Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #29
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
I almost got some yesterday. I'm having a hard time buying them though because I'm afraid they will just not hold my power at all where at least the Conti and PSS do. I think it's because of the price that makes me nervous lol
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #30
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
I almost got some yesterday. I'm having a hard time buying them though because I'm afraid they will just not hold my power at all where at least the Conti and PSS do. I think it's because of the price that makes me nervous lol
Where were you going to get them from? Tire rack shows the fronts are not available till 5/30 and the local Firestone dealers can’t get them either.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #31
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Carver View Post
Thanks...

I think simple tire has them - and cheaper...that's where I got them.

https://simpletire.com/
I called them and they have them in stock but I’m worried about getting older tires from them. They have a policy of no older than 4 years but that’s kind of scary to me. How were yours when you got them? Do you know how old they were?
Old 03-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #32
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I called them and they have them in stock but I’m worried about getting older tires from them. They have a policy of no older than 4 years but that’s kind of scary to me. How were yours when you got them? Do you know how old they were?
Tires came out barely 2 years ago.... won't be any older

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #33
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Placed my order today! In stock and should have them in 4 days.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:55 PM   #34
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Finally got them installed today. Had to get the front ones from Simple Tire and the dot date was 0218! Brand new! Funny part is the Firestone shop wouldn’t mount them because they were afraid of scratching my wheels. I can’t believe they don’t have the touch less mounting machine. I had my local mechanic mount and balance. So far I love them on the street! Waaay quieter than the oe F1’s and hold the road on circular on ramps! I just hope I get good treadwear from them! Time will tell!
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2018, 02:16 PM   #35
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Great. I think you're gonna love them

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:29 PM   #36
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
IMO, they are some sweet looking tires. Can't go wrong for the price.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:23 PM   #37
Illmaticz

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1-1LE
I’ve had these tires for a while now they are decent, improves ride quality, traction is ok but not great. Not really a fan of these tires but price wise you can't get anything better than this.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:19 PM   #38
Canyon Carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmaticz View Post
I’ve had these tires for a while now they are decent, improves ride quality, traction is ok but not great. Not really a fan of these tires but price wise you can't get anything better than this.
Exactly the way I feel about them...not a huge fan, but what can you get for the money that's better? If you find something, let me know. I'll do the same.

1SS - M6 - Silver Ice Metallic - Dual Mode Exhaust. Light, Simple, Fast. "If everything's under control, you're going too slow" - Mario Andretti
Canyon Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:23 AM   #39
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Exactly the way I feel about them...not a huge fan, but what can you get for the money that's better? If you find something, let me know. I'll do the same.
General G-Max RS. Tested better on Tirerack than the Firehawks, although they are a pretty new tire, that's why they weren't available early last year.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:09 AM   #40
eaglesfan2006

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE Riverside Blue
Quote:
UPDATE:

They've gotten a little better (phew). Adjusting the pressures helped (to be expected) and they change direction a little better now with some miles on them. They still bounce a bit on the highway, which took getting used to - but overall, I don't regret putting them on my car since they were just so damn cheap.

I do still stand by my initial review, but let's just say that everything I was unhappy about has just reduced in severity a bit. I was able to hit 1.01 with them recently so they're sticky, no doubt about it, but they still need more steering input and they just wander more. Maybe it's just me still getting used to them, but I'm usually pretty quick at adapting to changes on my car.

Anyway - no need to write another book here, bottom line? If you don't need a Y rated tire (they're W rated) or you just use them as a DD tire, why not. If they were more expensive, I'd say steer clear, but they're so cheap that it's hard to go wrong.

Final Grade? I'd give them a C+ / B-. Could be a lot worse...

OP, any new updates since December 17? Have they continued to improve? Thinking about buying these to replace the stock tires. Similar to you, I DD my car with the occasional autocross. Thanks!
eaglesfan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:22 PM   #41
Ghostog27

Drives: 2017 1LT Camaro
Well at least i'm not the only one appreciating the Goodyears! I just put the General AS-05's on and feel the same handling body/tire roll you're speaking of. There's definitely a reason GM put the runflats on and it shows with these other tires.

I didn't like the stiff sidewalls at first on the AS'3's but sure do appreciate them now, the car just felt so much more solid, planted and flat through turns and handling in general. And yes now sport mode feels like Touring mode...

It'll be interesting to see how these do on the track....

@kropscamaro16 so do the PS4's react similarly to the stiff Goodyears?
Ghostog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:44 PM   #42
Canyon Carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan2006 View Post
OP, any new updates since December 17? Have they continued to improve? Thinking about buying these to replace the stock tires. Similar to you, I DD my car with the occasional autocross. Thanks!
Funny you should ask, I just bought my second set of Firehawk's last week...

They did continue to improve and get better as they broke in. More miles produced a bit more stiffness, and less float. If I had more time for the track, I'd get a second set and shave them.

My first set hit the wear bars at 18K. Pretty impressive tread life considering how hard I drive (I got about 12-13k out of the OEM Goodyears). I don't do burnouts or donuts, but I tend to push pretty hard and regular Canyon Runs always produce between .89-1.01G. So I was happy with the life of the tire.

Also, I consistently run a little less pressure. Firestone recommends 35 in the rear, 32 upfront. I've been running 31-32 in the front, and 34 in the rear.

They're still not Michelin's. PSS' are the best tires I've driven, but Michelin's are about $1400 for the set, tires only. I just got a set of Firehawk's here in LA from "Tires Buy Mark" for $790 mounted and balanced, out the door...and I have another $60 rebate coming from Firestone. After all is said and done - I definitely recommend these tires for the money. They are - after all, just a re-branded Bridgestone RE003...

They've gone up to a B+ (even A-) for me simply because of their improved performance, versatility and durability.

Enjoy.

Ps. They will take getting used to from the stock tire...

1SS - M6 - Silver Ice Metallic - Dual Mode Exhaust. Light, Simple, Fast. "If everything's under control, you're going too slow" - Mario Andretti
Canyon Carver is offline   Reply With Quote