Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #1093
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr02Z/28 View Post
Like I stated before, I would love a Oddball 4 banger pushing 320hp/300tq in a 3,300lb 6th Gen .... Options are always fun .....

Maybe folks are afraid a 4 banger will put the scare on a V-6 or a V-8 ....

look at the Evos or SRT4s. Little 4 cylinders that laugh at 400hp when the boost is turned up

If the Gen 6 Camaro comes with a turbo 4 - it will probably come with 300hp. And if you get on it with just a turbo upgrade 500whp would be simple

And yes it will give the stock V8s a scare

I kind of like the idea of a turbo 4 in a 3300lb Camaro with a 6 speed and RWD (i came from the import world - been wanting a car like this for a while)
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #1094
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
"The business end of it is if you want viable Camaro in the future that you can call "American Muscle" then you will have to accept the fact as GM will that CAFE will set the automotive future whether you like it or not.

As an enthusiast (and I won't challenge more than you as I don't claim to know you) I can assure you that discussion absolutely belongs in an enthusiast site. It's the future of everyone that love driving, not just muscle cars, but just driving and enjoying your car. You want to get even darker into the future imagine the Camaro that drives itself. Imagine roads you won't be able to drive on if you don't have an autonomous automobile that is wirelessly connected.

You may not want to have that conversation either but it's coming.

Please refrain from you challenges that we go to other websites. As an enthusiast since the day I turned a key, I can assure you those conversations belong here and more importantly outside of here. The government wants nothing more than to take the wheel out of your and my hands."

If you Guys haven't been enthusiastic about cheerleading for hybrid/ Prius Camaro 's I don't see how this has gone on for 30 some odd pages!

If the gubment makes rules that the Camaro has to be a four cylinder econo crap wagon (like the iron duke you keep bringing up like it's somehow helping your point). Then as I have stated previously I won't buy one. (Unless they also pass Obama car (like Obamacare except you have to buy a car).

I'm sure you guys will though, so it will work out for them.

Answer me one question though, how many of you 4 cylinder muscle enthusiast have swapped out your LS3 or LSA or LS7 for a four banger?

You could save gas you know, by taking the V8 out of your SS or ZL1 and putting in the 4 cylinder from the Chevy Spark! -- we're talking 84hp and 83fp of torque

That beast gets 38mpg! This is what you get for your money! You want 38 mpg? Swap that sucker in your SS and send me your LS3! You won't be disappointed if all you want is looks and gas mileage.
Here is the full statement I made on page 34 lowdown. You took a sentance out of context. I don't want the Camaro to be like a Prius and back then we were having a side convo about govt mandated gas milage and and how we had to accept it. This conversation has shifted several times about different things.

But you are right about repeating, so I'll leave it here-- if they make a 4 cylinder Camaro it will be great for you. I can find another manufacturer. Your opinions about the engines are valid.

My decision of what I buy is still mine to make. Enjoy your day.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #1095
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Brain View Post
look at the Evos or SRT4s. Little 4 cylinders that laugh at 400hp when the boost is turned up

If the Gen 6 Camaro comes with a turbo 4 - it will probably come with 300hp. And if you get on it with just a turbo upgrade 500whp would be simple

And yes it will give the stock V8s a scare

I kind of like the idea of a turbo 4 in a 3300lb Camaro with a 6 speed and RWD (i came from the import world - been wanting a car like this for a while)
Were are you getting 3300 pounds? Wvery time I turn around the NG Camaro weighs less. Now it's less than the Corvette.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #1096
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I stated the 3,300lbs for the 6th Gen as just a wish .... although you look at the Cadillac website and the 2015 ATS coupe is listed as "lightest in class" for whatever that means ... I would just like to see a 6th Gen Camaro be very light on its tires ...
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #1097
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr02Z/28 View Post
I stated the 3,300lbs for the 6th Gen as just a wish .... although you look at the Cadillac website and the 2015 ATS coupe is listed as "lightest in class" for whatever that means ... I would just like to see a 6th Gen Camaro be very light on its tires ...
I hope your wish comes true. That would be pretty sweet. But that would be 100 pound reduction over the ATS. Possible but I just don't see how they get there and hold the price point.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #1098
amoreno73

