#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-07-2017, 11:32 AM   #309
zryan

Drives: 1973 z28 Rs, 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Coleman View Post
It simplifies a lot of things for everyone just from the fact that there is only one part number for a recaro seat. The supply chain is much easier to manage if you don't have to account for consumption/availability rate of two items for instance.

Recaro probably made the decision and GM got the price they wanted for the seat. The cost of the equipment is minimal, but it adds up in high volume situations. I am willing to bet that Recaro figured out the uptick in cost was recouped downstream in the assembly and supply chain phase. Also, no supplier wants to be the one to halt an assembly line, the penalties are enormous and your odds of getting a renewed contract are drastically reduced. I work for a Ford supplier.
Great Insight!
Old 09-21-2017, 05:01 PM   #310
internationlriders

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit1le1ss View Post
Well, just got my car back this morning from body shop after a little HPDE accident and home for the next couple weeks, so time to get back on this. Plus install ZL1 rockers, finish clear bra, new tires and more...

The pwm controller will work for the fans...no doubt, I have already tested. Can also be timed for the heaters. The issue is a safety one. The module under the pass seat communicates back and forth with the BCM on net2 and makes sure the fans are working and regulates the temp of the heaters. Bypassing isn't a good idea. There is also two circuits each, heat and fan, that are fuses in case of other malfunctions.
I'm pulling everything back apart in the morning then going to see about programing the time out issue. All I have is Tech2 available.

The seats are plug and play in a 2SS.

2SS BCM doesn't work without programing. Which is the same as programing the 1SS to use net 2.

Seats will not time out in an auto car. As net2 is active in auto equiped cars.
Is this the case for using both the 1SS controls with the switches moved over and the 2SS controls and causing the timeout? Or just using the 2SS controls?
internationlriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #311
umby24

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
Its relativity cheap ill tally it all when Im done. If you have basic wiring knowledge its easy but the hardest part is soldering that small chip lol
Any update on this? I'm considering just building an adrunio setup.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #312
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54NOMORE View Post
Update. They are almost plug and play in a 2SS. I bought a set out of a 1LE for my 2SS. All power options work. And yes, the hot and cold works just as it did in my factory seats. All power riser switches work.

Here is what doesn't work. The memory function and now my power mirrors don't work either. Which makes sense as they are tied into the memory function. I assume the fix is to completely swap the wiring harness from my factory 2SS drivers seat along with the memory box located under the drivers seat over to my recaro seat and then swap that harness back to my 2SS seat for the next user.

All parts in the seats are identical part numbers as far as the components go. All seat motors, cooling fans, airbags and everything are identical.

I was willing to do without the memory function until I noticed today that my power mirrors no longer work. I will update of the harness swap and box work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54NOMORE View Post
I was correct. After swapping over the harness from my original seats along with the memory box located below the seat I now have 100% plug and play functional seats. 😁
If this has held up without any additional issues to speak of, you sir have provided so much more value with these posts right here than anything else I've seen regarding seat swaps for 2SS owners. I tip my hat to you.

One question I had was how much time it took you to do change everything over where all functions worked?

BTW I noticed this on TGMPG's page as well:

All RECARO seats come with heat/vent capability (KA1/KQV).
Original configuration of vehicle must have KA1/KQV for heat/vent capability to be enabled.

http://thatcamaropartsguy.com/recaro...eneral-motors/
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #313
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Still no update on a clean way to get some switches wired in to operate these functions in a 1SS 1LE?
Old 10-12-2017, 02:26 PM   #314
booyaa56

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
booyaa56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #315
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
Summit 1LE...was the time out issue ever resolved?
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #316
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:31 PM   #317
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Anyone wanna pick up the torch here?
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:17 PM   #318
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Any update from Summit1ss1le? Seems like a good winter project for the guys from the south.
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:47 PM   #319
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by umby24 View Post
Any update on this? I'm considering just building an adrunio setup.
An arduino setup should be rather simple with a sample code from a video I posted before you can use that to get the fans to spin. With some arduino knowledge you can hook it up to a switch or pot. https://youtu.be/CJxLxK8CNTs

I have been busy lately and its now cooler in Florida so... hah but I have not given up. I just ordered a project box for it all and should have it installed in the coming weeks, it works great just need to install it.

Whats Next:
  • Solder Circuit Board together
  • Install in Project box
  • Install in Car

Wiring Diagram:

thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:50 AM   #320
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
An arduino setup should be rather simple with a sample code from a video I posted before you can use that to get the fans to spin. With some arduino knowledge you can hook it up to a switch or pot. https://youtu.be/CJxLxK8CNTs

I have been busy lately and its now cooler in Florida so... hah but I have not given up. I just ordered a project box for it all and should have it installed in the coming weeks, it works great just need to install it.

Whats Next:
  • Install in Project box
  • Install in Car

Wiring Diagram:

You guys are way smarter than I am! Can you dumb it down for me? If I paid someone to make me said box, is it possible for someone to make this thing plug and play capable? I want something that can be easily returned to stock and leaves no altered wires. I would be totally satisfied with a basic unit that has some external switches instead of needing it 100% integrated using factory 2SS HVAC buttons.

If someone manufactured a plug and play capable system I'm sure many would be willing to purchase!!!
Old 11-10-2017, 09:37 AM   #321
umby24

Drives: None
Quote:

Whats Next:
  • Install in Project box
  • Install in Car

Wiring Diagram:

Yeah, colder down here too.
If you don't mind my asking what did you do to wire into the fans? were you able to find a connector somewhere that works with them?

If I can figure that part out and find out how to get those wires up to each of the fans then it shouldn't be hard to get it running on adrunio. I just don't feel like ripping the seats out of the car to go digging for the fans, but I feel like that might be the way to do it
Old 11-11-2017, 08:23 AM   #322
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Didn't read through 23 pages, but thought I might add this...

There's a 2SS near me at a dealer that is optioned with Recaro seats, and appears to have the standard 2SS heated/cooled seat controls.

I stopped by last night after they closed as to not get molested by the sales staff.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote