Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-31-2018, 11:22 AM   #2101
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
ADM is NOT a reflection of market demand. Did the dealerships go out and do studies or surveys to determine exactly how much that vehicle is worth? No. They tacked on anywhere between $5000 and $20,000. Some people paid it, some didn't, some cars moved, others sat until ADMs were dropped. Therefore it is not a reflection of market demand. It is the dealership trying to get someone to pay them extra money which goes to one place, the dealership's pocket. Any ADM you pay is all profit for the dealership.

I agree and disagree a bit. I would say it can show demand for the first cars trickling out, but after that it is just greedy dealers.

Quote:
Incidentally, the ZR1s are also attracting ADMs. The dealership where I bought my ZL1 from had a ZR1 with a $10K markup. The person who bought it talked them down to $5K. Now I don't think that is a bad deal, I still would not give the dealership any extra money. But maybe I would...for a ZR1. I don't know. But it would have to be a hell of a car for me to pay ADMs.
I don't know if I would ever pay a mark up on a vehicle, but if I had the money to where I could buy a 120K car I don't think an extra 5k would bug me haha

and on the 18 Mustang since that is the topic at hand.

Cars.com tested a PP1 (auto) vs a PP2.

The PP2 was 4.5 seconds faster around Gingerman than the PP1. (1:49.3 for the PP1, 1:44.9 for the PP2) they also ran them through the 1/4 got the PP1 to go 12.2 and they had an embarrassingly bad 13.3 for the PP2 before they got rained out.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:15 PM   #2102
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I agree and disagree a bit. I would say it can show demand for the first cars trickling out, but after that it is just greedy dealers.

I don't know if I would ever pay a mark up on a vehicle, but if I had the money to where I could buy a 120K car I don't think an extra 5k would bug me haha

The PP2 was 4.5 seconds faster around Gingerman than the PP1. (1:49.3 for the PP1, 1:44.9 for the PP2) they also ran them through the 1/4 got the PP1 to go 12.2 and they had an embarrassingly bad 13.3 for the PP2 before they got rained out.
If I had 120K to spend on a car, a Mustang would be last thing on my mind. I'd pull up in a ZR1.

They need to put the PP2 up against the real competition.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:22 PM   #2103
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
ADM is NOT a reflection of market demand. Did the dealerships go out and do studies or surveys to determine exactly how much that vehicle is worth? No. They tacked on anywhere between $5000 and $20,000. Some people paid it, some didn't, some cars moved, others sat until ADMs were dropped. Therefore it is not a reflection of market demand. It is the dealership trying to get someone to pay them extra money which goes to one place, the dealership's pocket. Any ADM you pay is all profit for the dealership.
There are consumers who pay the ADM. They believe that the vehicle is worth paying the ADM to acquire the product. Those consumers are therefore part of 'the market' simply because they are willing to pay that amount, and follow through with the sale. Is everyone in the market for a Bullitt willing to pay the ADM? Probably not. Only the dealers know. It's not rocket science. Limited supply, high demand. Set a price, see if people pay it. If not, drop the price. This is basic supply and demand.

People may scoff, mock, and laugh at those who pay higher ADM. But - why would you care? You realize that most share that exact same derision for people who buy Pony cars in general (paying for a vehicle with higher performance metrics, which one will likely never need to meet the basic function of transportation - travel A to B). For those with emotional attachments to their vehicles, they look beyond the 'rational'.

I did not pay an ADM for my vehicle (I got a PP GT for mid 32k including taxes/fees), but if I truly coveted a product, I would pay whatever value I thought it was worth. I do for guitars.

A friend of mine is thinking of getting a new 911 Turbo for north of $160,000. It makes the ADM on the Bullitt look trivial (I understand how good the 911 is, but from my perspective it aint worth that money- to him it is).
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:48 PM   #2104
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
If I had 120K to spend on a car, a Mustang would be last thing on my mind. I'd pull up in a ZR1.

They need to put the PP2 up against the real competition.
I was referring to the ZR-1, thats why I quoted Blaq talking about his local dealer putting mark ups on ZR-1s.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 07-31-2018, 01:38 PM   #2105
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
The easy answer is don't pay ADM, and don't pay MSRP. Just sit back and wait for that initial high demand to fade off, better yet buy the vehicle used letting the original owner to take the financial beating.

But hey if you have to have the vehicle now and don't mind the coming financial beating, go for it.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:29 PM   #2106
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
I was referring to the ZR-1, thats why I quoted Blaq talking about his local dealer putting mark ups on ZR-1s.
Ah, my bad. Didn't pay attention.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:54 PM   #2107
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

Well it looks like the PP2 is doing it's thing then, lol!! You'll be happy to know that I might be driving home a used 2018 base GT tonight! I saw one about 40 miles away with 18K miles and a low price. I just might go take a look at it and I just might drive it home. SMH...don't you dare say a thing about it!!!! LOL!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
There are consumers who pay the ADM. They believe that the vehicle is worth paying the ADM to acquire the product. Those consumers are therefore part of 'the market' simply because they are willing to pay that amount, and follow through with the sale. Is everyone in the market for a Bullitt willing to pay the ADM? Probably not. Only the dealers know. It's not rocket science. Limited supply, high demand. Set a price, see if people pay it. If not, drop the price. This is basic supply and demand.

People may scoff, mock, and laugh at those who pay higher ADM. But - why would you care? You realize that most share that exact same derision for people who buy Pony cars in general (paying for a vehicle with higher performance metrics, which one will likely never need to meet the basic function of transportation - travel A to B). For those with emotional attachments to their vehicles, they look beyond the 'rational'.

I did not pay an ADM for my vehicle (I got a PP GT for mid 32k including taxes/fees), but if I truly coveted a product, I would pay whatever value I thought it was worth. I do for guitars.

A friend of mine is thinking of getting a new 911 Turbo for north of $160,000. It makes the ADM on the Bullitt look trivial (I understand how good the 911 is, but from my perspective it aint worth that money- to him it is).
Yea in a way you are right. Because I would pay $5K (probably) for a ZR1. That's because I determined that it is worth the price for me. So who am I to say what someone else determines is right for them...or what someone else is willing to pay. In a way, I DID pay an ADM of sorts. I got my S550 GT for $40K and then a year later it was worth slightly over $20K on a trade in. So really, either way you're gonna pay something.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:57 PM   #2108
shaffe

Quote:
Well it looks like the PP2 is doing it's thing then, lol!! You'll be happy to know that I might be driving home a used 2018 base GT tonight! I saw one about 40 miles away with 18K miles and a low price. I just might go take a look at it and I just might drive it home. SMH...don't you dare say a thing about it!!!! LOL!!

In other Bullitt news, another local dealer has a Bullitt. Advertising it on their website for 2500 below MSRP
Old 07-31-2018, 03:26 PM   #2109
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:

In other Bullitt news, another local dealer has a Bullitt. Advertising it on their website for 2500 below MSRP
LOL, which dealership??
Old 07-31-2018, 03:44 PM   #2110
shaffe

Fair Oaks Ford.

https://www.fairoaksford.com/invento...-Naperville-IL
Old 07-31-2018, 05:36 PM   #2111
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
If you drive home in a base 2018 GT i'm pretty sure there will be some sort of destabilization of the space-time continuum. Be careful.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:52 PM   #2112
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
. But it would have to be a hell of a car for me to pay ADMs.
amen to that hence no 350 here.... At some point, I'd just buy it second hand...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:56 PM   #2113
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:

The dude(s) that just rolled one for 10K over gotta be sick..
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:41 PM   #2114
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
If you drive home in a base 2018 GT i'm pretty sure there will be some sort of destabilization of the space-time continuum. Be careful.
I owe you a 30-pack of beer for that comment!!