Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 06-25-2020, 03:37 PM   #57
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Thanks, Everyone.

For those of you adding a lot of bolt-ons, forced induction, and tuning. We also have an 80mm (84mm effective after porting) that comes with an Adapter Kit to fit and smoothly transition your V6 manifold.
Hey Mike, quick question on 8 the hour reset procedure. Does it need to be as close to that time as possible, or can it be say 4 hours, or 12 hours, etc?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #58
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Hey Mike, quick question on 8 the hour reset procedure. Does it need to be as close to that time as possible, or can it be say 4 hours, or 12 hours, etc?
No, I think 4 hrs is fine too. There's a lot of argument about how long it actually takes to clear, I have seen from 20min to overnight. We went with 8 hrs (overnight) to be on the safe side. But I think it is a bit of an overkill.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:57 PM   #59
HCI2000SS

Quote:
No, I think 4 hrs is fine too. There's a lot of argument about how long it actually takes to clear, I have seen from 20min to overnight. We went with 8 hrs (overnight) to be on the safe side. But I think it is a bit of an overkill.
Okay good to know, thanks.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:40 PM   #60
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
It is a weird reset time, when I first got my car I had to have it unplugged overnight to reset my coolant/outdoor temp/reindex windows. Now I can literally unplug and immediately replug to have those things happen.

I’m still gonna do at least the 4 hours but probably overnight for 8
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:40 PM   #61
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Same here. It should be here tomorrow. I'm gonna follow the same procedure. Let us know how it goes, and I'll do the same
Definitely, good to trade notes to see how it is lol

Old 06-26-2020, 07:52 PM   #62
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Definitely, good to trade notes to see how it is lol
Agreed! Real life independent reviews are important, so we can all learn. Mine was supposed to here today, but tracking says that it has been delayed, but is still moving in transit. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:35 PM   #63
HCI2000SS

Just installed mine tonight. I'm only 30 miles into the break in procedure, so I'm being very gentle at the moment. No codes, idle issues, etc. It's acting 100% the same as the stock TB. Even with light driving I can definitely feel a difference just like Soler has described. I'll obviously know more as I drive it more aggressively, but even now I'm very impressed.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:39 AM   #64
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Just installed mine tonight. I'm only 30 miles into the break in procedure, so I'm being very gentle at the moment. No codes, idle issues, etc. It's acting 100% the same as the stock TB. Even with light driving I can definitely feel a difference just like Soler has described. I'll obviously know more as I drive it more aggressively, but even now I'm very impressed.
I just got around to installing it, I'm having an issue with removing the sensor form my original TB. Did yours look like this? The instructions showed a red clip that I've seen on other connectors but this gray clip I haven't seen and it isn't budging at all. Wondering if I should go with my idea of using a minus screwdriver and brute-forcing it but kinda scared if I **** up that connector.
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2020, 03:42 AM   #65
Luckycod4

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
I just got around to installing it, I'm having an issue with removing the sensor form my original TB. Did yours look like this? The instructions showed a red clip that I've seen on other connectors but this gray clip I haven't seen and it isn't budging at all. Wondering if I should go with my idea of using a minus screwdriver and brute-forcing it but kinda scared if I **** up that connector.
This might help
https://youtu.be/IE8IeMsGm2c
Luckycod4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 03:55 AM   #66
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckycod4 View Post
Damn, I should’ve been patient.

I broke the gray clip lmao, it plugged in without the clip and I pulled on it a bit and it didn’t move. Currently sitting at idle, will try to see what the dealer would charge to replace that but if no issues come up then I may just leave it

Edit: first drive and no issues, acts just like the old one. I didn’t do any hard pills but did get up to 4.5k RPM and I think the biggest thing I noticed was it feels like it has more pull at the higher RPMs. After a few days I’ll try a full on pedal to the metal and see

Last edited by Bumbleboy92; 07-04-2020 at 04:47 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:13 AM   #67
HCI2000SS

Quote:

I broke the gray clip lmao, it plugged in without the clip and I pulled on it a bit and it didn’t move. Currently sitting at idle, will try to see what the dealer would charge to replace that but if no issues come up then I may just leave it

Edit: first drive and no issues, acts just like the old one. I didn’t do any hard pills but did get up to 4.5k RPM and I think the biggest thing I noticed was it feels like it has more pull at the higher RPMs. After a few days I’ll try a full on pedal to the metal and see
Yes mine has the grey clip just like yours. I didn't have any problem with it. It took a little bit of muscle, but nothing crazy. I believe Soler sells these pieces. Might wanna give them a call. So do you notice the difference right off idle? I definitely do
Old 07-04-2020, 11:39 AM   #68
Luckycod4

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:

I broke mines too when I was installing the overkill combo. I couldn't figure it out as well
Luckycod4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:05 PM   #69
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Yes mine has the grey clip just like yours. I didn't have any problem with it. It took a little bit of muscle, but nothing crazy. I believe Soler sells these pieces. Might wanna give them a call. So do you notice the difference right off idle? I definitely do
I’m giving it a few days, I’m not so sure I feel a difference and the higher RPM’s I thought I don’t know if that’s the case. I’m gonna keep it for the week then if I don’t see a change I’m gonna switch back to my original and after a week see if I notice the change. Hopefully I’m just not realizing a change, if not then I think maybe I’ll look into their 80/84eff TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckycod4 View Post
I broke mines too when I was installing the overkill combo. I couldn't figure it out as well
That sucks, hopefully it didn’t trouble you too much

Old 07-05-2020, 06:15 AM   #70
HCI2000SS

Quote:
I’m giving it a few days, I’m not so sure I feel a difference and the higher RPM’s I thought I don’t know if that’s the case. I’m gonna keep it for the week then if I don’t see a change I’m gonna switch back to my original and after a week see if I notice the change. Hopefully I’m just not realizing a change, if not then I think maybe I’ll look into their 80/84eff TB

That sucks, hopefully it didn’t trouble you too much
Wow I'm really surprised you don't feel a difference already. It definitely shouldn't be like that. If you don't feel a change, then switching to the larger TB won't make any difference. There must be something else going on