Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-24-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
Ducati10

Drives: 18 zl1 1le
Curb ramps

Just a quick FYI....anyone looking to save the front end of their zl1 pulling in and out of their driveway need to look into Bridjit Curb Ramps. Picked them up for 399 shipped and my zl1 1le has no problems with my high driveway curb. I can actually back out and pull in now without worrying about ripping up the front end. Once winter comes back I’ll put them away in my garage till next spring. Just some food for thought if anyone has the same issues as me and doesn’t want to spend 3k pouring a new apron with flat curbs.
Ducati10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #2
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati10 View Post
Just a quick FYI....anyone looking to save the front end of their zl1 pulling in and out of their driveway need to look into Bridjit Curb Ramps. Picked them up for 399 shipped and my zl1 1le has no problems with my high driveway curb. I can actually back out and pull in now without worrying about ripping up the front end. Once winter comes back I’ll put them away in my garage till next spring. Just some food for thought if anyone has the same issues as me and doesn’t want to spend 3k pouring a new apron with flat curbs.
Pictures man !!!

I'm picking up my 1LE on Thursday (or Friday possibly) and I might have this problem with my driveway.

Are the ramps heavy? Are the ramps a pain in the ass to set up?
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:42 AM   #3
Ducati10

Ramps come in 3 pieces for a total of 12 feet wide. You can order additional pieces if needed. Each piece weighs about 55 pounds. Once together it’s over 150 pounds. Install is simple. Has bolts on center piece you hammer into other end pieces. Total time to install was about 20 minutes. I’ve been working a ton so pics will be this weekend, but if you google bridjit curb ramps their website pops up. I’m totally satisfied with them.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #4
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Hmm, looked at their website, looks like all it does is take the "dish" out of a rolled curb?
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:15 PM   #5
Ducati10

Whatever it does has worked great for me. Had the wife get out and watch me roll down and back up the curb and zero issues, no scrapes, plus entry and exit don’t “jolt” you at super slow speeds like it did before I put them down
Old 04-25-2018, 08:31 PM   #6
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Hmm, looked at their website, looks like all it does is take the "dish" out of a rolled curb?
yes, I was confused by their website as well.

I don't have that dish/rolled curb entry into my driveway.

its a smooth transition from my driveway entry into the street.

my problem is that the crown of the road and the pitch of the driveway entry create a steep angle of entry and exit.

I can't come in and out of the driveway at an angle because there is a telephone pole directly next to my driveway.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:33 PM   #7
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati10 View Post
Ramps come in 3 pieces for a total of 12 feet wide. You can order additional pieces if needed. Each piece weighs about 55 pounds. Once together it’s over 150 pounds. Install is simple. Has bolts on center piece you hammer into other end pieces. Total time to install was about 20 minutes. I’ve been working a ton so pics will be this weekend, but if you google bridjit curb ramps their website pops up. I’m totally satisfied with them.
i'll stand by for your pics. I hope your driveway is like mine and this will be a solution.

otherwise it looks like i'm going to be spending the better part of this weekend building ramps (and I have to work all weekend).

I can't park on the street overnight in my neighborhood. looks like i'm gonna have to get creative with my time this weekend.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
i'll stand by for your pics. I hope your driveway is like mine and this will be a solution.

otherwise it looks like i'm going to be spending the better part of this weekend building ramps (and I have to work all weekend).

I can't park on the street overnight in my neighborhood. looks like i'm gonna have to get creative with my time this weekend.
I'm not sure what kind of neighborhood you live in or if the city would allow it but in my area, you can have a concrete company or whoever will do it physically grind the driveway down to give it more of a ramp effect instead of the steep "step" up from road to driveway. Buddy of mine had that done and problems solved. It doesn't look as pretty as the rest of your driveway if you care though...
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:21 PM   #9
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I'm not sure what kind of neighborhood you live in or if the city would allow it but in my area, you can have a concrete company or whoever will do it physically grind the driveway down to give it more of a ramp effect instead of the steep "step" up from road to driveway. Buddy of mine had that done and problems solved. It doesn't look as pretty as the rest of your driveway if you care though...
That wouldn't work for me man. I don't own the property, if I did, this steep driveway issue would have been solved a long time ago.

I asked the dealership to raise the front suspension as high as possible and do an alignment before I pick up the car later this week.

The dealer had the front suspension on the car at its lowest setting. That thing was suuuuuuper low.

luckily, it appears that the front splitters for these cars are fairly inexpensive ($200). the install should be a breeze.