Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-10-2021, 09:00 PM   #15
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
I’ll call the dealership this week and feel them out on the price. Anything below 60k I’ll probably jump on it.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:41 PM   #16
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
Alain I'm glad I saw this, I will pm you also, RK motors has a solid track record, but you can save half of that money and get the same type of cars, go to lateral G or protouring .com these two web sights has classic cars with modern upgrades. Now here's some news that ABC motors will not mention, there is a guy who custom builds camaro, chevelles etc, he puts them up for sale just before he paints them, that way you can get the color you want etc if you go ahead and purchase, the vehicles come with a LS etc. Now if people are slow on buying a 30-40k that's ready to go(painted), guess what the guy calls ABC motors they buy them and double the price. But watch those web sight good deals come up all the , just be patient. I have a ZL1 and a 1972 chevelle 6.0 LQ4, T56 magnum, and some twin turbos that will go on, but old cars are old cars, even if you get it going 100% there will be problems every now and then, I wouldn't get rid of either of my cars.
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:00 AM   #17
d15b7

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 1 LE
PM sent to you concerning contact info for Rick the Chevelle owner
d15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 09:32 AM   #18
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
Unless the restore was accompanied with a photo album showing everything done step by step, no way would I buy a restored classic without having it inspected by a professional. Bondo, paint, and under coating material can hide defects that can cost a fortune to repair.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:52 PM   #19
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalot View Post
Alain I'm glad I saw this, I will pm you also, RK motors has a solid track record, but you can save half of that money and get the same type of cars, go to lateral G or protouring .com these two web sights has classic cars with modern upgrades. Now here's some news that ABC motors will not mention, there is a guy who custom builds camaro, chevelles etc, he puts them up for sale just before he paints them, that way you can get the color you want etc if you go ahead and purchase, the vehicles come with a LS etc. Now if people are slow on buying a 30-40k that's ready to go(painted), guess what the guy calls ABC motors they buy them and double the price. But watch those web sight good deals come up all the , just be patient. I have a ZL1 and a 1972 chevelle 6.0 LQ4, T56 magnum, and some twin turbos that will go on, but old cars are old cars, even if you get it going 100% there will be problems every now and then, I wouldn't get rid of either of my cars.
Thank you for your suggestions. I will take a look at those sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d15b7 View Post
PM sent to you concerning contact info for Rick the Chevelle owner
Got it, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
Unless the restore was accompanied with a photo album showing everything done step by step, no way would I buy a restored classic without having it inspected by a professional. Bondo, paint, and under coating material can hide defects that can cost a fortune to repair.
I agree.

I actually would not want an original restoration that shouldn’t be modified because I’m really looking to dropping a built motor in it at some point.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote