Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-13-2019, 02:21 PM   #57
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
Wow, this looks excellent! I've been researching DIY wrapping, mostly youtube videos. Do you have any general tips for us thinking about DIY? I'm thinking about doing this gradually over a couple months, even if i have a clown car during that time.
Thanks!!

I had never wrapped anything before I started this project. I watched youtube videos for almost 2 months in my spare time.
One Big TIP... its a LOT harder than it looks. (im a DIY guy on all my cars, even tinted windows as a side job for many years)

This car took me 70 hrs of wrap time and plus prob at least another 10 hrs in dissassembly and reassembly. (I know I removed way more than necessary but I wanted to be extra sure I got around and under everything possible)

From my research it takes the professional guys 4-5 days. So I am assuming thats like 30-40 hrs to do a car. so I dont guess its too far off the mark for a straight up "never touched any vinyl wrap" guy like me to take twice as long on my first try.

I hope you try it, and you are sucessful! you might have the knack from the very begining. Never know till you buy a roll and go for it. (or buy a small roll and give it a try ..LOL )

I have been thinking about taking a few of the classes that are offered on learning how to wrap from the professionals sometime next year and see if I could do this as a side job.

oh...one more pic...

SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #58
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEGXXIS View Post
Thanks!!

oh...one more pic...

your car looks great! Thanks for the advice, and encouragement. Good to know going in, it's harder than it looks. I've convinced myself before of DIY work being easier than it really is, and found myself over my head. The risk for a DIY wrapping doesn't seem too bad, i'm not going to loose thousands... but i could waste a lot of time, and have a clown car for a bit if it all goes wrong. And in that worst case, i just remove the wrap.

I'm figuring this will take me 80+hrs as well, as i have absolutely no experience with wrapping. You're really not paying yourself a lot for you're DIY time, but i'm figuring this won't be the last car i wrap, and the next time it will be easier!

I found the CK Wrap guy on youtube doing 6th gen Camaro quarter panel,
this guy really seems to know his stuff

Last edited by Hops; 12-15-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:01 AM   #59
NEGXXIS

Quote:
your car looks great! Thanks for the advice, and encouragement. Good to know going in, it's harder than it looks. I've convinced myself before of DIY work being easier than it really is, and found myself over my head. The risk for a DIY wrapping doesn't seem too bad, i'm not going to loose thousands... but i could waste a lot of time, and have a clown car for a bit if it all goes wrong. And in that worst case, i just remove the wrap.

I'm figuring this will take me 80+hrs as well, as i have absolutely no experience with wrapping. You're really not paying yourself a lot for you're DIY time, but i'm figuring this won't be the last car i wrap, and the next time it will be easier!

I found the CK Wrap guy on youtube doing 6th gen Camaro quarter panel, this guy really seems to know his stuff

Yeah he is amazing at wrapping cars. Wish he wasnt in Canada and I would most likely attend of his training classes.

Im sure its like most other things I have tried, it gets easier with experiance and practice. So im going to keep on trying and see how it works out on my next wrap project. Probably either going to wrap my 2500HD diesel truck or maybe just start with my RZR 1000 side by side first..LOL
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
Old 06-07-2020, 10:36 AM   #60
Hops

Finally done! A DIY of 8 weekends each 6+hrs. Wrap is Avery gloss intense blue:
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2020, 07:54 AM   #61
NEGXXIS

Quote:
Finally done! A DIY of 8 weekends each 6+hrs. Wrap is Avery gloss intense blue:
Looks amazing !!! Great Job !!
Old 06-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #62
Hops

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEGXXIS View Post
Looks amazing !!! Great Job !!

Thanks! It was a character building experience.... LOL It really is harder than it looks!
Old 06-09-2020, 07:47 AM   #63
NEGXXIS

Quote:
Thanks! It was a character building experience.... LOL It really is harder than it looks!

You are absolutely correct !!