Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-27-2020, 04:44 AM   #1
Nick801

Drives: ‘18 Camaro 2SS
2 month repairs - 4 week backorder???

End of august side swiped a chain fence and had major panel replacement and paint job. End of September it was all pretty much wrapping up and I had it at a nearby chevy dealership for work. I was told a lower grille was last thing needed for the bumper and an alignment. It’s now been near a month and this grille has been on a “national backorder”?? About week and half ago I got in contact to GM customer care to complain. No word still yet on a grille or ETA.

According to the dealerships estimate papers on costs the lower grille for me 2018 SS for my bumper was shown as lower grille w/ aux I forget off my head the part # but I looked it up online and it’s in stock at websites and I contacted the dealership about this and the guy tells me that part isn’t the right one and doesn’t fit my models bumper. When I look up my vin on part sites it shows that grille though and all?? Such bs. 60 days no car so far.
Nick801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:51 AM   #2
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick801 View Post
End of august side swiped a chain fence and had major panel replacement and paint job. End of September it was all pretty much wrapping up and I had it at a nearby chevy dealership for work. I was told a lower grille was last thing needed for the bumper and an alignment. It’s now been near a month and this grille has been on a “national backorder”?? About week and half ago I got in contact to GM customer care to complain. No word still yet on a grille or ETA.

According to the dealerships estimate papers on costs the lower grille for me 2018 SS for my bumper was shown as lower grille w/ aux I forget off my head the part # but I looked it up online and it’s in stock at websites and I contacted the dealership about this and the guy tells me that part isn’t the right one and doesn’t fit my models bumper. When I look up my vin on part sites it shows that grille though and all?? Such bs. 60 days no car so far.
Bring the evidence in hand that it’s the right part for your car ask for an explanation.
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 06:35 AM   #3
Nick801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron07 View Post
Bring the evidence in hand that it’s the right part for your car ask for an explanation.
About to. But confuses me when I mention it to GM already and they didn’t confirm or deny a backorder yet to me and they have nothing news on it yet and then dealership doesn’t know anything on it either. GM is supposed to call me again today as a “catch up” but I’m about to demand some type of answer on this or where is this last piece or has one been made lol
Old 10-27-2020, 09:04 AM   #4
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Could be an insurance thing. If you are paying for the repairs out of pocket you probably have a point. But insurance companies may have a supplier list that the dealership has to buy body parts from to get the acceptable cost for the repair.

Covid has certainly put a damper on parts supply and OEMs have to pick between production and service parts.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:27 AM   #5
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
I am an Automotive buyer (not for GM), the hurricanes have significantly impacted polypro production and service is taking a backseat to production resin demands. Could be the case here.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 06:34 PM   #6
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
what's the moral of this story?

don't do trophy wife things when driving your camaro
Old 10-27-2020, 06:38 PM   #7
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Shit I waited almost 3 months for a headliner lol.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:43 AM   #8
Nick801

Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
Call another local dealer with your VIN and see what they say. Options codes don't normally come up in the parts catalogs online correctly.

On another note I ran it with my parts guy and both grills, with and without aux. coolers are in stock at his store. So the question would be it's the center, lower grill, correct?
Uh yeah the center lower grille.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:45 AM   #9
Nick801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Could be an insurance thing. If you are paying for the repairs out of pocket you probably have a point. But insurance companies may have a supplier list that the dealership has to buy body parts from to get the acceptable cost for the repair.

Covid has certainly put a damper on parts supply and OEMs have to pick between production and service parts.
Insurance closed the case mid September 3 weeks in after the second estimate was given and they sent another check. They paid up pretty much every part on the list the dealership put down on paper but idk if they gave a specific place to buy the parts from but I don’t think so. End of September they were waiting on a backorder of a quarter panel but that solved in 3 days. Just this grille has been almost a month now.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:58 AM   #10
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
what's the moral of this story?

don't do trophy wife things when driving your camaro
Oh yea? The real trophy wives swipe the Camaro keys to punish some local poser Mustangs. And they laugh at you for backing into the fence when you insist on backing into the driveway. Just sayin.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:51 PM   #11
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Do you have a SEMA grille? I just got mine back from smacking a deer and it took weeks for the grille to come in. That was the only part we were waiting on. If you look at aftermarket websites, they are all sold out of the SEMA. Not sure if it's the same situation with the standard grille but there's definitely something going on with the grilles.

Another point of confusion is apparently, convertibles don't have auxillary radiators so the grilles are blocked off there, the coupes have the extra radiators so it's open. Could be difference in SS grilles.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:02 AM   #12
Nick801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie18SS View Post
Do you have a SEMA grille? I just got mine back from smacking a deer and it took weeks for the grille to come in. That was the only part we were waiting on. If you look at aftermarket websites, they are all sold out of the SEMA. Not sure if it's the same situation with the standard grille but there's definitely something going on with the grilles.

Another point of confusion is apparently, convertibles don't have auxillary radiators so the grilles are blocked off there, the coupes have the extra radiators so it's open. Could be difference in SS grilles.
Ah. I don’t have a sema grille but yeah I been waiting now for 4 weeks for the grille to finish the job. I hope they get them going ASAP haven’t heard an update in a week and half from gm or dealership.