#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #43
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I ran 11.6 without Roto-Fab and 11.3 with which would put me right at the top of the bone stock fast list for LT4. Others on that list have way more mods that just a CAI.

Roto-Fab is going back on my new car this week.
Thats awesome! Glad to see our ZL1 intake on a 2019.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #44
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Thats awesome! Glad to see our ZL1 intake on a 2019.
Phastek did a live video on FB today.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:31 AM   #45
big dave

Drives: 2017 ZL1
There seems to quite a few mixed results with the Rotofab intake. I, for one, can say it didn't work on my car. Though my testing wasn't back to back, it was within a week. Last week I ran the car with the Rotofab and I couldn't match my stock times in similar conditions. I was afraid that something may have been wrong with the car. My best time last week in 77' da was 11.30 with a 1.70 60'. The car was dead hooking all day but just couldn't run any quicker.
I put the stock intake back on this week and took it back to the track yesterday. The da when I ran my first pass was 375'. The car laid down 2 11.18 passes with 1.70 & 1.71 60' times. The car definitely feels stronger down low with the stock airbox and seemed to pull better going through the gears.

This reply isn't to knock the Rotofab, it worked well on my 5th gen. The quality and fit is great, I just think that though it's advertised as a no tune intake, I think my car needs to be tuned for the Rotofab to work the way it's supposed to.

We all know just how finicky these cars are from the factory, maybe others will see gains where mine didn't.
'13 ZL1 BRM A6. 11.591 @ 119.2 factory stock with a 1.68 60'! Best stock mph 121.8. 11.29 @ 123 RotoFab, drag radials and skinnies. 4360# raceweight.
http://youtu.be/yggIA3C_kkA 2014... back to stock
http://youtu.be/spQLaTWbThs 2013... stock & RotoFab

Last edited by big dave; 10-20-2018 at 10:25 AM.
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #46
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
There seems to quite a few mixed results with the Rotofab intake. I, for one, can say it didn't work on my car. Though my testing wasn't back to back, it was within a week. Last week I ran the car with the Rotofab and I couldn't match my stock times in similar conditions. I was afraid that something may have been wrong with the car. My best time last week in 77' da was 11.30 with a 1.70 60'. The car was dead hooking all day but just couldn't run any quicker.
I put the stock intake back on this week and took it back to the track yesterday. The da when I ran my first pass yesterday was 375'. The car laid down 2 11.18 passes with 1.70 & 1.71 60' times. The car definitely feels stronger down low with the stock airbox and seemed to pull better going through the gears.

This reply isn't to knock the Rotofab, it worked well on my 5th gen. The quality and fit is great, I just think that though it's advertised as a no tune intake, I think my car needs to be tuned for the Rotofab to work the way it's supposed to.

We all know just how finicky these cars are from the factory, maybe others will see gains where mine didn't.
That’s a killer 60’ for stock tires. I had a hard time doing much better on ET Street R’s.

And I think I have to agree with you for the most part on the Roto-Fab. If I hadn’t planned to mess with my tuning anyway, I probably would have removed the Roto-Fab after my initial logs and testing. I don’t think it’s worth much without tuning based on what I saw. Maybe my car is a freak? I’m not sure, but I’ve seen very similar results from other reputable guys without any skin in the game.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #47
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
I put the stock intake back on this week and took it back to the track yesterday. The da when I ran my first pass yesterday was 375'. The car laid down 2 11.18 passes with 1.70 & 1.71 60' times. The car definitely feels stronger down low with the stock airbox and seemed to pull better going through the gears.

My before/after dyno runs will be about 2 weeks apart. I've never put a lot of stock in any gains from a catback or CAI but hope to see some improvement next week. If nothing else it will sound better and somewhere down the line tuning, bigger blower etc will come to play and Roto-Fab will definitely be good there.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:19 AM   #48
big dave

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
My before/after dyno runs will be about 2 weeks apart. I've never put a lot of stock in any gains from a catback or CAI but hope to see some improvement next week. If nothing else it will sound better and somewhere down the line tuning, bigger blower etc will come to play and Roto-Fab will definitely be good there.
I believe that all these mods would probably work well together, but only after a tune will you see the best gains from them. I tried the ported throttle body also but my car didn't seem to like that either. Drivability was much improved , but my car didn't like it at the track. Again, that probably needs a tune also.

It seems that GM did a great job dialing these in from the factory, there doesn't appear to be much room for improvement with the factory tune.
'13 ZL1 BRM A6. 11.591 @ 119.2 factory stock with a 1.68 60'! Best stock mph 121.8. 11.29 @ 123 RotoFab, drag radials and skinnies. 4360# raceweight.
http://youtu.be/yggIA3C_kkA 2014... back to stock
http://youtu.be/spQLaTWbThs 2013... stock & RotoFab
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:39 AM   #49
Roto-fab 1

Check out a Roto-fab authorized retailer for your Cyber Monday Shopping!
Old 12-27-2018, 03:40 AM   #50
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
From the rich AFR and throttle closures I was seeing when I was totally stock with only the Roto-Fab, I’d be a little surprised if I got any gains from it alone. I threw it on the dyno in that configuration, and it made a hair over 540 rwhp. Never did a baseline totally stock, so I don’t have any real data.
So are you saying that despite the Rotofab Intake, it was still running rich? But because there was no baseline run done, we don’t know if or how much less rich it was after the Rotofab install?

Interesting You also said there was throttle closure, Ted got throttle closure and so did Competition Street Performace when both were baseline dyno’d in very cold weather. Can you comment on the temp you dyno’d in and if the throttle closure was similar to theirs based off the videos they provided?

At the 7:00 minute mark he shows the baseline run done in cold weather
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zPHDL7YNs5Q

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 12-27-2018 at 03:54 AM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:20 AM   #51
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
The Big Gulp Series CAI will be a good option as well if you are looking to make 8-900+ HP!
Old 05-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #52
juice3

Drives: 19 ZLE A10,17 SS 1LE, 16 C7R,CT5V
Confirm fitment on the 19 zl1 1le?
juice3 is offline   Reply With Quote