Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-14-2018, 02:03 PM   #841
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
While it does look like Evans car who knows. That was at Great Lakes Dragway in union grove WI. Probably had killer air if they did it this spring.

So does that count that a stock Mustang is capable of running 11s now or is the Cars.com car got to be a ringer as well?
Interesting. Cars.com also had the Hellcat press hero run at Great Lakes Dragaway back in August 2014.

https://www.cars.com/articles/2014/0...-to-the-strip/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:18 PM   #842
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
This car looked like Lightning blue and Evan's looked like Kona. Don't think they're the same but could be wrong.

In any case, it will still be nice to see some stock Mustang forum members in the 11's. Also, every test that I've seen where both cars were done on the same day by the same reviewers, they were usually close to even with the edge going to the SS. I've never seen a test where the Mustang was in the 11s and the Camaro 12s.

If anyone can post such a test, I'd love to see it.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:57 PM   #843
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
The thing is people have their own preconceived notions..that the Mustang is a mid-12 second car, the Camaro is a 12 flat car, and they base their purchases and self worth off those truths.

Anything that challenges this must be either discredited or dismissed as an outlier.

This isn't anything different than what the Mustang guys did with the M6 2010-2015 SS's when they refused to believe it was capable of a mid 12 second run..or that realistically, when equally modded, an A6 gen 5 SS would run very closely with the 2011-2014 5.0's.

People need to be right, because if they're shown to be wrong on something, it hurts their perceived authority on a subject.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:46 PM   #844
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Hey, no bashing the Mustang bashing. It is too much fun. But when we meet in person at the track it is quite different than on the net. We get along just fine and unfortunately there are real jerks who own both types of car. They are jerks on here and at the track. It is easy sort out the insecure people in person.

I have missed only one weekday T&T so far and I have seen only one '18 A10 GT run at Atco. He was hoping for and 11.8! I heard his best that night was 12.4. So this is now for sure a drivers race. Both manuals are far behind but also driver to driver.

But maybe the SS A10 will put us back on top. I wonder how that would run with a 3.73. And will they (should they) get their own ET category in the drag section? And is the flow tie position such a big deal?

Is the new Mustang a hit or a flop on the Mustang forums?
I'm always nice in everyday life and at the track or anywhere I go. I've had long conversations with Mustang owners at gas stations, convenience stores, etc. And same with Dodge guys and even import guys. My comments on here are only towards the Mustang itself and are not directed towards any particular person(s) at all. And even at that I have given the Mustang compliments on many occasions. I've even stated that I would consider getting a GT and building it from the ground up or getting a Roush Stage 3 or a Super Snake or the new GT500...as well as my desire to one day get a 14 GT500.

As far as whether it is a hit or a flop over there, I certainly think that they're excited over it. I think they wanted a clear win but have to settle for a driver's race at best...even tho the SS still manages to go faster in every H2H, lol!! And the PP1 is still no match while we're still awaiting a PP2 vs SS1LE H2H. I think they would like to see a clear win there but I also think they know it might not happen. And it seems like they're holding out for a clear win with the GT500 against the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE but I'm not sure that will happen either.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:05 PM   #845
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Cars.com
Just track tested the 18 GT and got 11:98 @119 with it.
Are you sure this is a recent test?
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
Has any stock SS run sub 12 in a test by a motor journalist?
Has any S550 GT beaten a 6th Gen SS in a H2H test when both cars are tested same day same track??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Looks like Evan’s ringer.

Seriously though , is Cars.com an impartial source or a Mustang biased source because if they are impartial then that makes the Mustang an 11 second car stock and Blaqwhole must acknowledge it from this day forward.

... being from an official source and all.
The funny thing is that the only Cars.com testing of the GT and SS that I know of had the GT doing a 12.5 or 12.6 (can't remember which) and the SS went 1 tenth faster that same day and same track. So now all of a sudden they're running an 11.98?? LOL! I think we need a few more details on this run because it doesn't look legit. Especially when several other sources have repeatedly tested the GT to be a mid 12 sec car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Even if they did and the mustang ran an 11 nobody would believe the times. They's say it's a ringer/has a tune/right lane goes downhill/hidden nitrous and so on.
The Mustang has run 11s under the same conditions that the SS has run 11s. But when both cars are tested, the GT is in the mid 12s and the SS has been in the low 12s. And when tested same day same track, the SS has come out faster each time even if by a driver's race. Say what you want but that is what we all have seen. Like it or not. Whether or not YoloDouchebag or Evans or GT Joe or whothehellelse gets a GT and does this or that or claims he did this or that is of no concern to me. Because someone in a Camaro will be doing the same exact thing. I said it months ago when whatshisface was on here bragging about the GT running 11s that the SS has done it and has been doing it since 2016 and that it is nothing impressive now because we've already seen it. That still stands. Even if the GT is hitting high 11s, welcome to the party and it's about damn time.
Quote:
Calm down dude. This is exactly why I said nobody would believe it. You all are getting worked up over a car that is not even yours. So what if they claim 11's stock. Does this keep you up at night? Does it take away from you enjoying your own car? If not then who cares. It's like everyone here has to justify their own car purchase by talking down the rival from Ford. Let it go people.
And why are you getting soo worked up over us not believing it? You're telling us to calm down yet you're all pissy because nobody believes the GT is that fast, lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The thing is people have their own preconceived notions..that the Mustang is a mid-12 second car, the Camaro is a 12 flat car, and they base their purchases and self worth off those truths.

Anything that challenges this must be either discredited or dismissed as an outlier.

This isn't anything different than what the Mustang guys did with the M6 2010-2015 SS's when they refused to believe it was capable of a mid 12 second run..or that realistically, when equally modded, an A6 gen 5 SS would run very closely with the 2011-2014 5.0's.

People need to be right, because if they're shown to be wrong on something, it hurts their perceived authority on a subject.
Oh bullshit. YOU just need to believe this nonsense so that you can feel better about thinking negatively about people who dislike the Mustang. Come off it bro. Nobody here judges their self-worth off of what a car does. I said it many times that if I'm wrong then I am wrong. But I will stick to my guns until it is obvious that I'm wrong. Why? Because I'm not flakey. If I or anyone was easily taken away from their ideas or thoughts then they never believed it anyway. And so far nothing I said has been proven wrong.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:01 PM   #846
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
And why are you getting soo worked up over us not believing it? You're telling us to calm down yet you're all pissy because nobody believes the GT is that fast, lol!
Son, you have over 100 posts in this thread cussing and slamming the keys harder trying to prove your opinion is right. If anyone at all is worked up here it’s you. I’m done here, continue on your juvenile rant.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:19 PM   #847
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Loved the part where 0-60 was 3.99. At this point it is obvious that auto v auto the Mustang is a tenth or two slower. No one I have seen has gotten very good times out of the M6. I find that interesting
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #848
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Son, you have over 100 posts in this thread cussing and slamming the keys harder trying to prove your opinion is right. If anyone at all is worked up here it’s you. I’m done here, continue on your juvenile rant.
Aww, nooo, come back...
Old 05-14-2018, 08:51 PM   #849
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Is it me or did they fail to show a time slip? And did the board not light up or did I miss it? Just curious. Because if we have to take their word for it without a time slip or seeing the board, then I have a bunch of 9 sec runs to show everyone!!
Old 05-14-2018, 09:21 PM   #850
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Look who might be getting the A10!! LOL! If it does then I think it'll beat the ZL1 in a straight line. Will it beat the ZL1 or ZL1 1LE on a track tho?? Either way, an A10 option would make it an attractive deal although I doubt it'll actually get the A10 or any auto trans. We'll see...
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/05/14/...500-spy-video/

And BTW, I thought the GT500 was being released for 2019 MY. Has it been pushed back to 2020??
Old 05-15-2018, 07:22 AM   #851
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Look who might be getting the A10!! LOL! If it does then I think it'll beat the ZL1 in a straight line. Will it beat the ZL1 or ZL1 1LE on a track tho?? Either way, an A10 option would make it an attractive deal although I doubt it'll actually get the A10 or any auto trans. We'll see...

And BTW, I thought the GT500 was being released for 2019 MY. Has it been pushed back to 2020??
The 500 coming with an A10 = a solid mid to high 10-sec car! Dodge is planning improved power to the 19-Hellcat, and the present widebody version is already running 10s. Could get real interesting for 2019-2020 where 11s will now be considered slow.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:22 AM   #852
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:

There were some indications a while back that the GT500 would get a DCT option. This spy video shows that it is an automatic of some kind, but we still don't know if the DCT rumor is correct or if it's the A10. I'm not sure either way, but I wouldn't just yet jump to conclusions about the A10 (or DCT). Either way, it will be an exciting option for some! Of course some will still go manual for the fun factor of rowing your own. (I'm assuming it will still be available with a manual).
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:35 AM   #853
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
There were some indications a while back that the GT500 would get a DCT option. This spy video shows that it is an automatic of some kind, but we still don't know if the DCT rumor is correct or if it's the A10. I'm not sure either way, but I wouldn't just yet jump to conclusions about the A10 (or DCT). Either way, it will be an exciting option for some! Of course some will still go manual for the fun factor of rowing your own. (I'm assuming it will still be available with a manual).
^^^This.

I’m leaning 60 / 40 to the idea of a 7-spd DCT. The 60% is information we were able to dig up before I retired. The 40% is the revelation that the A10 in the ZL1 shifts faster than DCTs in a number of exotics. That could very well have swayed Ford’s intentions towards the GT500. Especially since they build a version of the same A10.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:02 PM   #854
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
Has any S550 GT beaten a 6th Gen SS in a H2H test when both cars are tested same day same track??
Why dodge my question? Has a stock 6th Gen run below 12 secs in a motor journalist test? Not to my knowledge. The GT has (with 10r80 and pp1 options).

Quote:
LOL! I think we need a few more details on this run because it doesn't look legit.
What makes it look not legit? Why not any other tests? You realize how ridiculous you sound? Please look up "confirmation bias".

Quote:
The Mustang has run 11s under the same conditions that the SS has run 11s.
No, the Camaro has not. Show me a publication that tested a stock SS under 12 sec quarter. You dug this hole, as you have been harping over and over again about why we should ignore all the cases of mod shops or individuals posting sub 12 second stock runs because they are somehow suspect or hero runs. You would spew over and over about how only motor journalist tests should count. Now we have one and you fall to pieces.

Just own it.

Its becoming predictable and .... hilarious?
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote