Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-15-2019, 08:20 AM   #1
Wrraith450

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Exhaust Replacement w/ NPP

I'm looking into some options for my 2016 Camaro SS with NPP.

With some performance modifications done, the cold starts (even in "stealth" mode) are music to my ears. However. I leave my house at around 03:30 in the morning for work - meaning my neighbors are getting absolute earfuls. In stealth it's almost like I'd started in track pre-mod days.

Is there a muffler (or some other option other than reverting to stock) out there that in stealth mode be more effective? Stealth mode is never used for anything over 1.5k RPM and as soon as I'm out of my neighborhood its opened back up.

Please don't crucify me over trying to quiet it down. It's just for cold starts in the wee hours.
Wrraith450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #2
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
What system are you running now?
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:46 AM   #3
Wrraith450

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Stock muffler, but have longtubes etc. When I had my exhaust done I wanted to keep the ability to quiet it down so it was never replaced
Wrraith450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
lol nope goodluck i have afe power headers and exhaust and stealth mode doesnt work for shit
Old 02-15-2019, 01:40 PM   #5
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Have your neighbors said anything about it? My across-the-street neighbor is a shift worker and rides his motorcycle to work most days. His garage points directly at my bedroom window, so we get a good bit of noise when he starts it at 4:00 am. It woke us for a few days after they moved in and I almost went over to ask him if he could maybe point it another direction (maybe back into the garage or something) when he starts it, but never got around to it. I guess we got used to it because neither of us noticed it after a few days. I'd never in a million years have asked him to quiet it down or not ride it (I'm told loud pipes are safety features for motorcycles).

I'd make sure it's a problem before spending money to do something about it. You could also back into your garage instead of pointing the exhaust out at the neighborhood.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:41 PM   #6
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Are either of you running cats? I’m assuming not.

To OP can you start in your garage then open it? I’ve done that before.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:41 PM   #7
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrraith450 View Post
I'm looking into some options for my 2016 Camaro SS with NPP.

With some performance modifications done, the cold starts (even in "stealth" mode) are music to my ears. However. I leave my house at around 03:30 in the morning for work - meaning my neighbors are getting absolute earfuls. In stealth it's almost like I'd started in track pre-mod days.

Is there a muffler (or some other option other than reverting to stock) out there that in stealth mode be more effective? Stealth mode is never used for anything over 1.5k RPM and as soon as I'm out of my neighborhood its opened back up.

Please don't crucify me over trying to quiet it down. It's just for cold starts in the wee hours.

If my neighbor was working hard and leaving at 3:30 am, I would give a thumbs up! EDIT: unless you rolled out under WOT! I Worked many swing, graveyard and early shifts...not all that easy.....Maybe back in or start up with garage door closed and then limp out if worried or lights come on and dogs bark... If no garage, it is what it is.

Last edited by Stex; 02-16-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote