#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-23-2019, 08:49 AM   #1
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
ZLE Road Trip

I just completed a 10 day, 2230 mile road trip in the ZE. Never a hiccup. Combined highway/city mileage was 20.2. Highest highway MPG was 24.2. Even modified, the LT4 never skipped a beat, never knocked, ran at a constant 183-185 temp. Thank you GM and Vengeance Racing! Those PS4s are the key to long driving in this car. Never worried about rain, slightly better ride, less worries about a nail or screw causing an issue. The car was a blast on the mountain roads in Virginia through middle Pennsylvania, the seats were decent for long highway stretches and the SC whine never got old. Got stopped, photographed, questioned, videoed more times than I can count. Most people had never heard of a ZL1 1 LE, and the few that did had never seen one in person. This car is amazing. So incredibly fast and capable on the track, but rock solid reliable over a 2000 mile road trip. Too cool!
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #2
BAD MOOOFOOO

Drives: between cars
Do you have two sets of wheels? If so, what did you go with for the second set?
BAD MOOOFOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:31 AM   #3
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
That’s awesome. I’m still waiting for one rim to arrive. When I picked up my car at the dealer I ordered new 2015 Z28 rims with new PS4S tires. Can’t wait for that last rim to arrive.
I can’t wait to start road tripping my ZLE. I’m just waiting for these tires as I don’t wanna ruin the GYs and would rather use them on the track.

I love how people don’t know what the ZLE is. The few people that have seen my car had no clue. Once they watch reviews it becomes pretty obvious that YES, this is a very serious car.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #4
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD MOOOFOOO View Post
One set of wheels. Keeping the stock tires for the track where they belong.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
Old 05-23-2019, 02:05 PM   #5
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Any pics from the trip.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #6
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Any pics from the trip.
Lots with my family back in Western New York. None of my car. Quite a few people along the way took pictures but I never asked for any. I messed up there. Next time!

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
Old 05-23-2019, 07:52 PM   #7
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Thats awesome! Those are great tires. Im looking to make the change as well. I had a set on another car. What did they cost you?
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:59 AM   #8
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Thats awesome! Those are great tires. Im looking to make the change as well. I had a set on another car. What did they cost you?
Got them through Tire Rack, don't remember the specifics, whatever the Tire Rack price was on their web site.

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
Old 05-24-2019, 12:35 PM   #9
mspeed1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE SUMMIT WHITE
Great to hear! I'm planning a 4-5 week trip this summer with Camarofest IX in the middle.

Can't wait!
2018 ZLE * StudioRSR Half Cage * SkidmarkGarage Rear Seat Delete * ZL1ADDONS Lift Pads * Roto-Fab CAI * Forgestar CF5-V's * Michelin PS4S * Racequip 6 Pt. Harnesses * Sub-strap Brackets by Carmena Performance * Speedhut Shift Light * Leroy Eng. Hidden Hitch (for the TYR RAT)* Gen5DIY Rapid Flash 3rd Brake Light * KOOKS 2" LT * Green Cats * AWE Cat-back Track Edition *

mspeed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #10
Silver Spear

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
I just completed a 10 day, 2230 mile road trip in the ZE. Never a hiccup. Combined highway/city mileage was 20.2. Highest highway MPG was 24.2. Even modified, the LT4 never skipped a beat, never knocked, ran at a constant 183-185 temp. Thank you GM and Vengeance Racing! Those PS4s are the key to long driving in this car. Never worried about rain, slightly better ride, less worries about a nail or screw causing an issue. The car was a blast on the mountain roads in Virginia through middle Pennsylvania, the seats were decent for long highway stretches and the SC whine never got old. Got stopped, photographed, questioned, videoed more times than I can count. Most people had never heard of a ZL1 1 LE, and the few that did had never seen one in person. This car is amazing. So incredibly fast and capable on the track, but rock solid reliable over a 2000 mile road trip. Too cool!
Did you get stopped by Barney Fife.

https://giphy.com/gifs/lP3tMfMzr2XOU/html5
Silver Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD MOOOFOOO View Post
I just purchased another set of OE wheels with PS4's. Like someone else said the next best thing are the Z/28 wheels which are .5" narrower on the rear.

You just can't beat the 3Rs on the track though. I drove mine back from Detroit to Houston with a ton of rain up North with no issues but I took it real easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeed1LE View Post
Great to hear! I'm planning a 4-5 week trip this summer with Camarofest IX in the middle.

Can't wait!
Old 05-24-2019, 06:02 PM   #12
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Spear View Post
Did you get stopped by Barney Fife.

https://giphy.com/gifs/lP3tMfMzr2XOU/html5
No. Got a couple of looks and one big grin from law enforcement. No business discussions however.

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
Old 05-24-2019, 08:57 PM   #13
Northtrack

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post

+1 on the whole experience. I just finished a 3000km/1900 mile road trip from Southern Ontario to Raleigh and back. Maybe even drove some of the same roads through Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Western New York. Also on PS4's but I did the drive in 3 days and virtually all in the rain including hours of heavy rain. The car is a primarily a track car for me, but it's a surprisingly good tourer if the road surface is halfway decent - helped hugely by the PS4's. Pretty much the same MPG and overall experience. Awesomely capable car.
Northtrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:35 AM   #14
590_The_Judge

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE NGM
What was your speed to get the mileage above 20? Keeping my car under 80 ive gotten a best of 19.6...
590_The_Judge is offline   Reply With Quote