Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 05-07-2019, 02:26 PM   #1
COmaro

Drives: Many
Are all Chevy dealers terrible?

I emailed two dealers about offers they had on their websites.

Both insist they run my credit, even though the VERY FIRST sentence in my emails say I would be paying cash.

Both REFUSE to tell what rebates I need to qualify for to get their advertised prices.

I wonder why Camaro sales (and GM sales in general) are so far in the tank?
COmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:02 PM   #2
CrazyCatGuy
I'm the cats pajamas baby

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I had to go through 10 dealerships before landing on Dublin Chevy. Fremont was very good too, but ultimately pricing is what made me go with Dublin.

I found that about 5 of them refused to give me pricing over the internet chats even though I gave them everything they needed to price me out a vehicle.

A couple others demanded I drive to their lot to get a better price than MSRP.

The last couple flat out refused to respond to me.

I was able to do my deal over text by phone, went to the dealership, signed my papers and left. Extremely good experience as having a newborn made it very hard to get time to go down to dealerships just to haggle pricing.

So, to answer your question, in my experience, most of them are garbage. I never had these issues when dealing with VW and BMW
Old 05-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #3
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I used 1 dealership for my Camaro a simple email, with a phone call, then a plane ticket to fly up and drive mine home.

Becky D @ James Martin Chevrolet no BS easiest car purchase I have ever had.

I flew up to Detroit and drove home to Orlando the same day.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:49 PM   #4
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
I used 1 dealership for my Camaro a simple email, with a phone call, then a plane ticket to fly up and drive mine home.

Becky D @ James Martin Chevrolet no BS easiest car purchase I have ever had.

I flew up to Detroit and drove home to Orlando the same day.
That's great but it shouldn't be necessary to buy a plane ticket to get a good Chevy dealer.

Most dealerships show the incentives/rebates on their site so you know what you qualify for. My dealer was great. I know what I qualified for plus dealer discount. Knew the price before heading over. Easy.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #5
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
That's great but it shouldn't be necessary to buy a plane ticket to get a good Chevy dealer.

Most dealerships show the incentives/rebates on their site so you know what you qualify for. My dealer was great. I know what I qualified for plus dealer discount. Knew the price before heading over. Easy.

I never bothered to look in my area Becky was always going to get my Camaro order. So I did not mind flying up and driving home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2019, 03:54 PM   #6
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Haha, welcome to General Motors. I've been a GM customer for two decades. They enjoy pissing you off from the get go. Kind of setting the tone. It gets worse after you buy.

They do make some nice cars though
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:13 PM   #7
John_S

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
walk in there with cash , around closing time , the end of the month , and get whatever you want if you play your cards right. easy $10k off msrp
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:07 PM   #8
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Drives: 2022 ZLE, 2023 ZLE (Inbound)
Becky. End of story, and no need to fly. I paid $250 to a local dealer for a courtesy delivery and they did a phenomenal job, car was shipped directly to them and did paperwork via mail with Becky.

I agree it shouldn't be this way, but every car maker has precious few dealers in the country truly worth dealing with.
rlarsen462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:46 PM   #9
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
7 dealers nationwide each had one had red hot a10 vert available in early July 2017. Production had ceased and verts were on restriction for many many months so ordering was not possible. Most certainly not a buyer’s market.

The first dealer I called wanted ADM. The second didn’t want to do an out of state deal. 3rd dealer I called met my price and terms after 2 rounds of negotiating. Also happened to be the closest to me, but that wasn’t the primary selection criteria. We settled the deal over the phone and I drove home with The Mistress the next day.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:14 PM   #10
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Yes, that’s been my past experience with GM dealers as well. Before I was driving (long time ago) family went to buy a new Chevy cash , my dad Just looked like a dirty old working stiff they were so rude and condescending. They did not believe we were going to pay cash. It was very embarrassing. we walked out of that dealership and went down the street and bought a brand new Honda cash. It was a great car.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:19 AM   #11
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Not just Chevy, some Ford and Chrysler dealers also. I hate it when the price is clearly indicated on the website, but when you get there, there are always stipulations and discounts you don't qualify for.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:44 AM   #12
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by COmaro View Post
I emailed two dealers about offers they had on their websites.

Both insist they run my credit, even though the VERY FIRST sentence in my emails say I would be paying cash.

Both REFUSE to tell what rebates I need to qualify for to get their advertised prices.

I wonder why Camaro sales (and GM sales in general) are so far in the tank?
That’s the Chevy sales experience in a nutshell. Sooner or later you’ll find someone good to deal with...maybe...
Old 05-09-2019, 11:16 AM   #13
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
You should be able to look up the regional discounts you qualify for on Chevrolet's website based on your zip code. The biggest variable is the dealer's doc fee, which is at least $500 and rising in my area.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:01 PM   #14
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Chevy almost lost my deal over $18/month in payments. Held my trade in keys. Told them no deal unless they gave me my keys. Ruined my pleasant experience so far. I took the car anyway knowing I'd refi at my credit union. My credit union payments are 29.00 less than the paperwork.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote