Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-02-2017, 01:04 AM   #15
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
Oops, no Mustang? It’s amazing how Chevy got most intangibles right the first time, and they still have a second shot at it with the refresh. I’m honestly surprised that the Stang didn’t make the list, because it seems to be an amazing car after the refresh. What a time to be a car enthusiast...

Let’s just take a moment to acknowledge the lack of a BMW on the list. Is it the lack of a manual M car, the lack of M Power, or the lack of M value? The dropped the V8, they dropped the manual, they’re even phasing out RWD. And to pay $64,000 for a BASE model M4, which has mustang GT power and 1SS standard features, it’s just crazy. I liked their naturally aspirated straight sixes and V8 m5s... but man has BMW Fallen off the performance market.
Completely agree. Not a current bmw that looks interesting to me. I am not a fan of the 6cyl turbos. Love the e36 and e46 M3. Even the e92. My daily is a e39 M5 with the 400hp NA V8 and 6speed. Great sedan. Last good one they made.
Love my Camaro ss!!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:07 AM   #16
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Car and Driver 10 Best

Had a 2012 v6 Camaro (base model) that I bought in 2011. I liked it for its looks but it was a heavy dog and the weight showed. I told myself if it ever went on a diet and transformed into a drivable sports car that I would return to it in SS form.

Went from it to a 2013 FRS which I promptly turbocharged and did a host of other upgrades, loved that ride but ultimately wanted something that had the power I desired with a bit of luxury. So I purchased a G37S manual in 2015 and had it for 5 months before realizing it wasn’t what I wanted.

Got rid of it and moved to a BMW 335i (e92) and man was it enjoyable. Manual, twin scroll, white exterior and brown interior. It had the M-Sport package with upgraded wheels, suspension and tuning. It was a nice car and being under extended warranty when things broke, they were fixed without wrecking the bank account. My last trip to service the airbag recall, leaking oil filter housing gasket, leaking oil pan gasket, faulty MAF sensor, leaking front thrust bushings and intermittent misfire on cylinder 5, I overheard many service advisors calling their clients to inform them of, and I remember this vividly, no less than $4,000 repairs, one was $7,000. My repairs totaled a bit under $4,000 where the warranty paid for all but $500.

The BMWs I saw and had the experience to drive as loaner cars, I simply could not see paying what they ask. Granted, I don’t but new cars at all, but even at used prices I couldn’t see doing it and BMWs don’t hold their value worth anything. That being said the last of the truly good BMWs seemed to be the M235 and M2.

Sold my 335i last Monday, picked up a 2016 2SS from Iowa on Thursday and not looking back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:09 AM   #17
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
I bet that small block in your SS won’t cost a dime in repairs for a long while.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:53 AM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Cool. I don't think there are many performance cars that make 10 best 3 years in a row
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:08 AM   #19
mrtoner

Drives: 2016 SS Nightfall Gray
Cool!!!
mrtoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:44 PM   #20
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:52 PM   #21
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
No doubt about it. This car is world class and has earned a reputation as one of the best. A true bargain.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:57 PM   #22
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Old 12-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #23
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
It's crazy how Chevy turned their Camaro from a Pony Car King into a Top 10 Best Sports Cars In The World. All of this Ford competing accidentally bumped it into World Class Competing cars. Heck! The IROC-Z was competing against some porches. Chevy done it well, Can't wait to see what the new ZR1 and Mid-engine Corvette can do.
ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #24
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
I'm not so sure you can call the Camaro a muscle car any more. It's more of a sports car than anything else.
Truthfully, the Camaro was never a muscle car. I'd argue it was closer to being a muscle car in the 5th gen model than it ever was prior to it.

That being said, I completely agree with your viewpoint. This car is easily becoming a force globally, not just here in the US
Old 12-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #25
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Yeah, people get into some pretty serious arguments about the definition of a sports car. Lol people will say that a true sports car is a two seater. However if you ask some purists what their favorite sports car is, many will mention the 911. Yup, those have back seats... lol

Whatever class of car you fit the Camaro into (spets car, sports coupe, muscle car, etc.), the modern Camaro is a phenomenal car at any price and the fact that it is affordable and American is a huge bonus! One of the best bangs for the buck out there.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #26
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Hehe. I never understand people like this. You're going to spend a ton of money (for most people) on a new car and you don't bother to research your options at all? I mean, if you end up liking the looks of the BMW over the Camaro or something and just have the extra cash to spend, cool, but to not do your research, especially for a performance vehicle, is insane to me.
There are many people that are simply blinded by that "luxury Badge" as a status symbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Yeah, people get into some pretty serious arguments about the definition of a sports car. Lol people will say that a true sports car is a two seater. However if you ask some purists what their favorite sports car is, many will mention the 911. Yup, those have back seats... lol

Whatever class of car you fit the Camaro into (spets car, sports coupe, muscle car, etc.), the modern Camaro is a phenomenal car at any price and the fact that it is affordable and American is a huge bonus! One of the best bangs for the buck out there.
LOL I think there was a huge thread on that a few months ago. I still say the camaro fits more along the lines of a GT car than a sports car.

to me a sports car is a two seater, Corvette, Miata, etc etc
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:28 AM   #27
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
There are many people that are simply blinded by that "luxury Badge" as a status symbol

LOL I think there was a huge thread on that a few months ago. I still say the camaro fits more along the lines of a GT car than a sports car.

to me a sports car is a two seater, Corvette, Miata, etc etc
I think it's better to have the broad definition that a "sports car" is one that sacrifices practicality for performance and fun. Once you start splitting the hairs, it gets hard real fast because there are things that manufacturers have come up with that no one ever considered back when the first 2-seaters were made, like 3-seater mclarens, etc...
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:59 AM   #28
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
I see sports cars as a broad range. Miatas, BRZ/GT86 Lotus, Corvettes, Older BMW M cars, Porsches, Golf GTIs, etc. You could even argue that a 570s is a sports car, as does McLaren. I think that the Camaro is a bit too heavy to be a sports car, too aggressive to be a GT, and too well balanced to be a muscle car. Maybe that's the new definition of a Pony car. Why can't the Camaro just be classified as a Camaro?
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote