Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-25-2017, 11:46 AM   #71
MPScan

Drives: 2017 FIFTY VERT MANUAL 2SS
I don't know the answer to either question for 100% certainty, but I am heading back to the shop tomorrow for the mic adjustment in the A-pillar that they disconnected. I'll ask both questions and post back here later tomorrow or Friday.
MPScan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:35 PM   #72
CaliMBF

Drives: 2017 2SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPScan View Post
I don't know the answer to either question for 100% certainty, but I am heading back to the shop tomorrow for the mic adjustment in the A-pillar that they disconnected. I'll ask both questions and post back here later tomorrow or Friday.
Thanks! Just looking at the enclosure, it looks flat and doesn't appear to have a grill protecting the sub under the "fifty" logo on the front. I would think it would to protect the sub from damage when a passenger sits there. So that makes me wonder if it's a bandpass enclosure where the sub is contained within the enclosure itself and then ported? Anyways, thanks for finding out. I love the idea and want to run it past my shop to see if it's something they can pull off.
CaliMBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:37 PM   #73
CaliMBF

MPScan - did you get to the shop on Thursday?
Old 01-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #74
MPScan

Drives: 2017 FIFTY VERT MANUAL 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMBF View Post
MPScan - did you get to the shop on Thursday?
My apologies. I did go back but got into conversation and forgot the questions until later. I emailed my guy there the questions posted before and here is his response:

The subwoofer is facing towards the firewall, so that the signal reflects off and bounces back towards you and has more distance for the wave to mature. It is fully protected, as the panel where the “FIFTY’ is mounted is a solid piece of MDF and the subwoofer is fully protected. The enclosure is a sealed.

The enclosure is pressure fit with heavy duty Velcro securing it in place. You are able to remove is as we have placed quick-disconnect plugs on it for removal.
MPScan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:26 PM   #75
CaliMBF

Thanks!