#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-20-2018, 08:53 AM   #15
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
I thought about getting a steel plate to put the floor jack on. Only problem is that it will affect my clearance getting the jack under the car. Don’t forget the 1LE is significantly lower than the regular Zl1.

I honestly don’t think there is anywhere else to put floor jacks on this car other than the pinch weld.

Hopefully I’ll be able to score some discounted Race ramps this weekend and those will suffice.

I would have taken care of the shitty surface on the driveway already if I owned the place, I’m a renter so That is not an option for me.
I'll be "that guy" i guess. Sell the Hellcat and buy a house

Otherwise:
1. Don't worry about it, how often will you need to lift both cars?
2. Use your jack on the Hellcat, I found my Hellcat way easier to jack up than my Camaro.
3. Jack Camaro from rear cross member and the bolts of the front cross member. Jack stands on pinch weld points.
4. Buy another set of ZL1 Addon lift points to add to center pinch weld slot for the jack.
4. Buy a used low/mid rise lift.
5. Buy another set of quick jacks.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #16
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
I'll be "that guy" i guess. Sell the Hellcat and buy a house

Otherwise:
1. Don't worry about it, how often will you need to lift both cars?
2. Use your jack on the Hellcat, I found my Hellcat way easier to jack up than my Camaro.
3. Jack Camaro from rear cross member and the bolts of the front cross member. Jack stands on pinch weld points.
4. Buy another set of ZL1 Addon lift points to add to center pinch weld slot for the jack.
4. Buy a used low/mid rise lift.
5. Buy another set of quick jacks.
No chance I’m buying house! I have no interest in being a home owner until after I retire.

I am getting another set of Zl1 addons lift points for the center lift points on the Camaro.

I used the floor jack on my Hellcat and although it was easier than the Camaro it still was a pain in the ass to get the floor jack to center itself under the car.

Not jacking the Camaro on anything that’s on the aluminum front member.

You make a good point. How many times am I going to need to have both cars up in the air. I guess the race ramps will have to make due if the need ever arises.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #17
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
I use Race Ramp wheel cribs instead of jack stands - easier and safer to use for any car in my opinion.
from https://raceramps.com
Old 11-20-2018, 06:10 PM   #18
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsadryheat79 View Post
I use Race Ramp wheel cribs instead of jack stands - easier and safer to use for any car in my opinion.
from https://raceramps.com
I’m getting the race ramps for the front of the car. Also considering the wheel cribs for the back. BUT, to use those you still need to use a floor jack, since that’s the case I might just stick with the jack stands on the pinch welds.

Looking for a coupon to save some dough on race ramps but I can’t find anything anywhere.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 11-20-2018, 06:42 PM   #19
GA SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
So everyone knows, i don't know how long the promo was on for but if you want a quick jack you can use SEMA2018 for a $300 off discount, i ordered my 7000ext for 1291, it arrives today
I hope you have better luck than I did. I got mine last night BL7000EXT. The boxes on the frames are destroyed. One of the wheels is broken in half. The weight for me is unusable. I could jack my car up and put it on jack stands much faster than dealing with with these or I could use 4 race ramps depending on what i am trying to do. I doubt I will ever use these based on weight of maneuvering them into place and storing them.
I'm not trying to bash the Company, but if you buy them just understand what you are getting.
GA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:14 PM   #20
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA SS View Post
I hope you have better luck than I did. I got mine last night BL7000EXT. The boxes on the frames are destroyed. One of the wheels is broken in half. The weight for me is unusable. I could jack my car up and put it on jack stands much faster than dealing with with these or I could use 4 race ramps depending on what i am trying to do. I doubt I will ever use these based on weight of maneuvering them into place and storing them.
I'm not trying to bash the Company, but if you buy them just understand what you are getting.
Damn, that stinks.

The boxes on my shipment where damaged as well (and I was expecting that). Ups and fedex are not the best at handling heavy shipments these days. Those dudes are underpaid and overworked.

Quickjack sends you two replacement wheels as part of the package. Don’t know if you noticed that. Call them and they will send you a replacement so that you have two spares.

They are indeed heavy, about 90 lbs each if I remember correctly. But they have to be that heavy, remember those things can lift 7000 lbs for a reason.

I guess you must not have looked at how heavy each frame was before ordering. You’ll be surprised how easy they are to maneuver on those two little wheels.

I’m not putting you down or defending them, they actually got on my nerves because they sent me mine without any instructions. I had to contact them two separate times to get them to send me a set of instructions.

I realized after I got the instructions In the mail that they can be downloaded as a pdf from their site. And they have every possible question you can have answered on their YouTube channel.

Give them a try or two. You might change your mind.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 11-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #21
Alain

By the way, just dropped some coin on the 67 inch, two piece race ramp setup with extenders and wheel chocks.

They’ll have to do whenever I need to have the car up in the air while having access to the rocker panel area.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 11-20-2018, 08:03 PM   #22
GA SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Damn, that stinks.

