Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 11-09-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
1960apache

Drives: 1969 Corvette
Anyone not buying due to new pricing?

I have held off on the excitement and after years of being loyal to Chevy I feel like I am the only one who needs to start smoking crack and Chevy knows what they were doing by holding out so long on the MSRP, get the people to buy and then tell the price like some timeshare sales pitch or something. I am just disappointed, $34k for a 4 cylinder or V6 Camaro and $47k for a 2SS? Is it just me that thinks the pricing is so far from reality and just not going to buy? I guess the excitement has worn off, I will just find a 2013-2015 with low miles and get the best deal possible, the market is flooded with good buys,

Oh well, I guess I will just wait a few years to see how the market is on second hand 1SS's. I have just been pumped for months about the new car. Enjoy your new Camaro for me, maybe driving one will hook me, that Hyper Blue is just so hot looking.
Attached Images

1960apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:07 PM   #2
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
do you really need to hype up the price by 3k on each with the brake upgrade.... cmon man its too obvious. why not throw in the 2k rims while your at it.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:17 PM   #3
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Is there any particular reason you require 6 piston brembo front brakes on a 2.0 Turbo camaro?... that's a big chunk of change for something that's IMO overkill on the much lighter 4 cylinder.... go spec out a FRS/BRZ similar to the 2.0 Turbo camaro and you'll end up with a very similar MSRP
Old 11-09-2015, 10:20 PM   #4
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Honestly, the 6 piston brembo's are overkill period. I have the stock 4 piston ones and they are fantastic already.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:22 PM   #5
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
New pricing..? We've known the pricing for a while now. It's priced comparably to other makes / models. Also, yeah, why are you adding the $3k 6 piston front brake kit? It comes with 4 piston brembos, front and rear. Unless you plan on seriously tracking the car, you won't need them.
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:23 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960apache View Post
I have held off on the excitement and after years of being loyal to Chevy I feel like I am the only one who needs to start smoking crack and Chevy knows what they were doing by holding out so long on the MSRP, get the people to buy and then tell the price like some timeshare sales pitch or something. I am just disappointed, $34k for a 4 cylinder or V6 Camaro and $47k for a 2SS? Is it just me that thinks the pricing is so far from reality and just not going to buy? I guess the excitement has worn off, I will just find a 2013-2015 with low miles and get the best deal possible, the market is flooded with good buys,

Oh well, I guess I will just wait a few years to see how the market is on second hand 1SS's. I have just been pumped for months about the new car. Enjoy your new Camaro for me, maybe driving one will hook me, that Hyper Blue is just so hot looking.
Don't want to pay that much? Then don't tick the option boxes.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:25 PM   #7
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Seriously, OP is like the people whining about $50k+ Silverados. They only get that expensive when you start going crazy on the order sheet.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:44 PM   #8
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
and didn't we already know the pricing for the most part?
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:51 PM   #9
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Yeah your checked options are a bit awkward. 6 piston breaks but no MRC or NPP?

The car comes stock with 4 piston front and back Brembo brakes. The 6 Piston are overkill u less you're tracking the car weekly.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:42 PM   #10
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Sorry but has anyone looked at dodge's website?

Challengers creep much farther than any of these prices and in my opinion, offer far less. My boss just got a scat pack and he talks all this trash about the new camaro. I just keep telling him, enjoy it now, cuz when my car comes in...you'll be singing a different tune.

Read the reviews and go check one out for yourself. Chevy has completely transformed this vehicle. You get what you pay for and they know it.

Kind of annoying when people complain about pricing and they compare extremely loaded Camaros vs base line mustangs and challengers. That's fine with me! Talk yourself out of a great car. One less on the road. Makes mine more unique.
F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:46 AM   #11
Zultain7

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc_Z28 View Post
Is there any particular reason you require 6 piston brembo front brakes on a 2.0 Turbo camaro?... that's a big chunk of change for something that's IMO overkill on the much lighter 4 cylinder.... go spec out a FRS/BRZ similar to the 2.0 Turbo camaro and you'll end up with a very similar MSRP
Pretty much this. I went a priced a new turbo Camaro verses the EcoBoost Mustang and the Camaro was only $700 more.
3000 Status on 9/3
3300 Status on 10/8
3400 Status on 10/9
3800 Status on 10/19
Delivery 12/28
Zultain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #12
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
apache...Again...another typical example of someone who loaded up their car with unnecessary options, and then complains about price. The ONLY complaint that is valid about this car on price, is that the SS comes with too many features standard.

I want you to think about this...and then tell me how this car is overpriced.

Example 1: My 2010 Camaro 1LT/V6/RS/automatic Camaro was roughly $29,600 out the door MSRP in July of 2009. Now, if you go price out the 2016 with as similar options as you can get, the same car comes out at roughly 30,500 - 31,000. Now tell me, 6 years later, how a car that is vastly superior and has more standard features for around 1,500 more is over priced??? (You don't need the dang brakes unless you are going to be tracking this car a lot!!!)

Example 2: A 2SS starts at around 42 grand. Now....go to the Ford website. Select a Ford Mustang GT. Make it a premium, select the 401A equipment group, the GT Performance Package, adaptive cruise control...that's it. This puts the Mustang GT on par features wise with a 2SS. Now look at the summary page and look at the MSRP. Ohh..looky there....its over 42 grand as well.

I await your response.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:35 AM   #13
MrImSoFly

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
apache...Again...another typical example of someone who loaded up their car with unnecessary options, and then complains about price. The ONLY complaint that is valid about this car on price, is that the SS comes with too many features standard.

I want you to think about this...and then tell me how this car is overpriced.

Example 1: My 2010 Camaro 1LT/V6/RS/automatic Camaro was roughly $29,600 out the door MSRP in July of 2009. Now, if you go price out the 2016 with as similar options as you can get, the same car comes out at roughly 30,500 - 31,000. Now tell me, 6 years later, how a car that is vastly superior and has more standard features for around 1,500 more is over priced??? (You don't need the dang brakes unless you are going to be tracking this car a lot!!!)

Example 2: A 2SS starts at around 42 grand. Now....go to the Ford website. Select a Ford Mustang GT. Make it a premium, select the 401A equipment group, the GT Performance Package, adaptive cruise control...that's it. This puts the Mustang GT on par features wise with a 2SS. Now look at the summary page and look at the MSRP. Ohh..looky there....its over 42 grand as well.

I await your response.

MrImSoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:10 AM   #14
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
The only issue I can see with pricing is the dealers. Many dealers will try to stock fully optioned cars. So to the casual customer strolling onto the lot, they will see a larger price difference. This may sway the average Joe towards the blue oval lot. Otherwise, the pricing is not far off.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote