Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #29
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Beast View Post
If you look at the post #18 from SS 1LE, he stated that Comp mode works in both Sport and Track. I said that I couldn't get it to work in Track.
I'm guessing and hoping that the meaning of "Comp" is equivalent to having no nannies active. Which would make me feel better about my post #19 quoting his post #18.

I feel like I just ordered Chinese food.
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:47 PM   #30
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
I don't believe you can get Comp Mode in Track as double clicking gets you to PTM. You can click ONCE and turn off TCS but I don't know what this does exactly, as all docs say both TSC *and* StabiiTrac need to display plus a dash needs to confirm one is in Comp Mode (as it does when one double clicks from Sport). Yet another reason we need a better damn manual!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:48 PM   #31
TrackClub

Joe: Comp mode is a separate setting per my OP. It is NOT all nannies off for sure.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #32
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Competition mode is available in BOTH sport mode and track mode. It allows for such things as launch control to be active. Only difference is in sport mode it keeps stability control on, at a lesser threshold, while when used in track mode it turns stability control off and uses the PTM modes in it's place. So depending on your choice of PTM mode, you may use more nannies, or no nannies...at least that is my understanding of it.
Not quite: there is such a thing as a Competition Mode. It is outside of PTM. It turns TCS off but retains StabiliTrak. It offers full motor power at all times (unlikme PTM). Ref my OP for description.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:55 PM   #33
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Joe: Comp mode is a separate setting per my OP. It is NOT all nannies off for sure.
Would I be correct in saying that holding the TC button for 5 seconds turns off all nannies and (what I do) dropping to Track mode then selecting Race also turns off all nannies?
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Old 06-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #34
TrackClub

Joe: yes and no, respectively.
All TMP choices have some degree of nannies from wet (the most) to race (the least).
Old 06-01-2017, 07:14 PM   #35
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Joe: yes and no, respectively.
All TMP choices have some degree of nannies from wet (the most) to race (the least).
Interesting. Here I thought all along since I've had the car and put on the super charger that I've been turning everything off by going to Track then Race and felt like I was the man! LOL. Kind of glad to hear this though because now I need to really see how the car handles with all the nannies truly off. Not saying I'm not going back but I really like to understand the cars limits.
Sincerely, thanks for clarifying.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:12 PM   #36
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Interesting. Here I thought all along since I've had the car and put on the super charger that I've been turning everything off by going to Track then Race and felt like I was the man! LOL. Kind of glad to hear this though because now I need to really see how the car handles with all the nannies truly off. Not saying I'm not going back but I really like to understand the cars limits.
Sincerely, thanks for clarifying.
Yes this is true, PTM Race still has some very slight assists active.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:54 AM   #37
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Although I like the PTM modes, I didn't like the lazy throttle of the Race in Track mode.
I started turning everything off in Track mode so steering and the suspension settings stay the same but with not sluggish throttle response. I think I like this configuration the most now. Even without the nannies, car was still communicative and let me easily recover at certain corners.
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:46 AM   #38
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Beast View Post
I couldn't get it into Competition mode when in Race mode. When I press the TC button twice in Track mode it brings up the PTM menu selection.
Guess you mean when you are in track mode, not sport mode? In my car it flashed the competition mode screen for like a second, then brought up the PTM screen. Watch the screen carefully when you do that, maybe you just missed it, as it pops up and goes away really fast.

Quote:
Not quite: there is such a thing as a Competition Mode. It is outside of PTM. It turns TCS off but retains StabiliTrak. It offers full motor power at all times (unlikme PTM). Ref my OP for description.
It seems you misunderstood me...as what I wrote was correct. Competition mode has two variances, depending on if you are in sport or track mode. Again, competition mode allows access to things like launch control and in sport mode it will change to a less aggressive stability control setting. In track, it still allows access to launch control, and PTM takes over the stability control part of it allowing the user to select how much, or how little "help" they want from it. In my car when I am in track mode, the competition mode screen pops up for like a split second before the PTM screen pops up to let you know you have that on as well...

Last edited by SS 1LE; 06-02-2017 at 08:07 AM.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:07 AM   #39
Tim202

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Well dang. I think I'm more confused now about the whole thing than I was before I read this thread.
Tim202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:03 PM   #40
Trackpack

Drives: 1LE
The car has 4 wheels and three inputs: brake, accelerate, & turn. I have 5k miles on my 1LE but no track time yet. A way to figure out what is happening is to take the brake pad temps after a track session. My experience with a Corvette in Competition Mode is that the rear brakes were hotter than the fronts when using competition mode. The system will essentially drag the inside rear wheel to help make the corners which heats up the rear pads. I personally was faster on track than competition mode in the Corvette. We shall see if I can beat the various modes in my 1LE. (Reminder - GM will replace a blown motor from personal experience...did you print the email?)
Trackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:52 AM   #41
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackpack View Post
The car has 4 wheels and three inputs: brake, accelerate, & turn. I have 5k miles on my 1LE but no track time yet. A way to figure out what is happening is to take the brake pad temps after a track session. My experience with a Corvette in Competition Mode is that the rear brakes were hotter than the fronts when using competition mode. The system will essentially drag the inside rear wheel to help make the corners which heats up the rear pads. I personally was faster on track than competition mode in the Corvette. We shall see if I can beat the various modes in my 1LE. (Reminder - GM will replace a blown motor from personal experience...did you print the email?)
Agree fully. It all depends on a track and driving style incl over driving the car. In my experience F to R Pads life with all off was about 2 to 1. With comp mode a bit less but not significantly.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:19 PM   #42
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Guess you mean when you are in track mode, not sport mode? In my car it flashed the competition mode screen for like a second, then brought up the PTM screen. Watch the screen carefully when you do that, maybe you just missed it, as it pops up and goes away really fast.

It seems you misunderstood me...as what I wrote was correct. Competition mode has two variances, depending on if you are in sport or track mode. Again, competition mode allows access to things like launch control and in sport mode it will change to a less aggressive stability control setting. In track, it still allows access to launch control, and PTM takes over the stability control part of it allowing the user to select how much, or how little "help" they want from it. In my car when I am in track mode, the competition mode screen pops up for like a split second before the PTM screen pops up to let you know you have that on as well...
The car has 3 distinct SYSTEMS that permit customization of DRIVER selected performance modes. The systems are:
1) Traction Control System
2) StabiliTrack
3) PTM

My OP focused not on the systems, but the modes a DRIVER can select and what they provide and as such I believe my OP to be still correct. So, speaking of what mode a driver can select:

1) One can turn everything off by pushing the TC for 5 secs, meaning no nannies of any kind.
2) One can also have all the nannies, but different performance calibrations for eLSD, suspension, steering and exhaust by just selecting Drive Mode such as Ice/Snow, Touring, Sport and Track BUT NOT CLICKING the TC button.
3) One can have Competitive Mode, which disables TC but maintains StabiliTrak plus full motor power ONLY from Sport Mode by double clicking on TC button. This mode is then confirmed by a dash display.
4) One can enter PTM, only from Track Mode, by double clicking the TC button. Indeed, the screen briefly blinks Competitive Mode, but that is quickly overridden by a PTM displaying 5 choices: Wet, Dry, Sport 1, 2 and Race. At this stage, you MUST select one of the 5 choices. These choices are detailed in the "table" posted on page 1 of this thread. As you can see,
1st 3 provide StabiliTrack, while the last 2 don't. ALL 5 provide Traction Control ,albeit this varies depending which PTM mode one picks.
HENCE: it is impossible to achieve a Competitive Mode while being in Track, such as it is available under Sport, as TC never turns off in PTM.

But, one can get there "manually". That means go to Sport Mode, double click TC to get in Competitive Mode (which provides: zero TC, StabiliTrak on, full motor power) THEN go to Infotainment SETTINGS and change Steering, Exhaust and Suspension settings to Track.

Sport Mode is the only place to get there from. That was my point as stated in my OP. Having said that, in Track Mode, one can press TC button ONCE vs TWICE and it will turn off TC (and not launch PTM). However, only TC light shows then vs StabiliTrak as well and the manual states both have to be on for one to be in Competitive Mode (such as in Sport). So I don't know what a single press of TC in Track does as it is not explained anywhere. It COULD be the same as the Sport's Competitive Mode plus all "manual" adjustments as stated above, or it could be different.
That's why as I have stated in a separate thread: the HP supplement sucks and we defo need something better!

Cheers!