Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-07-2018, 05:01 PM   #1751
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
We dont need reminded. Lol
That was a shame too.

Look at which one of those is worth more right now.

lol
I know the Camaro refresh isn't that bad, just trying to lighten the mood.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #1752
Boost Creep

Quote:
We dont need reminded. Lol
That was a shame too.

Look at which one of those is worth more right now.
Know what's funny.
I love the '68-'69 GTO and hated what the '70-up looked like.
Thought the '69 Firebird looked like crap too.

People love those cars.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #1753
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Know what's funny.
I love the '68-'69 GTO and hated what the '70-up looked like.
Thought the '69 Firebird looked like crap too.

People love those cars.
I feel the same way.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:11 PM   #1754
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
No, they didn't.... Folks are overreacting, and no one but a few have seen it in person.

Doesn't make any sense to make such general doomstay-eque statements...

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #1755
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Sorry, but that's my opinion. No overreaction here. I flat out dont like it. Im not going to pretend to just because it wears a Camaro badge. I dont need to see it in person. It was along time before I seen the the first Gen6 in the flesh and loved it from day one. The Gen5 was the same way. Hell, I believe the first one I saw in the flesh was a V6 in the showroom the day I ordered my SS. At least the ZL1 still looks awesome.
If you are not over reacting then what are you doing ?I have seen you at least 10 times say you don't like it , ride on that bandwagon all you want but its getting old . You don't have to see it in person and thats good but you also don't have to keep repeating yourself either . I do like it and i think its a good step forward in design , i get it . If you are that set against i get that also , no one says you have to like it . But what are you looking for by keep repeating yourself?
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #1756
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
If you are not over reacting then what are you doing ?I have seen you at least 10 times say you don't like it , ride on that bandwagon all you want but its getting old . You don't have to see it in person and thats good but you also don't have to keep repeating yourself either . I do like it and i think its a good step forward in design , i get it . If you are that set against i get that also , no one says you have to like it . But what are you looking for by keep repeating yourself?

Sorry, you're upset that someone doesnt agree with you. I forgot that everything is supposed to be ponies and posies around here. Im not the only one to voice their dislike for the redesign. I hope it sells well regardless as Ive said before. I dont want to see this car go again. Im glad you like. Go buy one.

Im not looking for anything in voicing my delike about the car anymore than the person that voices their love for it. Good for them. That's their right.
I’ll try to start counting how many times I post about the same topic from now on as to not upset you.

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

Last edited by motorhead; 05-07-2018 at 07:25 PM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #1757
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
It's funny how these internet arguments play out. Lol No matter what, like all things, there will be people who hate it and people who love it and everywhere in between.

I think it is atrocious and a terrible design path, but that's me. If you like it, great! I would not buy it and I'm sure there are others out there that also won't. Id be heading right to the Dodge dealership but luckily I picked up a 2018. But, there are probably people who will buy it.

Its futile to argue about a personal preference.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:59 PM   #1758
Boost Creep

lol
I've chimed in here quite a bit and have no skin in this at all.
My first Camaro, and at my age could be my last.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:02 AM   #1759
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
This is so sad for a Camaro fan who is too late to the party. I never thought that they will make this car so ugly and now I will have to buy 2017/2018 leftovers. I live in Canada so they are pretty expensive leftovers with little to no options or packages.

Thank you Chevy, you just killed my dream with this Dodge wannabe.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #1760
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
This is so sad for a Camaro fan who is too late to the party. I never thought that they will make this car so ugly and now I will have to buy 2017/2018 leftovers. I live in Canada so they are pretty expensive leftovers with little to no options or packages.

Ya know....you can still order a 2018 in whatever config you like so no need to cry about 2018 leftovers just yet.

Most dealers have tons of inventory on their lots and every single one is discounted to some degree. GM is also now offering 10 and 15% discounts on oldest lot inventories - as they do 3 or 4 times every year. Plus the dealer should also offer some extra savings from their side.

There are also 2017s on some lots, all nicely discounted including some 1LEs. You just have to invest some energy and time to search and call. Try cargurus website as they seem to offer excellent info on all lot inventories. That's how i found mine.

If budget is an issue then dont expect 2019 (whether you like the styling or not) to be cheaper. New MY is always more $ so this seems a moot point in your situation as youre just "building your budget". Not sure what you mean by "expensive" but $48 CAD for a 2017 SS 1LE less whatever you negotiate is one sweet deal just as an example.

Bottom line, if you have the budget then you should have zero issues finding a 2017 or 2018 that you like as there are tons of them. Or, you can order a 2018 with whatever specs you like and make it a very simple process.

One last tip: if you want to pay the lowest price for a sport car then shop in late December not spring time.

Good luck!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:41 AM   #1761
Shiftgreen

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

It's a shame the Chevy Camaro team does not get camaro6 notifications. Maybe if they read what people thought they would realize it was poor decisioning and make a statement. Unfortunately the molds are already made and millions spent so its a done deal, ugh.
I hope they will learn from this and make the gen7 even better then what they had in mind.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:53 PM   #1762
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftgreen View Post
It's a shame the Chevy Camaro team does not get camaro6 notifications. Maybe if they read what people thought they would realize it was poor decisioning and make a statement. Unfortunately the molds are already made and millions spent so its a done deal, ugh.
I hope they will learn from this and make the gen7 even better then what they had in mind.
They could hear 5000 people say they don't like it all but only listen to the 6 people who do like it.

It's obvious to me in more than just the Camaro that they would rather tell people what they want over doing what the people want.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #1763
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
If manufacturers listened to what people want we would all still drive Model Ts. Everyone would still take pix with their Kodak cameras and we would be mailing letters vs sending emails. Etc etc etc.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:53 PM   #1764
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
True I do need to see it in person, but so far my opinion remains the same. I am not impressed by what I have seen so far from the refresh. I think they butchered it
That's fair - all of us are entitled to our opinions, for sure! I didn't really like it at first...and the more and more I started, and looked at different angles...It's grown on me. Same thing happened to me in 2013 with the Gen 5 refresh...wasn't happy at first.

Quote:
Sorry, but that's my opinion. No overreaction here. I flat out dont like it. Im not going to pretend to just because it wears a Camaro badge. I dont need to see it in person. It was along time before I seen the the first Gen6 in the flesh and loved it from day one. The Gen5 was the same way. Hell, I believe the first one I saw in the flesh was a V6 in the showroom the day I ordered my SS. At least the ZL1 still looks awesome.
You don't have to apologize. You don't even need to change your opinion. That's not what I'm asking. I respect that.

However, your opinion is not universal...and such blanket statements like "It won't sell", or "everyone hates it" (I'm paraphrasing) are out of your scope. Mine, too...we don't know. What I do know is that the negativity is tiring...and I'm getting kind of tired of reading it (in general).

To be frank, statements like "I don't need to see it in person" indicated (to my anyways), that you just don't want to like it, or even give the design a chance in person. That's too bad...because the Camaro badge is at least worth that consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
If manufacturers listened to what people want we would all still drive Model Ts. Everyone would still take pix with their Kodak cameras and we would be mailing letters vs sending emails. Etc etc etc.
Very well said.

Because, despite how it appears on an enthusiasts forum...we are not "everyone", nor is our word gospel. Important input? You bet - and you can also bet that they've taken note of folks' reactions...but like any logical thinker...the first real test will be when people see it in person.

Then they'll see who buys them. THOSE are the reactions that will matter most...

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!