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
There are better alternatives

The idea of the turbo four is at during cruising speed of 70 to 80 the turbo is not used and you can get 35 to 40 mpg. You can get the same results if you had a 6cyl 320hp with cylinder deactivation, so at cruising speed you are running at three cylinders which could probably get the same or better MPG. Also a turbo four needs super unleaded and V6 can run fine on 87 octane.

amoreno73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #1099
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoreno73 View Post
The idea of the turbo four is at during cruising speed of 70 to 80 the turbo is not used and you can get 35 to 40 mpg. You can get the same results if you had a 6cyl 320hp with cylinder deactivation, so at cruising speed you are running at three cylinders which could probably get the same or better MPG. Also a turbo four needs super unleaded and V6 can run fine on 87 octane.

Not true... my 4 cylinder ecoboost turbo ST ran fine with 87... wife's 6 cylinder ecoboost twin turbo flex runs fine on 87... It clearly states in the owner manual that these Ecoboosts will run j on 87 but if you want optimal performance then you should run premium....
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #1100
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoreno73 View Post

LTG will run regular in most applications.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #1101
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Posting because I saw people said that chevy has the best I-4s... uhh
I'd have to disagree
First of all, look at the old 4 cylinder camaros. They're shit
Mazda has some kick ass I4 turbos in those MS3s.

Putting a 4 cylinder turbo in the mustang means that the mustang will be slower than the ford focus ST.

Putting a 4 cylinder turbo in the camaro would mean the same thing for chevy's low end cars.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GM NO I4S
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #1102
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I'd have to disagree

Putting a 4 cylinder turbo in the mustang means that the mustang will be slower than the ford focus ST.

Putting a 4 cylinder turbo in the camaro would mean the same thing for chevy's low end cars.

Trying to imply that a 4 cylinder 6th Gen Camaro would be crap because off the ones from the 80's were would be like saying that today's Z/28 is crap because the ones in the 80's were.....
Old 06-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #1103
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I'd have to disagree

i'm not sure that just because ford puts a turbo 4 in their mustang, means it will be slower than the focus ST. Unless you know for a fact that they will be putting the same motor in the car.

as for chevy, I don't believe they have anything that competes and in the same class as the focus ST. So putting a turbo 4 in a Camaro would beat any of the lower end cars, like the cruze or sonic...unless of course they end up putting the same motor in the Camaro, as the cruze or sonic...which I HIGHLY doubt.

but the easiest solution if they did? don't buy it. They will have other engine options.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #1104
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
i'm not sure that just because ford puts a turbo 4 in their mustang, means it will be slower than the focus ST. Unless you know for a fact that they will be putting the same motor in the car.

as for chevy, I don't believe they have anything that competes and in the same class as the focus ST. So putting a turbo 4 in a Camaro would beat any of the lower end cars, like the cruze or sonic...unless of course they end up putting the same motor in the Camaro, as the cruze or sonic...which I HIGHLY doubt.

but the easiest solution if they did? don't buy it. They will have other engine options.
to offput the price of any engine it will be in multiple cars. so if chevy puts an i-4 turbo engine in the camaro it will definitely belong SOLELY to the camaro.
which is why the fusion focus and mustang will all have the 2.3 turbo
Old 06-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #1105
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post

Chances of the same engine being in the Mustang as in a Focus are pretty low I would imagine.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #1106
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post

Chances of the same engine being in the Mustang as in a Focus are pretty low I would imagine.
eh, we'll see but they are both getting 2.3 Liter ecoboost turbocharged engines. that much is known for sure... maybe the mustang will different cams or something but it's still essentially the same engine

my moneys on the focus smoking that mustang once it's awd.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation