Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-04-2019, 10:41 AM   #1
dbspins

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Beyond Frustrated

Just venting....had a build week of 4/8/2019 ( Canadian order ), car was built. Dealer has the invoice as of 4/12/2019. No car in sight!, seems to be just sitting at the plant, in no hurry to be shipped. May need to fire off some emails on Monday. ( GM employee ) 1SS 1LE Satin Steel. Thanks for reading!
dbspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
Canadian Steve

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS Convertible
Wow. That's unfortunate, but I hope it's an isolated case. I'm also in Canada (on the other side of Toronto from you) and my Camaro was just built this past week. However, it was put on a hold (presumably for QC) on Thursday. Going to follow up next week to see if that hold has been lifted.

Did you get any other statuses after it was built (like 4D00 Hold)? Have you contacted your dealership since it was built? I'm curious whether you've reached out already through your dealer or if you've just been patiently waiting. Sometimes making noise helps. ;-)

Hopefully it's all resolved soon.
Canadian Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:43 PM   #3
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbspins View Post
Just venting....had a build week of 4/8/2019 ( Canadian order ), car was built. Dealer has the invoice as of 4/12/2019. No car in sight!, seems to be just sitting at the plant, in no hurry to be shipped. May need to fire off some emails on Monday. ( GM employee ) 1SS 1LE Satin Steel. Thanks for reading!
Wtf? Mine was 4/15/2019 and my car arrived on April 22. I left the dealer April 24 or 25. I’d start getting on the dealer to make some calls man. It should be here already. Call GM customer care and start asking questions.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:44 AM   #4
sv340

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Mine is also sitting at the plant Satin Steel ZLE. Been there for quite some time.
sv340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #5
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
My ZL1 was built on or before 4/2. The car has been in my state for more than two weeks. First at the rail yard, then moved to another site closer to the dealer (25 miles away from dealer and 5 miles away from my work)

I complained about the delayed delivery and the dealer made a few calls last Wed. I was told on Thursday that the car would be at dealer on Friday. So, I took the day off....Well, Thursday night I see the car move 50 miles further away and Friday morning it arrives back at the rail yard, yet even further away, 100 miles+. Needless to say, the car didn’t make it to the dealers lot.

I know the dealer is doing the best possible job of moving the car into my hands. The issue is that there’s typically no priority given to an already sold vehicle. It moves when there’s a full load on an available transport truck. That doesn’t make it any easier to rationalize when you’ve already made a huge down payment , Chevy keeps sending emails asking about my experience etc. and I can see the car on ONSTAR.

I guess tomorrow is another day to hope I actually see that darn thing...

Last edited by Chutzpah; 05-06-2019 at 04:53 AM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:35 PM   #6
dbspins

Called GM 2X, "waiting to be shipped" was the answer. I get more info from this forum then I do from GM, ie accessing the shipping company website for the status, Jack Cooper has the freight bill # and the status is "pending"
Old 05-07-2019, 04:00 AM   #7
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Mine showed built and in shipping on Wednesday April 17.
On Good Friday my car on that shipping app showed pending.
It showed the Monday morning at approximately 10:30 am.
So I would think for you it should be any day now.

Last edited by Scottyz; 05-07-2019 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Incorrect info submitted
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:17 AM   #8
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Cars can sit at the factory for a multitude of reasons. Most of the time a car is pulled for quality control. One of the line workers, or end of the line inspectors found a problem, and its being addressed before it leaves. Or could be one of the cars they pull to do a complete run through. They will leave you a card in the glove box if your car was used to do their random QC checks. They usually put 20-30 miles on those cars as well. Or maybe there isnt enough cars produced that are going to the same location. They wont send yours out unless they have a full truck or rail car depending on where its going. And remember, production has slowed down. So it might just be waiting to hitch a ride. I hope it goes quick for you.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:18 AM   #9
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Cars can sit at the factory for a multitude of reasons. Most of the time a car is pulled for quality control. One of the line workers, or end of the line inspectors found a problem, and its being addressed before it leaves. Or could be one of the cars they pull to do a complete run through. They will leave you a card in the glove box if your car was used to do their random QC checks. They usually put 20-30 miles on those cars as well. Or maybe there isnt enough cars produced that are going to the same location. They wont send yours out unless they have a full truck or rail car depending on where its going. And remember, production has slowed down. So it might just be waiting to hitch a ride. I hope it goes quick for you.
Correct. Furthermore with some shipping strikes from rail and others lately, there's been a backup for quite some time. We've had cars sitting in shipyards for months ourselves. GM won't let us come pick them up anymore either. Nothing anybody can do.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:19 PM   #10
dbspins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
The funny thing is...I can access Global Warranty Management at work and all the info shows up on the car..has no shipping info but shows the car delivered to the dealership 4/30/19...and my warranty started then! And to top it off GM was kind enough to send me a nice email with info on how to "enjoy" my new Camaro...LOL
Attached Images

Last edited by dbspins; 05-07-2019 at 02:37 PM.