Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-02-2021, 01:09 PM   #1
Ghost_White

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
How to clean matte black hood???

I just did a quick wash on my car. Apparently while it was sitting at the dealership, someone decided to write "CLEAN ME" and draw a face on the matte black hood. Now that I've washed it, it's very noticeable. What can I do to get this off of there??? You can see what I'm talking about in the pics below....
Attached Images

Ghost_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:12 PM   #2
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
REDRUM!!! sorry I don't have any solution to add.
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:15 PM   #3
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Have the dealer replace the wrap.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:19 PM   #4
Ghost_White

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
Have the dealer replace the wrap.
Kind of hard to do...I live in MI....got the car from SD over the weekend.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:21 PM   #5
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Tried this?

https://adamspolishes.com/products/a...kaAhv-EALw_wcB
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:23 PM   #6
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
you can try to use adams wrap cleaner. if that doesn't work its going to need to be replaced, that wrap is warrantied by 3m through GM for a short period of time. just take it to any GM dealer, that you can trust to do wrap lol
Old 03-02-2021, 01:25 PM   #7
Ghost_White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
you can try to use adams wrap cleaner. if that doesn't work its going to need to be replaced, that wrap is warrantied by 3m through GM for a short period of time. just take it to any GM dealer, that you can trust to do wrap lol
How long is a "short time"? It's a 2019 with just over 10k on it. I bought it used over the weekend from out of state.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM   #8
ProdigalLunatic

Drives: 2021 Camaro - Shadow Gray LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_White View Post
Kind of hard to do...I live in MI....got the car from SD over the weekend.

South Dakota? Spearfish? Queen City motors?

If so, I considered buying that car, before deciding to go with a more basic LT1 from another dealer. Small world...
ProdigalLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:28 PM   #9
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
I highly doubt they're going to warranty it for that though. I'd be surprised if a vinyl cleaner didn't help.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:38 PM   #10
Ghost_White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalLunatic View Post
South Dakota? Spearfish? Queen City motors?

If so, I considered buying that car, before deciding to go with a more basic LT1 from another dealer. Small world...
Sioux Falls??? I looked for 2 weeks. I wanted 2SS with 1LE pkg. I found 7 across the US that were advertised. I really wanted the crush in GA, but the dealer wasn't going to deal. Was dealing on one in NJ and the dealer was playing games. He wouldn't tell me how much OTD pricing was or anything, until he called me on Saturday and I told him I was half way to SD to pick up another car. Then suddenly he wanted to wheel and deal. He even knocked $2k off the price...LOL. But I was already 6 hour into my drive.

I actually did some detective work and talked to the PO last night. The car was only tracked twice and was very well maintained. She's sending me all the maintenance records. She was like, "what are your intentions with my baby?!?!" And I responded, it couldn't have went to a better home. And that I will take great care of it.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:43 PM   #11
ProdigalLunatic

Quote:
Sioux Falls??? I looked for 2 weeks. I wanted 2SS with 1LE pkg. I found 7 across the US that were advertised. I really wanted the crush in GA, but the dealer wasn't going to deal. Was dealing on one in NJ and the dealer was playing games. He wouldn't tell me how much OTD pricing was or anything, until he called me on Saturday and I told him I was half way to SD to pick up another car. Then suddenly he wanted to wheel and deal. He even knocked $2k off the price...LOL. But I was already 6 hour into my drive.

I actually did some detective work and talked to the PO last night. The car was only tracked twice and was very well maintained. She's sending me all the maintenance records. She was like, "what are your intentions with my baby?!?!" And I responded, it couldn't have went to a better home. And that I will take great care of it.

Ah, different car, then. There was a very similar one for sale recently in western South Dakota that's gone now. I guess 1+1 doesn't always equal 2.

Nice find! Getting all the maintenance records is great! Looks like you got a steal.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:49 PM   #12
Ghost_White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalLunatic View Post
Ah, different car, then. There was a very similar one for sale recently in western South Dakota that's gone now. I guess 1+1 doesn't always equal 2.

Nice find! Getting all the maintenance records is great! Looks like you got a steal.
It might be the same one you were looking at. How many miles were on the one you were looking at? This one had 8990 when I picked it up.

I got there at 430pm on Saturday and left at 5pm. I guess at 6pm there was a major pile up and snow fall that happened that I just missed...
Old 03-02-2021, 01:52 PM   #13
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
ouch too bad that won't buff out. Id go with the recommended wrap cleaner I think Adams and Chemical guys have stuff. Otherwise, lesser known thing is the hood underneath is body color and isn't hard to peel off if you felt you had to go that route.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:06 PM   #14
ProdigalLunatic

Quote:
It might be the same one you were looking at. How many miles were on the one you were looking at? This one had 8990 when I picked it up.

I got there at 430pm on Saturday and left at 5pm. I guess at 6pm there was a major pile up and snow fall that happened that I just missed...

The one I looked at was in Spearfish, a town on the opposite end of the state from Sioux Falls. And the one I looked at was new. You'd have had to drive another 400 miles to get to it. I just took a shot, as the cars are really similar, sold within a week or so of each other, and there aren't many Camaros for sale in South Dakota this time of year. Ah well.

Have fun!