? Dang it!

You will be stuck right at 700whp with fuel or cam.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:27 PM   #16
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
That’s is a beautiful piece. If I didn’t have a Katech 103, I’d jump on this in a heart beat.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:37 PM   #17
dbs1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
The needing to address the fueling issue is what has me on the fence. I'm at 688whp now so I'm guessing the ported blower, then tb and big gulp and I'm in dangerous territory.

The car runs so well now I'm just not willing to roll the dice at this point.
dbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:48 AM   #18
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
So Mikey, I would be happy to donate my car for the upgrade. That's a $50k offer.

All I'd need you to do is take care of the expense to port the blower, add your tb and a big gulp and cover the retune.

I realize I have a lot more risk dollar to dollar, but you seem like a good guy (you treated me right on the tb I've already bought from you, so...) let's figure it out.

I promise to hoon the heck out of it!

What are we looking at for gains, 40 horsies or so? That would put me in the 730 whp area and probably pushing the need for additional fueling?? Dang it!
Ha, yes, that'd be the right way to do it. 4" intake + 103mm (107 Eff.) TB + Ported SC + Tune. The number sounds about right, all we can say is that our TB won't be the reason not to get there. I agree, dollar for dollar it gets pricier for every "inch" closer to the top.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:59 AM   #19
airtroop01

Drives: 2018 Cadillac CTS-V
Don’t all larger TB’s need a tune? I noticed on the website it said no tune needed.
Just thought that was confusing. Anyway, might be interesting to pair with my new Maggy 2650 purchase. I currently have the lt4 Soler TB and have been happy with it but, I’m guessing it is too small for the power I’d like to put down.
airtroop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:11 PM   #20
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
The needing to address the fueling issue is what has me on the fence. I'm at 688whp now so I'm guessing the ported blower, then tb and big gulp and I'm in dangerous territory.

The car runs so well now I'm just not willing to roll the dice at this point.
Are you using ethanol or meth? If not, then you can add those mods, just don't expect much over 700whp. If you're using ethanol then you would likely have to drop it if you add those mods. If you're using meth, you should be fine to add those mods and will make over 700whp.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 05:32 PM   #21
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtroop01 View Post
Don’t all larger TB’s need a tune? I noticed on the website it said no tune needed.
Just thought that was confusing. Anyway, might be interesting to pair with my new Maggy 2650 purchase. I currently have the lt4 Soler TB and have been happy with it but, I’m guessing it is too small for the power I’d like to put down.
What we are saying is that you can "run it" without tuning, no codes, runs smoothly and stoichiometric (clean), spark timing is good too. This is b/c the ECM can compensate with fuel trims, but you do not want to run it like that for too long.

Basically, you can run it but you'd eventually need to tune. So not required for it to work, but highly recommended to get the maximum out of it and zero out your setup.

Makes sense?
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:11 PM   #22
dbs1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Dang it. I'm trying to resist the urge to let Mike donate one to me so I can try pulling the oem blower myself and sending it off for porting and then getting a tune. (I want to experience that stretched bolt thing myself)

Surely I'd get lucky and my stock fueling would keep up...
dbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote