Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 02-19-2023, 08:37 PM   #1
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Options for securing sub box in trunk

Has anyone come up with a good option for securing a sub box in the trunk? I put some velcro strips on the bottom, and they seem like they're going to hold, but WOT blasts have sent it rolling around. I have velcro on the bottom of the amp board, and that hasn't moved.
Attached Images

RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 12:28 AM   #2
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Maybe you good make some sort of support and attach it to the sub and the metal under the rear shelf speakers. Or some L brackets on the bottom of the sub and mounted to the trunk underneath.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 09:45 AM   #3
DamonZ28

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
Maybe you good make some sort of support and attach it to the sub and the metal under the rear shelf speakers.
I actually thought of that, after I posted this. A large C-shaped bracket of some kind should work, as long as I can find the correct length. Then paint it black (if it's stainless steel or aluminum) so it blends in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
Or some L brackets on the bottom of the sub and mounted to the trunk underneath.
That might be an option too. I don't want to get too crazy with cutting holes in the carpet, etc, and I haven't really looked too closely at the floor underneath the sub to see what's under the carpet. But it would be worth taking a look because that might be a little easier than attaching above.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
Old 02-20-2023, 11:37 AM   #4
Justcruising

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Sub

I have an GM rubber mat in my trunk so i just marked where the sub was and screwed some 1/2 strips of blown PVC to the mat and that keeps mine in place.
Justcruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 11:09 AM   #5
Osbornsm

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
2x bungee cords over either side. Tied to the rear-seat bulkhead.

Has never moved

Mods: Rotofab, Nick Williams 103mm TB, MSD IM, Kooks 1 7/8
Results: 470 hp / 447 tq
Osbornsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 07:08 PM   #6
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
I actually thought of that, after I posted this. A large C-shaped bracket of some kind should work, as long as I can find the correct length. Then paint it black (if it's stainless steel or aluminum) so it blends in.

That might be an option too. I don't want to get too crazy with cutting holes in the carpet, etc, and I haven't really looked too closely at the floor underneath the sub to see what's under the carpet. But it would be worth taking a look because that might be a little easier than attaching above.
With the L bracket you can use some zip screws to the trunk and not have to cut any carpet etc.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:21 PM   #7
DamonZ28

I came up with this solution to prevent further rolling around. Zip ties and saddle bases (the bases are screwed down). Might need to add a 3rd zip tie but we'll see how it goes.
Attached Images

My Camaro Journal