Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 07-28-2017, 03:56 PM   #281
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
If a kit is made up. Wire, switch, coupler, etc. And is a plug and play 10 minute thing....
I would pay $100

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:07 PM   #282
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
Just ordered all the parts for my circuit, should be in later this week or early next week.

Just need to run ignition power to the seat and splice into 2 of 3, fan wires(+12v and PWM) (The fan up top is connected to the bottom one).

I will also be drilling a small hole where you adjust the chairs position for the rotary knob for the fan speed, There is plenty of button/switch real estate,but is is a bit cramped with the door closed.

So the Seat heaters unfortunately that is out of my league they are also PWM controlled but the risk of burning the seat/car fire is too much for me to figure maybe someone else with more electrical knowledge can chime in on that.
Definitely risky to try to power the heaters without knowing exactly what PWM and control feedback to use. These seats also probably have a thermocouple or two as a feedback loop for the controller I'd think (some heated steering wheels do at least).

It's very easy to burn up the element if not controlled properly, or even worse burn up the seat. Even with having the feedback loops figured out, there are delays due to the time it takes for the elements to heat up and for the thermocouple to heat up to the element's temperature. If that isn't quite right or there's even a small bug in your microcontroller script, there could be permanent damage to your Recaros :(
Old 07-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #283
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zryan View Post
Stinks this is way more involved than plug and play
Vents seem like they could be pretty simple. A few wires and a microcontroller with a proper script. I'm kinda working on my own as well, I'll share details if/when Iget it figured out per the above post.

Heat is a different story. Very risky to try to make an aftermarket solution without getting all info from Recaro or GM directly.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:02 AM   #284
N54NOMORE

Drives: 2016 2SS
So did anyone ever plug 1le seats into a 2ss?? I as well saw that gm parts guy is now selling them. Price does not differ at all. But I came across some used 1le seats. Just making sure they will work before I drive 1000 miles and spend a lot of money.

Mine is a 2SS. seats are from 1le
N54NOMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:51 AM   #285
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54NOMORE View Post
So did anyone ever plug 1le seats into a 2ss?? I as well saw that gm parts guy is now selling them. Price does not differ at all. But I came across some used 1le seats. Just making sure they will work before I drive 1000 miles and spend a lot of money.

Mine is a 2SS. seats are from 1le
Should be plug and play on a 2SS. Identical harnesses (see earlier posts in this thread).

I have the 2SS controls but have not got the module to make it function properly as previously noted and there is still the issue of the time out noted previously as well (requires a reprogram). Got the 2SS controls cheap from salvage so no big deal waiting for me. Want it "right".

Agree with the comments above about heat risk. There are feedback TC noted on the wiring pin-out diagrams and they are referenced in the system description posted earlier in this thread as well...
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:16 AM   #286
Summit1le1ss

Drives: 2017 1ss1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
Vents seem like they could be pretty simple. A few wires and a microcontroller with a proper script. I'm kinda working on my own as well, I'll share details if/when Iget it figured out per the above post.

Heat is a different story. Very risky to try to make an aftermarket solution without getting all info from Recaro or GM directly.
Well, just got my car back this morning from body shop after a little HPDE accident and home for the next couple weeks, so time to get back on this. Plus install ZL1 rockers, finish clear bra, new tires and more...

The pwm controller will work for the fans...no doubt, I have already tested. Can also be timed for the heaters. The issue is a safety one. The module under the pass seat communicates back and forth with the BCM on net2 and makes sure the fans are working and regulates the temp of the heaters. Bypassing isn't a good idea. There is also two circuits each, heat and fan, that are fuses in case of other malfunctions.
I'm pulling everything back apart in the morning then going to see about programing the time out issue. All I have is Tech2 available.

The seats are plug and play in a 2SS.

2SS BCM doesn't work without programing. Which is the same as programing the 1SS to use net 2.

Seats will not time out in an auto car. As net2 is active in auto equiped cars.
Summit1le1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:29 AM   #287
Summit1le1ss

Drives: 2017 1ss1le
Here's the wiring
Attached Images

Summit1le1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #288
zryan

Drives: 1973 z28 Rs, 2018 SS 1LE
I wish I could help but this is over my head. Would be worthwhile to have them working. Anybody else make progress?
Old 08-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #289
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Alrighty time for an update

I got all my stuff in and it all works! I am able to fully control the fan speed using hardware, so no code to worry about.

After some initial testing I have some upgrades/needs ordered, then I got to 3D Print a box for it.

Video shows a quick full speed to min speed (can stop anywhere in between to vary the fan speed) one of the upgrades is to have it start on so you dont have to twist half a rotation for it to start blowing.

thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:38 AM   #290
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Alrighty time for an update

I got all my stuff in and it all works! I am able to fully control the fan speed using hardware, so no code to worry about.

After some initial testing I have some upgrades/needs ordered, then I got to 3D Print a box for it.

Video shows a quick full speed to min speed (can stop anywhere in between to vary the fan speed) one of the upgrades is to have it start on so you dont have to twist half a rotation for it to start blowing.

Nice! What's this panning out to be cost wise? Is it something I could DIY?
Old 08-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #291
Tomiboy

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit1le1ss View Post
Here's the wiring
This looks like something Sheldon (Big Bang Theory) would write on his dry erase board!
Tomiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:45 PM   #292
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Nice! What's this panning out to be cost wise? Is it something I could DIY?
Its relativity cheap ill tally it all when Im done. If you have basic wiring knowledge its easy but the hardest part is soldering that small chip lol
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:04 PM   #293
JayhawkSS1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Its relativity cheap ill tally it all when Im done. If you have basic wiring knowledge its easy but the hardest part is soldering that small chip lol
Awesome! Thank you!
Old 08-15-2017, 09:44 PM   #294
WhiteNight

Drives: MB 1SS
Not really clear from what I have read, but are the 1LE/ZL1 seats plug and play in a 1SS? Meaning the adjusting and airbag only.
WhiteNight is offline   Reply With Quote