Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

AWE Tuning

Old 01-23-2021, 10:17 PM   #1
Vlavsky

Drives: Camaro LT1
Anyone have a MBRP axle back?

Anyone in Staten Island, Brooklyn or near these boroughs? Itching to pull the trigger on it but afraid it’ll be too loud and would love to hear it in person.
Vlavsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:58 AM   #2
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I have it and yes, it is very loud on startup. I honestly feel guilty when I have to start it up at night. And I always look to make sure nobody is behind the car before starting it. If there is then I feel obligated to warn them that it is very loud. And at WOT it just yells man. If noise regulations are strictly enforced where you are or if you have neighbors that might not appreciate it then this is definitely not the exhaust to buy. But personally I think it sounds amazing!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:10 AM   #3
Vlavsky

Drives: Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I have it and yes, it is very loud on startup. I honestly feel guilty when I have to start it up at night. And I always look to make sure nobody is behind the car before starting it. If there is then I feel obligated to warn them that it is very loud. And at WOT it just yells man. If noise regulations are strictly enforced where you are or if you have neighbors that might not appreciate it then this is definitely not the exhaust to buy. But personally I think it sounds amazing!!
Thanks for the reply buddy. I currently have a BMW 335i with a muffler delete. It’s a bit loud at start up but not insanely loud and it’s probably the threshold for my neighbors. Hope I don’t regret it.
Vlavsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:56 PM   #4
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlavsky View Post
Thanks for the reply buddy. I currently have a BMW 335i with a muffler delete. It’s a bit loud at start up but not insanely loud and it’s probably the threshold for my neighbors. Hope I don’t regret it.
The biggest issue with MBRP is that it completely deletes the valves. Without the valves there is no way to use the setting for a quiet startup. So it is wide open all the time. If you want a loud exhaust that can be set in the mode where it is quiet on startup then you'll need an exhaust that has valves or that sllows you to retain and use the stock valves. Typically tho the cost a bit more money.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote