Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
670 RWHP, JRE 125 RWHP FLEX FUEL PACKAGE

Any questions post them here.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:20 PM   #2
Old painless

Drives: 4 wheels and a motor
At what point do you run into fueling issues where a camshaft change is needed?

Have you pulled the car on true e85? If so what were the numbers?
Old painless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old painless View Post
At what point do you run into fueling issues where a camshaft change is needed?

Have you pulled the car on true e85? If so what were the numbers?
Above E60 a cam will be required.

I ran mine up to E68 and started seeing fuel pressure drop.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:32 AM   #4
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Very nice Ted! I can’t wait to let you tune mine and start running some e85, and as a bonus get rid of that damn dead spot
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:34 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
Very nice Ted! I can’t wait to let you tune mine and start running some e85, and as a bonus get rid of that damn dead spot
You won't believe it is the same car.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:02 AM   #6
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
I know this package will add a lot of power and that would be great, but I dont seem to notice the issues some have described like bog, hesitation or a "hole" in the powerband.

Is the dead spot something I should only notice on a dyno graph? Because I feel no dead spot when I drive my ZLE hard, on empty canyon roads nearby late at night or on the road course.

Car is 100% stock and has lightning quick throttle response, pulls hard to redline and seems capable of running with almost everything on the track except big power true race cars (ie. C5R) or supercars. In my first 2 track days I gave good drivers in 675 LT and 2019 ZR1 a run for their money, and with more seat time I think I could beat some of them. Limit to this car seems to be the driver.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:09 AM   #7
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
I know this package will add a lot of power and that would be great, but I dont seem to notice the issues some have described like bog, hesitation or a "hole" in the powerband.

Is the dead spot something I should only notice on a dyno graph? Because I feel no dead spot when I drive my ZLE hard, on empty canyon roads nearby late at night or on the road course.

Car is 100% stock and has lightning quick throttle response, pulls hard to redline and seems capable of running with almost everything on the track except big power true race cars (ie. C5R) or supercars. In my first 2 track days I gave good drivers in 675 LT and 2019 ZR1 a run for their money, and with more seat time I think I could beat some of them. Limit to this car seems to be the driver.
mine is just when taking off and feathering the throttle or a quick blip...it just sometimes doesn't even register with the car, so a hesitation then a lurch as it tries to catch up. almost feels like an old school motor that's flooding momentarily....and other times, it works just fine. once rolling, there are no issues for me.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:10 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:

There are several threads about it just coming off the clutch or trying to launch the car.

I reach a point in my driving where I needed more power and this package has hit a home run, I felt like a bully out on the track.

Ted.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #9
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
This package is very attractive for a lot of reasons, I dont need 800 WHP but it would be nice to have MORE power than the ZR1 and 675 LT :-) If I was ready to lose may warranty, I would probably get this.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:42 PM   #10
juice3

Drives: 19 ZLE A10,17 SS 1LE, 16 C7R,CT5V
So ready
juice3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:20 PM   #11
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post

This is all new to me & glad I caught this as I'm considering the package...how much attn does the mixture of standard 93 & e85 at the pump take to keep it at what I assume you are suggesting is E60 & a little lower?? What is the prime window or am I over thinking??

What would 50% of premium 93 & e85 in a full 19-20gal tank produce in a final E#??

What happens to the package if one was to fill up with e85 on an empty tank & the same with a full 93?? I'm just trying to understand the dynamics & being ignorant on how to keep track of the E% balance while understanding the extremes. Thanks!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:57 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
This package is very attractive for a lot of reasons, I dont need 800 WHP but it would be nice to have MORE power than the ZR1 and 675 LT :-) If I was ready to lose may warranty, I would probably get this.
Thank you for your interest in JRE performance packages, feel free to ask any questions, I run this on my car and I can tell you he performance is incredible yet so docile and I am still getting amazing fuel economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice3 View Post
So ready
We are ready for you as well, Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
This is all new to me & glad I caught this as I'm considering the package...how much attn does the mixture of standard 93 & e85 at the pump take to keep it at what I assume you are suggesting is E60 & a little lower?? What is the prime window or am I over thinking??

What would 50% of premium 93 & e85 in a full 19-20gal tank produce in a final E#??

What happens to the package if one was to fill up with e85 on an empty tank & the same with a full 93?? I'm just trying to understand the dynamics & being ignorant on how to keep track of the E% balance while understanding the extremes. Thanks!!
50/50 mix will put you about e40, most pumps are only E-70 from what I am told from guys who are testing the E-85 at the pump.

We have a gauge option to monitor E content also.

Ted.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:28 PM   #13
juice3

Drives: 19 ZLE A10,17 SS 1LE, 16 C7R,CT5V
So I was watching the videos, and maybe this was already asked. If I hit a local E85 pump (Which is never E85) and it's over Say E60, am I OK with this kit?

What do you include to see the E Content? Or offer?
juice3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:04 PM   #14
regnouy37

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post

Hi Ted,

Thank you for sharing your progress and details of this package. I thoroughly enjoy watching your thoughts and explanations.

What is next for your car? Cam, heads, ported SC, larger TB, etc? Looking forward to plans and thoughts.
regnouy37 is offline   Reply With Quote