The boxes on my shipment where damaged as well (and I was expecting that). Ups and fedex are not the best at handling heavy shipments these days. Those dudes are underpaid and overworked.

Quickjack sends you two replacement wheels as part of the package. Don’t know if you noticed that. Call them and they will send you a replacement so that you have two spares.

They are indeed heavy, about 90 lbs each if I remember correctly. But they have to be that heavy, remember those things can lift 7000 lbs for a reason.

I guess you must not have looked at how heavy each frame was before ordering. You’ll be surprised how easy they are to maneuver on those two little wheels.

I’m not putting you down or defending them, they actually got on my nerves because they sent me mine without any instructions. I had to contact them two separate times to get them to send me a set of instructions.

I realized after I got the instructions In the mail that they can be downloaded as a pdf from their site. And they have every possible question you can have answered on their YouTube channel.

Give them a try or two. You might change your mind.
Thanks Alain,
I didn't realize they had two replacement wheels in the package. After handling them I decided they were not going to work for me and decided to go a different direction with out ever trying to set them up.
I think race ramps and maybe the same size cribs to get it level to do things like changing the rear end fluid.
I also didn't get directions.
As another member here said I drank the Camaro 6 kool aid and had to have those things. Live and learn.
GA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:09 PM   #23
Alain

Oh, well it’s a shame you spent the money on them and didn’t like them. I’m sure someone will eventually take them off your hands. Shipping them will be a nightmare though.

I think they are an incredibly convenient tool to have in your garage if you like to wrench on the underside of your ride.

Race ramps are almost as good though. I just got me a set of those

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 11-20-2018, 08:32 PM   #24
SpeedLimit

Drives: 2019 F150
Haha, my quickjack 7000 arrived with destroyed boxes and broken wheels too. If I were to purchase again I would go with the lighter 5000 and replace the connectors with leak free quick connectors.
SpeedLimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #25
DANACO

Drives: 18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA SS View Post
Thanks Alain,
I didn't realize they had two replacement wheels in the package. After handling them I decided they were not going to work for me and decided to go a different direction with out ever trying to set them up.
I think race ramps and maybe the same size cribs to get it level to do things like changing the rear end fluid.
I also didn't get directions.
As another member here said I drank the Camaro 6 kool aid and had to have those things. Live and learn.
I’d have to completely disagree with your assessment of the quick jacks on most points, I do agree the shipping boxes are a joke, I was lucky and got mine in reasonable shape.
While they are heavy, the 7K model weighed about 100lbs each on my scale, they are easily moveable with the wheels while lifting the opposite end and glide very easily on the plastic glides I machined and installed on them, 4 nine inch long glides on each. I’m 60+ and no King Kong ! at least for me, it makes working on and the ability to change wheels with out the time, expense, and the general poor, gorilla like workmanship that gives dealers their deserved bad raps that we too often have to put up with.
These jacks are cleverly designed and give us home garage mechanics the height and safety needed, they are also nicely made. When I get the chance I’ll post some pics of the glides I made and the placement holders I also made to keep the rubber pads where they need to be for a faster setup time along with no guessing, always in the right position.
There is simply nothing else available that does what these jacks can do given their cost, size , portability, and safety factor. IMO!
DANACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:43 PM   #26
SpeedLimit

Drives: 2019 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANACO View Post
I’d have to completely disagree with your assessment of the quick jacks on most points, I do agree the shipping boxes are a joke, I was lucky and got mine in reasonable shape.
While they are heavy, the 7K model weighed about 100lbs each on my scale, they are easily moveable with the wheels while lifting the opposite end and glide very easily on the plastic glides I machined and installed on them, 4 nine inch long glides on each. I’m 60+ and no King Kong ! at least for me, it makes working on and the ability to change wheels with out the time, expense, and the general poor, gorilla like workmanship that gives dealers their deserved bad raps that we too often have to put up with.
These jacks are cleverly designed and give us home garage mechanics the height and safety needed, they are also nicely made. When I get the chance I’ll post some pics of the glides I made and the placement holders I also made to keep the rubber pads where they need to be for a faster setup time along with no guessing, always in the right position.
There is simply nothing else available that does what these jacks can do given their cost, size , portability, and safety factor. IMO!

Plastic glides... didn't think of that. Good idea post pics of how you installed the glides
SpeedLimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:32 PM   #27
DANACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit View Post
Plastic glides... didn't think of that. Good idea post pics of how you installed the glides
I’ll take pics tommorow sometime when I move the truck out of the garage. It’s interesting that they used to come with small round plastic glides, crappy as they were, they probably broke off too often and had customer complaints is my guess. Mine cover a large surface area and capture the sides of the steel tubes for 9” each, enough area that I mounted them with 3M VHB tape and they’re not going anywhere but staying put !
Old 11-21-2018, 06:07 PM   #28
DANACO

So here are some pics of the my glides and placement holders for the pads in the trays.
Attached Images