Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 06-01-2017, 05:23 PM   #1
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Electronics going wacky.....

I've had this happen on 2 occasions now. It went away the first time so didn't worry about it but another interesting situation happened again.

The battery went dead and i jump started the car then went for a drive. NONE of the programmed channels on the radio were stored anymore so i just chalked that up as a dead battery reset. Then i noticed my AC blowing hot air. After pressing all the buttons on the HVAC screen, i realized nothing worked. The heated seat button, the vented seat button, none would work. I pulled over, shut the car off, opened the door so it was completely "off" and started it back up and EVERYTHING went back to normal. Even my presets came back.
Weird, but i don't get too worked up about stuff like that and thought maybe it was a fluke.

Fast forward about a month later, wife and i on a road trip and stopped to eat. Get in the car and the car would not recognize the keyfob and would not start and warned me that key wasn't in the car. It would still unlock and lock from the fob buttons. I put it in the cup holder and it started and i drove off. Then i realized my AC was blowing hot again and my heated/vented seat controls wouldn't work again... I pulled over, shut the car off, didn't recognize the fob again, so i unlocked/locked it a few times and let it sit a minute, then EVERYTHING WORKED AS IT SHOULD! Started up like normal again with all functions working correctly.

WTF!! Anyone experience anything like this? Everything is working fine right now, but I'm worried it may take an ultimate dump and never come back. I did some forum searching and haven't seen this exact issue yet.
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
chrest

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=465525&page=2

found this that may be similar...
603hp/547tq
Old 06-29-2017, 03:50 PM   #3
Vyncynt

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (on order)
I had a similar problem where my Infotainment system got a mind of it's own. I took my 2016 2SS it to the dealer and told them my radio was haunted. They disconnected the negative battery cable, waited a moment, and then reconnected it. Have not had that problem since. Also got them to recently flash the radio to the latest software (no noticeable difference). Has not happened after that either.

"Ahhh! Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get!"
- Lyrics from a song from Scooter: "Apache Rock the Bottom!"

Previously owned
1998 BMW 540 w/M-series package
1991 Trans Am GTA
1985 Saab 900 Turbo (Burned leaded fuel on the Autobahn)
1985 Firebird (R.I.P.)
1976 Camaro LT
Vyncynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:06 AM   #4
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
I know a loose or bad ground can cause strange electrical problems in modern vehicles. Re-flashing the module that handles the mylink wouldn't hurt either.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:51 AM   #5
chrest

ive had 2 instances where the the car would sit for 10+ days and be completely dead....
603hp/547tq
Old 07-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #6
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrest View Post
I've had this happen on 2 occasions now. It went away the first time so didn't worry about it but another interesting situation happened again.

The battery went dead and i jump started the car then went for a drive. NONE of the programmed channels on the radio were stored anymore so i just chalked that up as a dead battery reset. Then i noticed my AC blowing hot air. After pressing all the buttons on the HVAC screen, i realized nothing worked. The heated seat button, the vented seat button, none would work. I pulled over, shut the car off, opened the door so it was completely "off" and started it back up and EVERYTHING went back to normal. Even my presets came back.
Weird, but i don't get too worked up about stuff like that and thought maybe it was a fluke.

Fast forward about a month later, wife and i on a road trip and stopped to eat. Get in the car and the car would not recognize the keyfob and would not start and warned me that key wasn't in the car. It would still unlock and lock from the fob buttons. I put it in the cup holder and it started and i drove off. Then i realized my AC was blowing hot again and my heated/vented seat controls wouldn't work again... I pulled over, shut the car off, didn't recognize the fob again, so i unlocked/locked it a few times and let it sit a minute, then EVERYTHING WORKED AS IT SHOULD! Started up like normal again with all functions working correctly.

WTF!! Anyone experience anything like this? Everything is working fine right now, but I'm worried it may take an ultimate dump and never come back. I did some forum searching and haven't seen this exact issue yet.
Have the Battery Load Tested. I've seen NIB Batteries have a bad cell.

The next time this occurs put a Multimeter on the Battery and measure the voltage.

A few things can be happening; 1) Low Battery Voltage cause the BCM to go into Saver mode and disconnects the battery; 2) Bad connection at the battery(even clean connection can break contact); 3) Parasitic Load drawing down battery voltage when car is off and causing #1; 4) Other issues.

Today's cars are sensitive to voltage fluctuations and need a good constant source of supply power.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #7
chrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
Have the Battery Load Tested. I've seen NIB Batteries have a bad cell.

The next time this occurs put a Multimeter on the Battery and measure the voltage.

A few things can be happening; 1) Low Battery Voltage cause the BCM to go into Saver mode and disconnects the battery; 2) Bad connection at the battery(even clean connection can break contact); 3) Parasitic Load drawing down battery voltage when car is off and causing #1; 4) Other issues.

Today's cars are sensitive to voltage fluctuations and need a good constant source of supply power.
im going in for my first service and going to bring those items up. I went out of town for 12 days and the damn thing was dead as a door nail.

Havent had any other electronic issues but the battery dying so soon is concerning.
603hp/547tq
Old 07-07-2017, 09:26 AM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Yeah, something wrong ........my car sat for 45 days last summer....... on restart, all normal.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #9
chrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Yeah, something wrong ........my car sat for 45 days last summer....... on restart, all normal.
yea and I'm talking SUPER dead. like no interior light or anything.
603hp/547tq