Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-27-2023, 11:12 PM   #113
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
well it happened again......at least on my end.......it was down this morning. now at 11 pm CST its back. hmmmmmmmmm
Old 05-27-2023, 11:43 PM   #114
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Yep down all day and back up I see. What's going on Admins?
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 11:47 PM   #115
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Down again, what one day later…..
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 12:05 AM   #116
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Well, being in the IT business 30 years and without breaking any "laws" , between the internet downtime and the ad blocker working intermittantly(even for me), there's a chance the server they use may have a software issue or has been compromised. There's also, I hate to bring it up , but cost could be an issue. Sure we give companies a bit of rousing when they try to advertise but that's always a good way for companies to get their product out there for free. I can't blame them if their not paying so there's always money involved when running these sites. We are all just like anyone else, showing concern for something that we all love and use, every day or a few times a week, no matter what we all love this site. I do wish the MODS would chime in.
Old 05-28-2023, 12:28 AM   #117
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Yep down when I woke up and all day until I tried again now at 11:27pm mountain time…

It would be nice to know what’s going on rather than silence. I enjoy my time here and it sucks when it’s down.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 12:30 AM   #118
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Down again all day today, what gives?!!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 01:45 AM   #119
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
Well, being in the IT business 30 years and without breaking any "laws" , between the internet downtime and the ad blocker working intermittantly(even for me), there's a chance the server they use may have a software issue or has been compromised. There's also, I hate to bring it up , but cost could be an issue. Sure we give companies a bit of rousing when they try to advertise but that's always a good way for companies to get their product out there for free. I can't blame them if their not paying so there's always money involved when running these sites. We are all just like anyone else, showing concern for something that we all love and use, every day or a few times a week, no matter what we all love this site. I do wish the MODS would chime in.
I posted on the previous page, maybe you didn’t see it…

I’m not an IT professional, and have ZERO knowledge of the finances related to running any site, much less one as large as this one…

I do know the owner is chasing the issues, as it affects three large platforms and maybe other sites related to automotive forums he owns.

All I can do is share that the admins are aware, as are the mods, and the admins are diligently trying to resolve the issues and stabilize the platform…

Having the build thread I do, I’m as vested as anyone on this site, so I and others also share your concerns… Hopefully this all gets resolved until the next attack by bots/spammers/hackers or a software issue…

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 04:33 AM   #120
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I posted on the previous page, maybe you didn’t see it…

I’m not an IT professional, and have ZERO knowledge of the finances related to running any site, much less one as large as this one…

I do know the owner is chasing the issues, as it affects three large platforms and maybe other sites related to automotive forums he owns.

All I can do is share that the admins are aware, as are the mods, and the admins are diligently trying to resolve the issues and stabilize the platform…

Having the build thread I do, I’m as vested as anyone on this site, so I and others also share your concerns… Hopefully this all gets resolved until the next attack by bots/spammers/hackers or a software issue…
Your info is appreciated, thanks!
Old 05-28-2023, 05:02 AM   #121
79 TransAm that never was

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 6.2 MT6
Website down again...May 27 AM

I'm sure I'm not the only one...I tried signing in on May 27AM and once again this website was down. WTF is the problem keeping this simple site running? I've never seen a website go down as often as this one does. And it's not even an overly complicated or high tech site!
Perhaps the administrator has lost interest, is tinkering with it too much, or the website is doing routine maintenance? Whatever the case is, this site should not be down as often as it is!
Other than removing extreme profanities, I suggest that the administrator leave the website alone and let it do it's thing. Trying to sign on is getting as frustrating as ordering a car from GM and then waiting for them to allocate it!
A wise man once said: "If it isn't broke, don't fix it!"

Last edited by 79 TransAm that never was; 05-28-2023 at 06:12 AM.
79 TransAm that never was is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 06:05 AM   #122
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Coincidentally, the one thing I’m aware of since all this downtime started is…the advert banner. I’m not trying to stop it anymore as its easy enough to scroll away from it, to see all the threads. May not have anything to do with the problem but, just an observation.
I’ve been on this site 9 years now and have never experienced this amount of repeated downtime.
Sure hope the admin can sort it all out. It’s a worthwhile cause.
Old 05-28-2023, 06:22 AM   #123
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Thank you for saying what everyone is thinking
2005 CTS-V SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2010 CTS-V SOLD
2012 CTS-V coupe SOLD
2013 ZL1 vert SOLD
2016 Callaway Z06 SOLD
2019 Z06 SOLD

"I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 06:34 AM   #124
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Was down also in the PM on May 27th. Yeah, I don't know what is going on with this site.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 07:22 AM   #125
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
I picture the server for this site sitting in the corner of an abandoned building and being powered by a small gasoline generator and someone keeps forgetting to go fuel up the generator.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 07:53 AM   #126
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Sometimes I wonder if people realize sites like these aren't free to run. Yes, there's ads, but the servers take electricity and regular maintenance which can rob the admin of time and resources they don't have. I moderated a supressor site for a couple years and just the complaints coming into the inbox was enough to make you pull your hair out let alone the bots, scammers and rule breakers.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote