Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-05-2022, 12:46 PM   #99
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I suggest everyone that's concerned about gas prices, get a Costco card if you're even 20-30 miles away from one. Premium has gone up here, but it's still at about $3.49 a gallon. In California, I see that Costco is over $4.00 but not the $7.00 that someone else claimed. The beauty of the Costco card, is if you get the business card, you get 2% back on your gas purchases. And if anyone wonders about the quality, it's a TopTier approved gas. I have used them for several years. About the only compliant I have is that it seems everyone fuels up at Costco, and you are usually in a line of about 3-4 cars to get to a pump. And sadly, there are a lot of stupid people out there that can't even manage to efficiently pump gas. It makes me weep for humanity.

And if you haven't already downloaded https://www.gasbuddy.com/ I suggest doing so.
I have a Costco quite literally next to me, and I've seen that gas pump busy any day at any time, I did not leave Venezuela to come here to the US to queue for gas and I pity anyone who would think to do that to save a few cents, Costco is $3.98 and Mobil has $3.99 yet these idiots still queue up on a weekday at lunch hour and weekends at 8 am, screw that, 8 lines of 6 cars...

These people are also AWFUL at driving, if I want to go to the mall then I have to go through the Costco parking lot and almost every time I get crashed or see people throwing themselves at cars, and if I want to go out I literally have to go through an unavoidable stop sign from the street, my residence and the mall entrance and those people almost always ignore it, or they clog up the intersection when they want to leave, or they clog up the service road that leads to the Costco creating traffic for everyone at any hour, screw Costco and their people.

They can get pegged in their ugly warehouse all day while they stuff their mouth with cheap hot dogs but I'd rather pay a little extra and have my curated and calm supermarket experience in Publix, which also has a gas station in front.

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 02:59 PM   #100
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I have a membership to Costco. It's about 10 miles from me. I've never got gas there. I'm not going 10 miles out of the way just to get gas. Every time I go to Costco to shop, the line at the pumps are backed up. I won't sit and wait in line for gas either. They for whatever reason have this stupid one way in and one way out lanes. So there are pumps that sit empty while people sit in line because the fuel door on the car is on the wrong side to use the pump. Why would they do this... They don't do that at any other gas station anywhere around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
I have a Costco quite literally next to me, and I've seen that gas pump busy any day at any time, I did not leave Venezuela to come here to the US to queue for gas and I pity anyone who would think to do that to save a few cents, Costco is $3.98 and Mobil has $3.99 yet these idiots still queue up on a weekday at lunch hour and weekends at 8 am, screw that, 8 lines of 6 cars...

These people are also AWFUL at driving, if I want to go to the mall then I have to go through the Costco parking lot and almost every time I get crashed or see people throwing themselves at cars, and if I want to go out I literally have to go through an unavoidable stop sign from the street, my residence and the mall entrance and those people almost always ignore it, or they clog up the intersection when they want to leave, or they clog up the service road that leads to the Costco creating traffic for everyone at any hour, screw Costco and their people.

They can get pegged in their ugly warehouse all day while they stuff their mouth with cheap hot dogs but I'd rather pay a little extra and have my curated and calm supermarket experience in Publix, which also has a gas station in front.
I wait about 4-5 minutes to save about $0.70 a gallon. If that's too much effort then I'm guessing you guys are ok with the price going up almost a dollar? I mean you can't have it both ways, pitch a fit when it gets $4.00 but then insist that you're not waiting 5 or so minutes to save $0.70.

If saving money on gas is beneath you, then why complain about the price of gas?
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 03:10 PM   #101
Xaxas

Quote:
If saving money on gas is beneath you, then why complain about the price of gas?
I'm not, just complaining about Costo in general, I for one understand that the president doesn't affect the price of gas directly unless he has to tap into the reserves, but many issues affect it, yet I wonder if people would be happy to know Shell keeps purchasing Russian crude because in their words, "they don't want to disrupt people who need it"

Different geopolitical events affect the price of gas, gotta compensate for when it was $2/gal I suppose, also I have a gas guzzler and it's common sense that gas prices would fluctuate so, I can't really complain about my car needing a ton of gas when nobody forced me to buy it, if it hurt me and I cared, I would get an econobox.

Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Old 03-05-2022, 03:25 PM   #102
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
I'm not, just complaining about Costo in general, I for one understand that the president doesn't affect the price of gas directly unless he has to tap into the reserves, but many issues affect it, yet I wonder if people would be happy to know Shell keeps purchasing Russian crude because in their words, "they don't want to disrupt people who need it"

Different geopolitical events affect the price of gas, gotta compensate for when it was $2/gal I suppose, also I have a gas guzzler and it's common sense that gas prices would fluctuate so, I can't really complain about my car needing a ton of gas when nobody forced me to buy it, if it hurt me and I cared, I would get an econobox.

Just making sure (some people like to spread hysteria so that they can do as you stated, try to lay blame at whatever President is currently in office), as you're really just sitting in line for a few minutes and if you shop at Costco relatively regular, you're already there. But I agree about how horribly inept the people there are. What irritates me the most is when some dummy can't park in between the lines to allow other shoppers to get to the pump in front of them that's empty because the idiot has straddled the line. It kind of makes me wish that we had people roaming the street whose sole purpose was to perform onsite IQ tests of any person that's out in public.

Last edited by TXCSSU; 03-05-2022 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-05-2022, 03:27 PM   #103
sactownbwoy

Drives: '22 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
I wait about 4-5 minutes to save about $0.70 a gallon. If that's too much effort then I'm guessing you guys are ok with the price going up almost a dollar? I mean you can't have it both ways, pitch a fit when it gets $4.00 but then insist that you're not waiting 5 or so minutes to save $0.70.

You are lucky with your Costco location then. The one nearest to me, is over an hour away. Live in 29 Palms, it's down in Palm Springs. Whenever I'm down that way the line is ridiculous. When I lived in Temecula, there was one closer, but the line was still crazy long and the small savings wasn't worth my time to sit in line for 10-15 min. My time is worth more than waiting in line. I don't wait in line for food, and I won't do it for gas.

For the record, I never complain about the price of gas and understand that its price isn't tied to our president.
sactownbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 03:34 PM   #104
Xaxas

Quote:
Just making sure, as you're really just sitting in line for a few minutes and if you shop at Costco relatively regular, you're already there. But I agree about how horribly inept the people there are. What irritates me the most is when some dummy can't park in between the lines to allow other shoppers to get to the pump in front of them that's empty because the idiot has straddled the line. It kind of makes me wish that we had people roaming the street whose sole purpose was to perform onsite IQ tests of any person that's out in public.
Make it illegal to have double digit IQ

People not using their turns signals, not respecting turns or signs, throwing themselves at cars, stopping in the middle of the road so someone can get in, wait 10 minutes for someone to leave a parking spot, having their gas cap waaaay too far and stretching the hose, being overall erratic and unpredictable, heck BMW drivers are better... Too bad Costco is too big to ever go broke, otherwise the place I live in would be absolutely perfect, wish me luck getting a house this year

Old 03-05-2022, 03:49 PM   #105
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Make it illegal to have double digit IQ

People not using their turns signals, not respecting turns or signs, throwing themselves at cars, stopping in the middle of the road so someone can get in, wait 10 minutes for someone to leave a parking spot, having their gas cap waaaay too far and stretching the hose, being overall erratic and unpredictable, heck BMW drivers are better... Too bad Costco is too big to ever go broke, otherwise the place I live in would be absolutely perfect, wish me luck getting a house this year

lol, no I was thinking more along the lines of "Hello Mr/Mrs, we have some reports of you doing "dumb ****" and need to administer an IQ test real quick. If you do not pass it, we'll try to get you the help you need, but if you do pass it, we're going to need you to wear this "I'm doing dumb ****" cone hat for the rest of the day to alert the rest of the public to steer clear of you."

I actually was driving on the highway about 60 feet from my exit when this buffoon in an SUV cuts across 3 lanes to get to the exit lane, and then just slows down as she gets in front of me (part of me wondered if she was trying to get me to rear-end her). I darted around her, gave her the "I rate your driving a 1-finger" salute and she actually got upset as if it was my fault for her needing to make a dangerous last minute exit.

When people ask me why I'm not afraid that there may be a nuclear war, I think these are some of the reasons I'm not afraid....
Old 03-05-2022, 03:50 PM   #106
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Isn’t it 4% cashback at Costco? That can add up for three cars. Yep lines are long but they move quickly. There are three islands at the one I go to with three pumps on each one so I believe 18 cars can gas up at the same time. They even have signals to show which pump is vacant. My only issues is the massive rv’s and trucks with trailers that pull up and take up the entire island. Plenty of choices else where though Oh well, first world problems.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 03:59 PM   #107
Xaxas

Quote:
"I rate your driving a 1-finger" salute
I'm stealing this.

Quote:
When people ask me why I'm not afraid that there may be a nuclear war, I think these are some of the reasons I'm not afraid....

Old 03-05-2022, 04:01 PM   #108
Xaxas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Isn’t it 4% cashback at Costco?
I get 3% on my Amex without a membership fee and since Costco isn't any cheaper than gas around here, without any lines.

Old 03-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #109
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:

Now Now... No reason to get snotty... I can bitch about the price of gas all I want. I'm human...LOL... but no, I don't care about the price of gas that much to drive 10 miles out of the way, sit in line, to save a couple bucks. If I cared about the price of gas that much I wouldn't own 2 vehicles that take high test gas and a Tahoe as a daily driver. If gas goes up over $5/gallon and stays there, I'll most likely reevaluate what I choose to own and drive. Until then... if I feel the itch to bitch... I will... . I bitched about the price of food today to because we went grocery shopping. Am I not supposed to do that if I don't go to Aldi's or use coupons? lol... <sarcasm>

Also, as others have mentioned... I get 2% cash back on my Citi card... so technically I am saving money when I get gas. I can't use my MasterCard at Costco. Costco gas here is 20 cents a gallon cheaper then were I get gas. So $4.00ish a tank? Now add in the Costco membership fees, time sitting in line, the fact that it's out of the way... No.. getting gas at Costo is not worth it. If it works for you... Hey.. Great!!

Last edited by jamala00; 03-05-2022 at 04:31 PM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 05:03 PM   #110
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
I live maybe 2 miles from my Costco, so it's really easy for me. I go early before the store opens (6-9a-ish, store opens at 9:30a) and there's never a line. Cruised right up to a pump last week twice in a row when I took mine, then the wife's, back-to-back.

One thing Costco should do is set up two waiting lanes, one for left-side fills and one for right, then you get to the front of your line and go to whatever pump opens next for your side. Of course, they'd probably have to pay another attendant to direct the morons where to go.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 05:26 PM   #111
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Great reply! Someone actually using their brain! These are some of the main reasons! As well as big oil being greedy as hell, how much did their profits rise in the last year or two???

"Washington, D.C. — New reporting in The Guardian today reveals that 24 of the top oil and gas corporations made nearly $174 billion in profits this year. As Big Oil rakes in billions and showers its CEOs and shareholders with more money, working families have been bearing the brunt of higher gas prices. In quarter three of 2021 alone, 24 of these same top oil and gas corporations made over $74 billion."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSlow6 View Post
Even if we don’t buy much oil from Russia, there is still less oil available on the international market in total, driving the price up for everyone.

Add in people going back to work over the past year after working from home, not a good recipe for affordable fuel.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 05:49 PM   #112
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Isn’t it 4% cashback at Costco? That can add up for three cars. Yep lines are long but they move quickly. There are three islands at the one I go to with three pumps on each one so I believe 18 cars can gas up at the same time. They even have signals to show which pump is vacant. My only issues is the massive rv’s and trucks with trailers that pull up and take up the entire island. Plenty of choices else where though Oh well, first world problems.

You might be right. I know that the business card, at the end of the year I spend enough for the membership to pay for itself between gas and products. I know it can be maddening to go inside sometimes, from people stopping right in the middle of the aisle without any consideration for anyone around them, or the painfully slow shopper that's talking on the phone. You can guess that these people are probably as inconsiderate on the road as they are at the store. Did I mention that I'm ok with nuclear war?