Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-27-2020, 03:10 PM   #15
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Good idea. I’ll reach out to them.

I just went to Home Depot and looked around the plumbing isle. The smallest fittings they have are 1/2 inch so I’ll probably have to order something on line.

I want to use a plastic fitting instead of metal or brass since it’s going into a plastic elbow.
I saw some online in brass and plastic. Also the insert on the CAI elbow is brass.

Let me know what you decide since I would probably have to do the same.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:58 PM   #16
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
This is what I was describing.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

Link; https://www.eldonjames.com/product/t4-6bn/
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2020, 04:25 PM   #17
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
The new higher flow green filter with newer pleat section and different spacing designed by Vararam to go a long with there box about to be released. If its an appearance thing I would hold tight!

I picked up good hp with the prototype..

I was testing my 2650, 103mm tb, dsx aux pump and normal sized rotofab was making 667 with the hood open and the cone filter to pull cfm from unlimited space.

Next we installed the vararam prototype not quite 5 inch's the sweet spot is a tad under for his unit. We made 1 pull no tuning made 701 imagine if we tuned on it.. I couldn't because the high side fell to much when we stuck it on. No that I have the fuel I can't wait to test again!

BTW if you don't know Vararam he does some intakes for the copo!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:28 PM   #18
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Try Tracey Lewis I think he had to retire but is still on the all the camaro FB pages!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:09 PM   #19
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
that first link you posted doesn’t work.

The second link is exactly what I thought I was gonna need.......BUT, just realized the fitting on the Roto Fab inlet elbow is made out of brass so I can use a brass fitting.

I certainly appreciate the link you provided. I’m gonna go look through that website for a brass T fitting in that very same size. I’m sure they’ll have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
The new higher flow green filter with newer pleat section and different spacing designed by Vararam to go a long with there box about to be released. If its an appearance thing I would hold tight!

I was testing my 2650, 103mm tb, dsx aux pump and normal sized rotofab was making 667 with the hood open and the cone filter to pull cfm from unlimited space.

Next we installed the vararam prototype not quite 5 inch's the sweet spot is a tad under for his unit. We made 1 pull no tuning made 701 imagine if we tuned on it.. I couldn't because the high side fell to much when we stuck it on. No that I have the fuel I can't wait to test again!

I’ve heard of vararam before. The Roto Fab Im buying is used, not a new one. I can’t bring myself to pay $500 for a CAI.

Im sure that Vararam unit is going to be pricey.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:17 PM   #20
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
I saw some online in brass and plastic. Also the insert on the CAI elbow is brass.

Let me know what you decide since I would probably have to do the same.
It just clicked for me that the threaded fitting on the Roto Fab elbow is brass. Even though their kit comes with a plastic 90 degree fitting to screw into the brass fitting Im going to see if I can source a brass T-fitting instead of plastic.

I also realized that I’ll need to modify the OEM vacuum line fitting that comes from the OEM clean side catch can to the OEM intake elbow on the LT4.

The OEM fitting is a 90 degree click-on connection that won’t work with a barbed T-fitting. I’m thinking about getting a 90 degree male and female fitting to take care of that.

I’ll let you know what I come up with.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 04-27-2020, 05:27 PM   #21
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
I have an elite catch can just haven't put it on yet. Soon I will be probably
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:05 PM   #22
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigg L1 View Post
I have an elite catch can just haven't put it on yet. Soon I will be probably
are you doing it yourself? it's not difficult.

Reach out if you need tips on the install, I did it last year in my driveway with my next door neighbor, who's a retired engineer and used to race corvettes in the 80s, supervising my work so I wouldn't **** anything up lol.

learned a lot about working on cars from that guy until I moved last September, he's the only thing I miss about living at my old place.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 04-27-2020, 08:13 PM   #23
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
Yeah I plan on doing it myself. Just haven't had time really. How long did it take you?

Thanks for offer for a phone a friend might have to take you up on that.
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:52 PM   #24
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigg L1 View Post
Yeah I plan on doing it myself. Just haven't had time really. How long did it take you?

Thanks for offer for a phone a friend might have to take you up on that.
I took my time as I was getting a lot of free knowledge from my neighbor while doing the job. I started it on a Saturday afternoon, worked on it on my driveway till the sun went down and then finished it on Sunday.

took my time, I would say both days together, it probably took me 5 or 6 hours. If you're not bullshitin with someone, like I was, it would only take you a couple of hours.

start buying the supercharger gasket kit from GM, it includes new gaskets (if you want to replace the supercharger lid gasket) and new supercharger to motor bolts.

Those bolts are key, for around $110 for the kit it's worth replacing the bolts. Imagine the headache you'll have if you re-use the stock bolts and one of them snaps inside the motor.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 04-27-2020, 11:24 PM   #25
Alain

Alright.

Im going with these. The T fitting is going on the bottom of the fitting coming out of the Roto Fab elbow.

The top fitting on the T-fitting will go up towards the top of the engine bay and to the E2X catch can.

The left side of the T-fitting will go to the OEM vacuum line that goes to the OEM clean side catch can.

I bought the straight fittings in case I need to trim the top of that OEM vacuum line that goes to the clean side catch can (arrow in the picture)
Attached Images

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 04-28-2020, 07:49 AM   #26
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post

Pictures?? Been following this Vararam development since last year....
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:18 AM   #27
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Alright.

Im going with these. The T fitting is going on the bottom of the fitting coming out of the Roto Fab elbow.

The top fitting on the T-fitting will go up towards the top of the engine bay and to the E2X catch can.

The left side of the T-fitting will go to the OEM vacuum line that goes to the OEM clean side catch can.

I bought the straight fittings in case I need to trim the top of that OEM vacuum line that goes to the clean side catch can (arrow in the picture)

That will work. If you do it up top you can reuse the foam around the hose to cover the t portion. Keeps it looks line and clean/oem.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:20 AM   #28
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
that first link you posted doesn’t work.

The second link is exactly what I thought I was gonna need.......BUT, just realized the fitting on the Roto Fab inlet elbow is made out of brass so I can use a brass fitting.

I certainly appreciate the link you provided. I’m gonna go look through that website for a brass T fitting in that very same size. I’m sure they’ll have it.

I’ve heard of vararam before. The Roto Fab Im buying is used, not a new one. I can’t bring myself to pay $500 for a CAI.

Im sure that Vararam unit is going to be pricey.

You don't have to pay $500 for a new intake. hit us up and we'll get you a deal
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote