Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 10-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #211
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
I always thought of the black hood as a way to reduce glare a la the fighters in WW2. Looks cool, too!
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:09 PM   #212
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
There is actually one perfectly acceptable reason that so many of you seem to lack a VERY simple understanding of:

It is my money, I will buy what I want.

That is more than good enough reason for any of you to stop worrying about how anyone else spends. Now when you've perfected every single segment of your life to where you can't be any better, come worry about my money.
How about this one. After owning a 2016 SS for 3 years I wanted another Newer Camaro. I was eyeing the ZL1 but the cost was pretty high and just could justify in my mind. I waited and waited. (2019 Dec). Chevy Dealer had one last Camaro on the lot, a Shock 1LE that nobody in the area wanted. The dealer offered 10 grand off MSRP and I took it. So in my mind the 1LE package was free.

Plus like you say and rightfully you stated it’s your money and U buy what U want.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:48 PM   #213
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
How about this one. After owning a 2016 SS for 3 years I wanted another Newer Camaro. I was eyeing the ZL1 but the cost was pretty high and just could justify in my mind. I waited and waited. (2019 Dec). Chevy Dealer had one last Camaro on the lot, a Shock 1LE that nobody in the area wanted. The dealer offered 10 grand off MSRP and I took it. So in my mind the 1LE package was free.

Plus like you say and rightfully you stated it’s your money and U buy what U want.
Hell of a deal, and one I would jump on too given the chance! Love the shock color, and I'll freely admit that shock works way better on a 1LE. I'm a track rat, and even though I like the looks of my SS better than a 1LE, it's not that big of a deal and I would have gotten a 1LE or more likely a ZL1 if I had been patient enough to wait a year. By the time those options were available I had nodded my car so heavily that it didn't make sense to upgrade. Even so, I'm pleased with the car, it's slightly more unique than a stock Z or SS1LE
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:04 PM   #214
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post

That's kinda like my experience. I got my 1LE for a good deal.

I am not be a track rat but I do plan to hit the track lapping days more often. Totally hooked after my first session.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:16 PM   #215
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
The question should be, why wouldn't you choose a 1LE given the option.

I found it easier to add the 2SS bits that I wanted to a 1LE, rather than making the futile attempt at turning a SS into a 1LE with a few add ons.

Recaros, HUD, PDR, six piston Brembos, wheel/tire pkg, eLSD, PTM, MRC, NPP, even the NLS programming.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:53 PM   #216
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Why the 1LE Over The SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonut View Post
I know it's a money issue, but I'm curious as to why some people would get a 1LE if they're not going to track it. I understand it has the cool factor but it defeats the purpose of buying the package if one will not track it. The 1LE is begging to be tracked as it's a track-focused car. My question is, why bother getting the 1LE if you're never or seldom going to track the car? Just looking for different viewpoints.
I get what you are saying about tracking the car and your point is valid on the money issue. This car was a tough decision for me and I took years of reading forums, etc. before making the decision. Mine is a 2018 and stickered for around 47K. I think I drove out for around 42K. I believe that I would probably be happy with an SS. I would probably be happy with the other 4 cars that I eliminated when making my decision as well. As for settling on the 1LE, my intent is to keep this car for life. For some reason, I don't enjoy doing suspension work and I wanted to get the car that offered the best handling characteristics possible without me starting to replace parts. I will probably never functionally NEED the e-diff but it would be extremely difficult to add if I wanted it down the road.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:26 AM   #217
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
Some folks get a kick out of drag racing... Others get a kick at seeing a car tail us thru the cop infested straights where we behave UNTIL the road goes windy and you leave them in the dust...

The best part of on/ off ramps from highways is ( at least in Canada) the speeds are only advisories... So under the law you can take them at a speed your car can safely negotiate them... Nothing quite like accelerating into a turn most have to slow down for...

The rewards of razor sharp turn in and neutral handling in a high speed turn that doesn't go quickly into a high safety margin under steer... The standard SS will under steer and scrub speed a lot sooner than the 1LE... This has be borne out by the 3 second faster time on a 2 minute track, the new FE4 suspension that can handle ZL1 levels of power, and will be soon reflected in reviews and test drives.
Any other places in Canada where speed is optional?
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:52 PM   #218
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Don’t rule out a tracking in the future, if it’s not possible now. Track insurance gets lower as your insured value does. It’s a great way to reignite enthusiasm in a car you might be bored with so you don’t sell it! I started tracking bmw 1 series after owning it for 5 years , kept it 4 more years, so I saved money by tracking it

Last edited by Hops; 10-10-2020 at 09:41 AM.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #219
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Because it's simply a cooler car
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:42 PM   #220
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY View Post
I get what you are saying about tracking the car and your point is valid on the money issue. This car was a tough decision for me and I took years of reading forums, etc. before making the decision. Mine is a 2018 and stickered for around 47K. I think I drove out for around 42K. I believe that I would probably be happy with an SS. I would probably be happy with the other 4 cars that I eliminated when making my decision as well. As for settling on the 1LE, my intent is to keep this car for life. For some reason, I don't enjoy doing suspension work and I wanted to get the car that offered the best handling characteristics possible without me starting to replace parts. I will probably never functionally NEED the e-diff but it would be extremely difficult to add if I wanted it down the road.
Heck yeah lifer!!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:55 AM   #221
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonut View Post
I know it's a money issue, but I'm curious as to why some people would get a 1LE if they're not going to track it. I understand it has the cool factor but it defeats the purpose of buying the package if one will not track it. The 1LE is begging to be tracked as it's a track-focused car. My question is, why bother getting the 1LE if you're never or seldom going to track the car? Just looking for different viewpoints.
that is the same as people asking why get a supercar if your going to driver it like grandma and as often as her? or why upgrade your car to 800whp when your driving is still about 60mph tops. because people just like the car they get and they like the idea they can if they want too.

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:54 AM   #222
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
I could see this argument being much easier if it were a 1LE to ZLE. If you never planned to track a ZLE, it's just overkill. Now for 7k the 1LE on an SS is a great value and transformative both aesthetically and dynamically. EOD it's your hard earned coin to do what you please.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:18 PM   #223
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Walkinshaw View Post
Any other places in Canada where speed is optional?
In short: none. As much as posted ramp speeds are advisories, if you really high tail it and a cop catches ya, you will experience a very big pain of being charged for "racing" (at least in Ontario, albeit no cop will ignore it regardless of province and likely use a reckless driving offense). My track friend had experienced this very scenario and it wasn't fun at all, including a court visit, lawyer costs, license suspension and a big fine. Just for "givin'er" on an off ramp for a few seconds.

So, posted speed technicalities aside, if one wants to push a car, there is no better place than a race track. Safer for everyone as well. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:00 PM   #224
Neil350

Drives: Nike Air Max
Long time F-body guy so the 1LE badge holds a bit of fandom status. The other aspect was I was between a brand new 2018 301A PP1 Mustang GT and found the 2018 1LE with 2800 miles. For the same price as the Mustang, I could buy the slightly used 1LE. Getting better brakes, Recaro seats, Magnetic Ride, dual mode exhaust. Similar options on a Mustang would have been mid 40s with rebates. The value was to good to not get the 1LE.
12 F150 5.0 Lariat Super Crew - Stock daily
Neil350 is offline   Reply With Quote