Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
vtwin996

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
RPI Designs spoiler, side skirts, and splitter

I finally completed the RPI Designs ground effects package by adding the spoiler. I was on the fence for a while, but after looking at other posters pics i ordered it.

Very happy with the look... it just didn't look right with the other mods and having the factory spoiler, not saying nothing bad about the stock spoiler, i like it too, but it just didn't flow with the other exterior mods.

Big thanks to RPI Designs, all the pieces are high quality and paint was perfect.

vtwin996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:59 PM   #2
vtwin996

A few notes on the install:

1. I swapped out the supplied hardware with regular bolts and washers, there was just not enough thread to go into the spoiler. When tightening they would just pull out of the spoiler with little torque. I drilled all the holes per template, 3 total and used silicon to cover up the unused holes and the new bolts (pics don't show the silicone over the other bolts, i did them after).

2. The spoiler just barely covers the outer holes from the stock mounting location (holes closest to rear window, circled in picture) so, be careful when removing your stock spoiler because some of that area will be seen after installation. I didn't cause any damage, but i wasn't being very careful when removing the stock spoiler because i assumed the new spoiler would cover that entire area. I do have some soap marks to buff out... cleaning had no affect on it..

3. Closing the trunk is scary, but no marks.. Considering you have to slam it hard to get the thing to close in the first place is amazing. I have been pushing it down and then quickly put pressure in the middle to get it to close, but closing it normally doesn't seem to hit the outside corners, at least no marks are left.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:43 AM   #3
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Might want to see if your latch needs adjusting? Or take it to a dealer. All I do is drop my trunk from a few inches up and it latches every time......its my darn friends that slam it shut. Lol

I agree tho, it was definitely nerve racking closing it the first time. Im going on a year now with mine, and it's never hit! Very happy with it! Good looking car!

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:24 PM   #4
vtwin996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchitts View Post
Might want to see if your latch needs adjusting? Or take it to a dealer. All I do is drop my trunk from a few inches up and it latches every time......its my darn friends that slam it shut. Lol

I agree tho, it was definitely nerve racking closing it the first time. Im going on a year now with mine, and it's never hit! Very happy with it! Good looking car!
Thanks, I didn't even think about an adjustment. I just thought it was normal. I'll take a look and see if something can be done..