Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-15-2018, 07:15 AM   #15
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
its your tune take it back to the tuner. its common. I forget what needs to be changed. I had the same problem and tuner fixed it no problem on my cammed 5th gen.
Currently no solution for 6th gens. Comparing prior gen experience to 6 gen is apples and oranges.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:36 AM   #16
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
One problem I have and understand it is fairly common in cammed M6 6gens, is that the rpm will drop below idle speed for a second or two before returning to idle speed when disengaging the transmission when stopping. I do not believe there is a fix yet for this problem, albeit an intermittent one.
I had to store my car for 5+ weeks due to eye surgery and inability to drive. Before I stored it filled up with 93 and had previously been E85. Now finally got to drive it last week, and to my surprise, no more idle drop. Not sure why, or whether the above issue was unique to running on E85.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:34 PM   #17
#Tickled16

Drives: 2106 Camaro SS M6
Also on E85.Similar issue here sometimes the car will idle up to 2-3k RPM after you slow down to a stop with the clutch depressed. Then it will drop below idle and sometime die. Then it takes forever to start back up after it dies. If I tap the gas before it does it will come back up to normal idle.
#Tickled16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #18
Dads1le

Drives: 17 ss1le. Pray headcam e85 fbo msd
I have 17 ss1le Full build cammed. The tune has been ongoing issue but it’s ironed out pretty well now after several go rounds. Most of what my builder/tuner was explaining went over my head but I do remember him saying the 1le has a different tune from the factory than standard Ss and once they figured that out were able to get much better. Still not perfect but is livable Builder is Indiana Muscle Car if you want to reach out
Dads1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:41 PM   #19
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
The only advice you're going to get is to take it back to the tuner or find a new one. Check for vacuum leaks that's about all you can do.
Plus one on find a new tuner.

Was in the same boat as you, surge and rough idle. 3rd Tuner fixed the problem and runs great now. My fuel trims where way off, one tuner even turned off the knock senors, idle was off, and he did not set the correct throttle body to 103mm

It’s so important to find a good tuner.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:22 AM   #20
adnan92

Drives: Camaro 2ss 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I originally had bucking and big time surges. I changed my cam sensor, and it helped a lot. I still had some surging but nothing like before. I ended changing my air intake, and the problem went away. Check you air intake for leaks and you might want to at least make sure your cam sensor is firmly pushed in if you don’t want to replace it.

I also installed a air fuel gage just to make sure I am at correct settings always. That was a big thing with myself. Not sure if this your problem but my surging disappeared after a few adjustments or it was the ECU that took that long to learn.

I have a 2016 and no problem surging now, my friend has a 2017 and sounds exactly what you have.
U mean camshaft position sensor???
adnan92 is offline   Reply With Quote