Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 10-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #15
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Bottom line if you already have the factory dual mode exhaust then I haven't heard one exhaust system yet that sounds $500 or $600 better than whats already on there. In fact the sound differences are minimal at best. Throwing away a perfectly good exhaust sys. unless you just have money to throw away makes no sense to me.
As stated, he does not have the NPP.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #16
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
As stated, he does not have the NPP.

Thanks for clearing that up. That being said still lots of people are removing the NPP Suit cases because they think they are really heavy. One guy on YT replaced his with the 2 dual aftermarket Mufflers and weighed them against the NPP and they were a few pounds heavier than the NPP. So the NPP looks heavy but its mostly just a hollow case with a series of passageways and mysterious chambers inside.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 10-15-2019 at 11:50 AM. Reason: w
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:00 PM   #17
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Bottom line if you already have the factory dual mode exhaust then I haven't heard one exhaust system yet that sounds $500 or $600 better than whats already on there. In fact the sound differences are minimal at best. Throwing away a perfectly good exhaust sys. unless you just have money to throw away makes no sense to me.
Except he has non NPP exhaust.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #18
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up. That being said still lots of people are removing the NPP Suit cases because they think they are really heavy. One guy on YT replaced his with the 2 dual aftermarket Mufflers and weighed them against the NPP and they were a few pounds heavier than the NPP. So the NPP looks heavy but its mostly just a hollow case with a series of passageways and mysterious chambers inside.
i want to say the factory npp muffler weighed 38 lb and the aftermarket magnaflow weighed 36. i recall it being a negligible weight loss.