Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-22-2023, 01:09 PM   #1
1supersport

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Ground effects rear diffuser

I’m still waiting on the ground effects kit and high wing spoiler for the 2023 1SS to arrive at the dealership. One thing I noticed about the ground effects kit was the rear encloses the exhaust tips, which I’m not too crazy about. Would it look weird if it only have the front splitter and side skirts installed?
1supersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 01:15 PM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1supersport View Post
I’m still waiting on the ground effects kit and high wing spoiler for the 2023 1SS to arrive at the dealership. One thing I noticed about the ground effects kit was the rear encloses the exhaust tips, which I’m not too crazy about. Would it look weird if it only have the front splitter and side skirts installed?
I think that would look fine, I don't like the rear ground effect diffuser for the exact same reason...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 01:25 PM   #3
1supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I think that would look fine, I don't like the rear ground effect diffuser for the exact same reason...
Sweet. I’m going to ask them not to install the rear parts from the kit.

This may sound stupid but I get so paranoid the dealership will accidentally start drilling holes in my rear bumper since it’s part of the whole ground effects instruction guide. My plan is to just ask to throw all the parts we’re not installing in my trunk before they begin, I’m not sure if that’s excessive.
Old 05-22-2023, 01:52 PM   #4
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Anyone have a picture or the rear effects?

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 01:54 PM   #5
1supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Anyone have a picture or the rear effects?
I’m pretty sure this is it https://www.shopchevyparts.com/images/84544269-2.jpg
Old 05-22-2023, 01:56 PM   #6
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
ugh, yeah that is bad

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 04:16 PM   #7
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Sweet. I’m going to ask them not to install the rear parts from the kit.

This may sound stupid but I get so paranoid the dealership will accidentally start drilling holes in my rear bumper since it’s part of the whole ground effects instruction guide. My plan is to just ask to throw all the parts we’re not installing in my trunk before they begin, I’m not sure if that’s excessive.
As far as thinking a dealer may screw things up as being excessive, I wouldn't think that at all, I would take every precaution to get what you want correctly, if a dealer can screw it up, they likely will...

Don't leave anything to chance...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 05:03 PM   #8
1supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
As far as thinking a dealer may screw things up as being excessive, I wouldn't think that at all, I would take every precaution to get what you want correctly, if a dealer can screw it up, they likely will...

Don't leave anything to chance...
You think a Florida Chevy dealership would give me an issue about hanging around the shop when they do the work?