Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-22-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Procharger install complete - here's the numbers

2016 2SS A8 Pray Ported TB/IM, P-1X Helical cut, Stage II Intercooler, std bypass valve, Pulley 3.9. I'm at 4500' Altitude. Tuner said he saw 9lbs of boost. Car drives good. No"surging" that some had mentioned in another thread. Haven't really got to open it up yet ..maybe just about a 4sec burst..with 1 shift. Hella traffic on the way home. Does the TQ seem a little low?
585RWHP
483RWTQ
Attached Images

Last edited by grampa_ss; 06-22-2018 at 01:42 PM.
grampa_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
He may have your timing flat down low. You have to reverse your timing curve, run a N/A timing curve to begin with and then decrease it as the boost goes up.
PRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:02 AM   #3
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
I am surprised that a respected shop like JDP would give you a dyno sheet with 'time' instead of 'rpm' as the lower axis. If it was my car I would ask for a sheet based on rpm, like it should be.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Torque does seem a little low but like the above said I’m surprised they didn’t show RPM. The HP seems about right though if I’m the stock fuel system. Do you plan on upgrading the fuel system? My last car was close to this completely stock with only the P1SC-1 with race IC system, with a little less boost, that’s why I ask. My last car was an M6 though.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #5
grampa_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
Torque does seem a little low but like the above said I’m surprised they didn’t show RPM. The HP seems about right though if I’m the stock fuel system. Do you plan on upgrading the fuel system? My last car was close to this completely stock with only the P1SC-1 with race IC system, with a little less boost, that’s why I ask. My last car was an M6 though.
No, I don't plan on upgrading the fuel system. At least not not in the near future. Maybe a Meth kit for cooling. The shop recommends the Alky Control Meth kit, but then I'd lose my wiper washer fluid. So I'd like a kit that has it's own container.

I told the shop when they ordered the kit that I wanted at least 550RWHP. So they in turn inform Procharger of what I want and give them our altitude, and Procharger specs out the kit. So I guess they figured I'd need the 3.9 pulley to get what I wanted.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:38 AM   #6
grampa_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
I am surprised that a respected shop like JDP would give you a dyno sheet with 'time' instead of 'rpm' as the lower axis. If it was my car I would ask for a sheet based on rpm, like it should be.
Can this be done after the fact?
Old 06-23-2018, 12:16 PM   #7
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Can this be done after the fact?
Yes, all they need to do is open up your runfile in Dynojet's software and choose the lower axis as 'rpm' instead of 'time'.

As far as the 'not out of fuel' question, the answer as to why is quite simple. This run was at a higher altitude and the car was actually producing 491hp (585 divided by the 1.19 correction factor gives the actual power). That is why the fuel system was not yet taxed, it wasn't actually using 585hp worth of fuel. If he drove this car to low altitude though, then I think that the stock fuel system would probably be inadequate with that pulley and sea level atmospherics.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:04 PM   #8
grampa_ss

Thank you very much for that info.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:28 AM   #9
Kstallard34

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Not to shabby! You running 93 octane?
Kstallard34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #10
grampa_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstallard34 View Post
Not to shabby! You running 93 octane?
thanks. Here in Utah I can't find 93...just 91. But I think 91 at altitude is equivalent to 93 at sea level. Not really sure...I read it somewhere.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #11
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
If the tach pick up lost signal, people often just use "time" to fix that.
Not saying thats the case here, but thats common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
thanks. Here in Utah I can't find 93...just 91. But I think 91 at altitude is equivalent to 93 at sea level. Not really sure...I read it somewhere.
Thats awesome numbers for 91!!!
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:30 AM   #12
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
It’s funny because you are one of the ONLY people on here that had problems with this kit. If you had problems because of your elevation / heat and you think it’s directly related to the design of this kit, I would love to see how bad it would be with a PD blower, considering those are the ones people are saying has heat soak issues and higher IAT’s. I just recently posted a picture of a log in another thread. It was 96 degrees, high humidity, and at WOT 6500+ RPM it was like 4 degrees over ambient temp. Maybe it was your tune?

Also you seem very upset about whatever happened, since you took the time to copy and paste your negative comment in all of the procharger threads AND make your signature say the same thing. However as one of the many people who love this kit in their car, I’ll be sure to also copy and paste so anyone reading it knows that you are one of the only people on here and the Vette forums that are bashing a good quality company (probably due to an installation or tuning mishap). Maybe stick to your “quality” German engineered garbage and leave the American muscle to us.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #13
Chevy1American

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
It’s funny because you are one of the ONLY people on here that had problems with this kit. If you had problems because of your elevation / heat and you think it’s directly related to the design of this kit, I would love to see how bad it would be with a PD blower, considering those are the ones people are saying has heat soak issues and higher IAT’s. I just recently posted a picture of a log in another thread. It was 96 degrees, high humidity, and at WOT 6500+ RPM it was like 4 degrees over ambient temp. Maybe it was your tune?

Also you seem very upset about whatever happened, since you took the time to copy and paste your negative comment in all of the procharger threads AND make your signature say the same thing. However as one of the many people who love this kit in their car, I’ll be sure to also copy and paste so anyone reading it knows that you are one of the only people on here and the Vette forums that are bashing a good quality company (probably due to an installation or tuning mishap). Maybe stick to your “quality” German engineered garbage and leave the American muscle to us.
Well said and totally true have had Procharger’s on several cars over the years fantastic systems first class customer support and quality product LOL at the German engineering comment
Chevy1American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:14 AM   #14
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
I am on a D1SC with the upgraded Race IC and even with the 100° Oklahoma heat and even the 105° Dallas heat my car only saw 10° over the ambient temps when I was driving it back forth.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote