Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-27-2021, 07:46 PM   #1
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
Phastek and mmr

Hello fellow camaro owners!

In December I picked up a 21 2SS convertible . My wife’s DD and my Saturday car lol! Like most we wanted a set of of all seasons for the car. We live in tidewater VA. The weather here most of the time is not horrible weather wise. When it snows it won’t move so no big deal. I have always been a middle of the road kind of guy. I never buy the cheapest and hardly ever buy the most expensive. Maybe not as kids but in life the middle of the road is a good place to play.lol This is what I have Learned in my 46 years of life experience.
So to my problem. We decided on the z-28 replicas. Hands down some of the best looking rims gm ever licensed. I looked a lot found quite a few . So me being me I bought from who I though would be reputable dealer and a reputable wheel maker. I like many here chose both companies to do buisness with and I thought I would be ok.
I ordered my rims and they showed up in a timely manner and I will say the rep for mrr on this site is great for answering questions. Mrrdon I believe.Cool! I thought. I’m good to go! Install time ! Installer comes to me and says there’s a problem! One of the center caps won’t fit after he is pulling it out of the bay.
I contacted phastek who tells me to take pics so I did and those wouldn’t work so I had to take more and pop all the center caps out and test fit each one. Long story short total PIA , but understandable. So after a couple of weeks of going back and forth with them because of our schedule. I though that they would take care of it and a new one would be on the way. Right? Nope I get an email saying I’ll have to pull the rim and dismount the tire and send it back and after mrr says it’s a defect they’ll send me out another. Ok! So put the summer tires back on in the middle of winter? It’s not legal in the state of Va to have two different tires on the same axel. Putting summer tires back on would be my only choice . A poor choice for sure. I’m not willing to risk my family’s life nor my car to do so.I emailed them back and gave them a response and they emailed me back and said what would be to my liking and I asked them to send me a new rim and I would eat the installation cost and ship them back the defective rim. There answer is to charge me 200 dollars and then when it gets returned and checked out then I’ll be refunded. My response was no! You have your money now make this right!
This is where we stand at the minute. The sad face of buisness! I spent my hard earned money on an average set of rims. Phastek and mrr have been made whole and Im 3/4 of the way there. Never in 13 years of owning a business have I ever charged a customer to pay for a defective part. When people do right by me I’ll be the first to say it. Where has the service after the sale has gone?
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:36 AM   #2
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
I have encountered cross ship RMAs. Sounds pretty standard.

Sorry , most likely not the answer you wanted to hear.
BBQdDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:53 AM   #3
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
It’s ok. I’ve never experienced this before.
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:59 PM   #4
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Hello WldchrySS,

I have been working with you when you reported this center cap issue since the middle of December. Unfortunately it took some time to finally get the photos needed to confirm the issue isn’t with the Center caps but rather the one wheel. Once we had the photos needed on the 17th of January, I was able to proceed with getting you a return label to send that one wheel back so we can inspect it before sending a replacement. I sent you the return label on the 25th of January after going back and forth with the Manufacturer of the wheels, MRR to confirm the return details and return label. You reported you couldn’t send the wheel back after I sent you the return label and wanted the replacement shipped first. I responded we could do that but would need to charge you a $200 deposit which we would refund once we received the old wheel back and confirmed the issue. I requested a deposit so that I can make sure we get the old wheel back. Once you confirmed you didn’t want to proceed with the deposit I was able to get back with you the following business day (28th of January) that I can have the replacement wheel shipped out first without the deposit after all.

Once I have confirmed the tracking number for your replacement wheel I will be sending you an additional email letting you know. I want to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and the delays with communication caused this to take longer than I’d like to resolve but like you mentioned in your post that had to do with our schedules.

-Trae
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote