Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-24-2016, 01:57 PM   #1
FREDDYJ

Drives: ASHEN GREY 2014 LT RS
V6 exhaust

After months of reading forums and watching YouTube videos, I finally got my exhaust done. Ireplaced the crossover with a magnaflow resonated croosover, left the stock tesonators in, and repaced the muffler with straight pipes. I used the original tips. I could not be more pleased with the sound! Loud enough without being obnoxious, a great wail near redline, and minimal drone. Here is a video, https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1312965014
FREDDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #2
Yknjack
Yknjack

Drives: 2014 Yellow RS Vert
Don't have Facebook. YouTube??

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Yknjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #3
TX12Camaro

Drives: 2022 Cheverolet Camaro RS V6
I couldn't see it either. Would enjoy hearing what it sounds like.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:53 PM   #4
FREDDYJ

Drives: ASHEN GREY 2014 LT RS
https://youtu.be/yik55kMvUK4
FREDDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:59 PM   #5
Yknjack
Yknjack

Drives: 2014 Yellow RS Vert
Good job. Sounds good

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Yknjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #6
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREDDYJ View Post
After months of reading forums and watching YouTube videos, I finally got my exhaust done. Ireplaced the crossover with a magnaflow resonated croosover, left the stock tesonators in, and repaced the muffler with straight pipes. I used the original tips. I could not be more pleased with the sound! Loud enough without being obnoxious, a great wail near redline, and minimal drone. Here is a video, https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1312965014
Your setup is one of the most favored by members,good choice! Great price compared to other options also,enjoy!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:37 AM   #7
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
This is the set up I am going with as well. Probably going to pick up some high flow cats as well and do the whole exhaust at the same time. From what I've seen, there are two options, Solo and ARH correct?

Can someone confirm? I think someone mentioned the ARH were cheaper... any major difference people are seeing or aware they pretty much equal in terms of quality and performance?
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:17 AM   #8
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Hooker also makes high-flow cat assemblies for the LFX, and there might be one other company but I can't remember, but in either case the main difference is that Solo's assemblies include resonators whereas the other's do not. Solo said that they thought the exhaust sounded bad without the resonators so decided to include them as standard. Solo uses 200 cell cats; I believe the other companies do too but you may want to check (I think basically the fewer number of cells the less restrictive; factory ones are 700 cell).

Personally I plan to go with Solo's as the resonators will help deepen the tone - the resonators might make the exhaust a bit quieter but I tend to stick with the "quality over quantity" motto.
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:43 AM   #9
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Great info. Appreciate it.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote