Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-28-2023, 07:24 AM   #15
NovaSS4spdFan

Drives: 2024 2SS vert w/M6 & Dual Mode. Red
I'm feeling pretty optimistic that my dealer will deliver. It's a huge conglomerate of brands and they own four Chevy stores among a bunch of other brands. They're now(2022) #2 nationwide in Corvette sales ( were #1 for decades). I hope that means something to the General in terms of allocation. If for some reason it doesn't get built, I'll resume my search for a cherry C7 Corvette Vert, 6spd , dual mode. Stingray or Gran Sport.
NovaSS4spdFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 11:18 PM   #16
Geese1

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE - 2023 Mazda3 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitrott1 View Post
Geese1,
I too skipped the big dealers. I went to the Toyota/Chevy dealer about 35 miles away. As soon as I heard Chevy was killing the Camaro in mid-March 23, I found this site and having owned 3 Z28's and Camaro LT. I needed to order a F$#* you V8 6M before they go away. 3/28 I called the dealer, ask about an allocation for a 2SS-1LE. 3/30 (Thursday is allocation day) and they stated they had a Camaro allocation. And on the spot I gave him my build wish list 2SS-1LE 6M VOM, SR, Nav, Fuzzy-Np's, S-brace, O-cover. He tells me he can't guarantee the build and hung up. Dealer put it in workbench after the call, the same afternoon the dealer called and told me that GM accepted the build as per my build order. 4/10 I received a TPW of 5/1 and the care was built 5/5. Today they told me a delivery date of 6/5 or sooner as the car is on the move enroute to the dealer.
Congrats on getting the car!

I wanted to buy from my local dealer group, who I'd bought many cars from (and even worked for them from 2004 - 2015), and I originally put the order in with them in November of 2021. However, they never got an allocation, and so in February of 2022 I started calling around to other dealerships to see what I could do. All of them said that they didn't have allocations and didn't know when they would get any. Only a couple took down my name and number, and only the one called me back (the one's who I ultimately ended up ordering from). It's such a crazy way to order cars, and I'm not sure why you can't just go to your dealership of choice and place an order. Seems counter-productive the way they do it now.

4/15/22 - #1100
4/19/22 - #2000
4/22/22 - #3000
4/26/22 - #3000 - TPW 5/23
5/12/22 - #3400 - TPW 5/23
6/18/22 - #4300
7/25/22 - #6000 - Took delivery
5/28/23 - hit 1,500 miles - break-in officially over!
Geese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 12:56 PM   #17
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
I'm afraid I waited too long, and this Tuesday will get that confirmed. I just wanted to wait and see what the '24 options/packages were gonna be before I finally decided to go ahead and try to order a '23. NOW that I've been researching it here, it seems hopeless based on what others are saying. I ordered from the dealer I used to work at, not a big volume one, but I've been surprising my guy there every time we talk about updates by having the answers to the question of if the order has gone through. Thanks to you guys.
The last convo we had I told him "let me guess, the A1Y 1LE is on constraint" and HE surprised me by saying they have an allocation for a A1Y 1LE and "For some reason they're not showing the 2SS availability, which they think will pass through, we'll know on Tuesday" but then followed that with: it's a 50/50 shot.

I never win those ☹

Last edited by GM-ACE; 06-03-2023 at 01:04 PM. Reason: misspelled word
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 01:15 PM   #18
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
Doesn't even necessarily have to be a high volume dealer, just an honest one.
I got my allocation in 11 weeks from a dealer that sells 12 Camaros a year - getting a 2SS Camaro TPW is Monday the 5th. I have been leasing from them for 20 years, so they took care of me.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 07:47 PM   #19
ronabona

Drives: Ford Fusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post

OP, my suggestion would be to contact high volume dealers and ask all of your questions, if you place an order would there be other orders ahead of yours, do they have an open allocation or if they expect to get one soon, make sure that if you would order that your price would be at MSRP, and any other questions you might have. You will get round about answers dodging the straight forward answer from some car salespeople and honest answers from others. Cast your net wide on dealers around you and how far you're actually willing to drive to get your car. I personally used the Chevrolet build and price then on the summary page about mid way down there's Request a Quote link, fill out your information and zip code for a dealer search within a certain radius, you can select up to 3 dealers and send your request. If you want do that a couple of times over to different dealers around you.
Thank you for the input. Bc I am in CT they are virtually no high volume Camaro dealers but because I move a lot I have been looking at dealerships all over the east coast and in TX where I currently am. At this point I’m thinking I will just get a 24 and bite the bullet on the price increase but it is annoying.

I have been using the build feature on Chevy.com and already have my spec, I just want to make sure the price increase isn’t out of my budget as now it looks like a SS will be well over 50k out the door.
ronabona is offline   Reply With Quote