Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-10-2018, 03:11 PM   #1
ZL14ME

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Anyone with a Carbon Fiber Hood?

I received some hood damage a couple weekends ago from some airborne debris kicked up by a 18-wheeler. I've just graduated from my recovery program and I'm ready to face the situation like an adult now.

Truth is, it's really just paint damage. Whatever it was scratched it all the way down to the metal but there isn't any body damage. I've got a reliable body shop that could probably do a fine job. However, I wonder if this is an opportunity to upgrade? Has anyone installed a carbon fiber hood like the Anderson Composites? I have a black ZL1. I'd love to see what a full carbon hood looks like against a black car if anyone is willing to share pics.

Oh...this would be for pure looks. I'm not worried about the weight savings or anything. Just looks.

Last edited by ZL14ME; 09-10-2018 at 03:52 PM.
ZL14ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #2
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
I don't have a black car, but I can comment on the Quality of the Anderson Composites hood, spoiler, front grille and splitter.
A customer of Weapon-X is having Ben sell his hood...as far as I know Ben still has it...if I didn't blow all my money for my build, I would have bought it....The thing is Perfect.
I have the stock looking spoiler, grille and splitter...they are PERFECT and just beautiful also!
Attached Images

Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:01 AM   #3
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL14ME View Post
I've just graduated from my recovery program and I'm ready to face the situation like an adult now.

Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #4
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
I don't have a black car, but I can comment on the Quality of the Anderson Composites hood, spoiler, front grille and splitter.
A customer of Weapon-X is having Ben sell his hood...as far as I know Ben still has it...if I didn't blow all my money for my build, I would have bought it....The thing is Perfect.
I have the stock looking spoiler, grille and splitter...they are PERFECT and just beautiful also!
My Anderson Composite spoiler shipped. The Anderson C/F ZL1 spoiler is officially sold out.

Anything Anderson produces is OEM quality. If you go carbon fiber hopefully you would apply protection ”xpel.”
Old 09-11-2018, 11:26 AM   #5
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
anderson composites ftw stay away from some of the other china made ebay brands
Old 09-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #6
Intimidator

Expel is already on the Splitter, and the main grille edges.
Then each and the Spoiler has 4 coats of Jax Wax Ceramic and Shield.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #7
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Expel is already on the Splitter, and the main grille edges.
Then each and the Spoiler has 4 coats of Jax Wax Ceramic and Shield.
If you don’t mind me asking when you do the install? If everything goes well for you as far as Fitment I will order the 1LE CF front splitter and grill.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #8
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i would also recommend reclearing all carbon fiber parts as well but some companies have a warranty
Old 09-11-2018, 01:02 PM   #9
Intimidator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
If you don’t mind me asking when you do the install? If everything goes well for you as far as Fitment I will order the 1LE CF front splitter and grill.
I test fitted the parts to make sure they fit. I'm not planning on installing yet since there's no upper grille or ZL1 vents in CF.
As you can see my entire bumper cover has to be replaced due to a chunk of wood kicked up on Interstate 70 while going to a car show.
The bumper cover broke, but the expel was still holding strong.
I'm waiting until Spring to see if the rest of the parts are made in CF, then I'll get the New bumper cover Expelled and put on with the parts.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #10
Smitty88

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Yea... that hood would be mine haha! I decided after already ordering it that I wanted to go with the COPO hood. No regrets on my end AT ALL! Hopefully both my stock white hood with CF center and the Anderson Composites hood go to a good home ^_^
Smitty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #11
Intimidator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty88 View Post
Yea... that hood would be mine haha! I decided after already ordering it that I wanted to go with the COPO hood. No regrets on my end AT ALL! Hopefully both my stock white hood with CF center and the Anderson Composites hood go to a good home ^_^
I gave a C6 member Ben's number...he wants your CF hood!