Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 02-14-2019, 05:25 PM   #211
Budman51

Drives: 2023 SGM 1SS
Just got home from dealer (65 miles away) after picking up my 2018 1SS A8 after the flush (18-na-355). Shifts are better than when brand new, crisper, quicker and like a performance auto tranny should be. Shudder started at 1180 miles, flush done at 1463 miles. Hope it stays like this.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:57 PM   #212
WTS

Drives: Several
TCC engagement rules

Does anyone know all the conditions when TC lockup occurs?
Is it only in 8th or will it do it in any OD gear (6th,7th & 8th)?
Or will it do it in any gear as long as engine is in steady-state cruise ?
What about when in hill-climb assist or competitive modes?

Thanks!
WTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:56 AM   #213
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by union894 View Post
I've had flush 3 Xs 2 torque converters, and now when I use paddle shifters I'm getting a strong burning clutch smell. I'm at my end with this car, wish i would've kept my 5th gen.
That really sucks! I thought I had problems with one flush and one TC replacement. The worse part is all the time spend on the phone, and in person, with dealers (2), and GM representatives (arguing, documenting, pleading). It was my entire summer season with the car last year.
If your last TC is new, would you consider a tune to eliminate the problem? Perhaps then you could keep the car and drive/enjoy. That is what I have decided to do. Screw the Effin warranty. If I continue to have problems, I will bite the bullet and trade it in for a 2019 or a ZL1 or something entirely different (Not GM). Good Luck!
Old 02-15-2019, 08:58 AM   #214
egypt123

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
Wow, good to know, thanks for the info! Have you had the shudder or did the new TC fix it?
I haven't noticed the shudder all that much and I can't say for sure if I even have it. I feel a very minor vibration/stutter feeling at around ~60-65mph sometimes, but it's not like I'm hitting rumble strips where I say - dang somethings wrong here. I have more of a problem with the crappy 1st to 2nd to 3rd shifting. Sometimes it's a hard shift, sometimes smooth like I expect it to be.

I added a Range AFM delete and a Pedal Commander Throttle Controller where I can adjust the pedal response and it's been better as far starting from a stop and when I want to gas it. I figured I'd try that route for now to get the shifting and throttle response where I want it rather than a tune and risk the warranty while GM does or doesn't figure this out. My next step or if it starts bothering too much is to get tuner and tune the crap shifting out.

I love the car and it's a real shame the tranny brings it down. I bought my daughter a 2018 Charger and the shifting in that is so much smoother. Wouldn't trade it for the Camaro tho.

Last edited by egypt123; 02-15-2019 at 09:12 AM.
egypt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:39 PM   #215
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt123 View Post
I haven't noticed the shudder all that much and I can't say for sure if I even have it. I feel a very minor vibration/stutter feeling at around ~60-65mph sometimes, but it's not like I'm hitting rumble strips where I say - dang somethings wrong here. I have more of a problem with the crappy 1st to 2nd to 3rd shifting. Sometimes it's a hard shift, sometimes smooth like I expect it to be.
Sounds very similar to my situation. I posted in one of the shudder threads (might even be this one) to see if this was the start of the shudder problem, but I never really got an answer. However, my crappy shifts are usually just from 1st to 2nd, and usually only when I manually shift.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:13 PM   #216
egypt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
Sounds very similar to my situation. I posted in one of the shudder threads (might even be this one) to see if this was the start of the shudder problem, but I never really got an answer. However, my crappy shifts are usually just from 1st to 2nd, and usually only when I manually shift.
The Pedal Commander Throttle Controller helped a lot for me. Starting off from a complete stop the pedal seemed very sluggish or laggy and would jerk into second. With the Pedal Commander it's a fairly smooth transition now. I can adjust it at 20 some different sensitivity levels. I like mine set in Sport+ with a -4 setting. Took me 10min to install.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:49 PM   #217
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I felt the same thing in mine...not a rumble strip..but i could hear/feel it. try pulling fuse 51. It worked for me.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:18 PM   #218
egypt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
I felt the same thing in mine...not a rumble strip..but i could hear/feel it. try pulling fuse 51. It worked for me.
Whats fuse 51 for?

EDIT: OK. Fuse 51 is for the exhaust valve. Not sure how that would make a difference in shudder or shifting, but I suppose it’s something people can try.

Last edited by egypt123; 02-15-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:07 AM   #219
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt123 View Post
Whats fuse 51 for?

EDIT: OK. Fuse 51 is for the exhaust valve. Not sure how that would make a difference in shudder or shifting, but I suppose it’s something people can try.
Nothing to do with shifting, but I put fuse 51 back in one day to test the modes. I noticed on the freeway there was a slight muffled vibration sound I could hear more than feel. I can't remember if it was doing it while in v4 mode or not, but it definitely didn't do it before. I pulled fuse 51 back out and that sound/vibration went away.

I'm only chiming in here because I asked these questions too and what everyone said was the shudder is a vibration that you feel and not really a sound and that if you have the shudder you'll know it.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:12 AM   #220
egypt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Nothing to do with shifting, but I put fuse 51 back in one day to test the modes. I noticed on the freeway there was a slight muffled vibration sound I could hear more than feel. I can't remember if it was doing it while in v4 mode or not, but it definitely didn't do it before. I pulled fuse 51 back out and that sound/vibration went away.

I'm only chiming in here because I asked these questions too and what everyone said was the shudder is a vibration that you feel and not really a sound and that if you have the shudder you'll know it.
Ah, ok. Maybe I’ll give it a try and see if I notice anything different. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2019, 09:05 AM   #221
RazzleDazzle

Drives: 2019 Camaro Zl1 A10 w/ Nav & PDR
The new Q1 flush ...

So has anyone had any problems AFTER they got the new Q1 flush?
RazzleDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #222
Turkish01

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle View Post
So has anyone had any problems AFTER they got the new Q1 flush?
Yes, me. It didn’t fix anything.
Turkish01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:22 PM   #223
RazzleDazzle

Drives: 2019 Camaro Zl1 A10 w/ Nav & PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish01 View Post
Yes, me. It didn’t fix anything.
Oh man- this breaks my heart to hear :/

So what can you do now??? From reading all the post here it’s:

1. Try again?
2. Bypass the feature / tune / void the warranty
3. Get rid of the car

What are you gonna do then?
RazzleDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:29 PM   #224
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Get rid of the car if it bothers you too much, its only money.
Get involved in the lawsuit against GM and hope you recoup some of it.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote