Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
another zl1 vs demon

skip to 10:00
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:52 PM   #2
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
I just did the some race with a M6 zl1 from 60 (started in 2nd) and also beet the demon... guess they are just not that good from a roll
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
2022 ZL1 1LE 6spd "Rapid Blue"
2023 ZL1 1LE Auto Rapid Blue (ordered)
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 02:01 AM   #3
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
LOL, so this guy is making 630 to the wheels on just an intake and a tune? Ok. I disregarded everything he said after that.

Second, he is talking about the Demon which everyone and their grandma knows makes 808 hp and he says "I think they're good for 808 horsepower or something like that", lol!! Man card revoked if he doesn't know what the Demon is making.

Third, I find it surprising that he ran a Demon that had a camera on it...and then he alluded to another video of another Demon, same color, with a camera on it, losing to another ZL1, same color, and a camera in the same location, lol!! And the most peculiar thing is that both races look like the same road.

I'm sorry but these videos have staged written all over them. And probably just to get a rise out of people or to make himself look good. There is no way in hell he is making 630 to the wheels thru the A10 on a CAI intake and tune. There is no way he is walking past a Demon like that or at all or even keeping up with one with that little amount of HP he claims to have even if he did have 630 which is bullshit. There is no way that those weren't the same exact cars on the same exact road in different videos.Sorry, I am not impressed nor do I think any less of the Demon. One day he will run into one, or even just a Hellcat, and he'll get his lunch taken.

And who tunes a car and voids the warranty just for a CAI as the only mod which doesn't even require a tune anyway? I say he is lying. So either his car IS faster than a Demon and he lied about his mods, or he staged the video and those really are his mods but he lied about the HP, or the Demon had a terrible driver and/or was not out of break-in period.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:14 AM   #4
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
LOL, so this guy is making 630 to the wheels on just an intake and a tune? Ok. I disregarded everything he said after that.

Second, he is talking about the Demon which everyone and their grandma knows makes 808 hp and he says "I think they're good for 808 horsepower or something like that", lol!! Man card revoked if he doesn't know what the Demon is making.

Third, I find it surprising that he ran a Demon that had a camera on it...and then he alluded to another video of another Demon, same color, with a camera on it, losing to another ZL1, same color, and a camera in the same location, lol!! And the most peculiar thing is that both races look like the same road.

I'm sorry but these videos have staged written all over them. And probably just to get a rise out of people or to make himself look good. There is no way in hell he is making 630 to the wheels thru the A10 on a CAI intake and tune. There is no way he is walking past a Demon like that or at all or even keeping up with one with that little amount of HP he claims to have even if he did have 630 which is bullshit. There is no way that those weren't the same exact cars on the same exact road in different videos.Sorry, I am not impressed nor do I think any less of the Demon. One day he will run into one, or even just a Hellcat, and he'll get his lunch taken.

And who tunes a car and voids the warranty just for a CAI as the only mod which doesn't even require a tune anyway? I say he is lying. So either his car IS faster than a Demon and he lied about his mods, or he staged the video and those really are his mods but he lied about the HP, or the Demon had a terrible driver and/or was not out of break-in period.
I've been a subscriber to Nick for a long time on YouTube. Even before he got his current ZL1. Not disclosing mods as a Youtuber is kind of counterproductive. That's how you normally make your money. This car truly only has a tune and CAI. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about voiding the warranty either. The Demon has taken several losses throughout internet land. I don't know what's up, but this isn't the only video with these kind of results.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:02 AM   #5
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
I've been a subscriber to Nick for a long time on YouTube. Even before he got his current ZL1. Not disclosing mods as a Youtuber is kind of counterproductive. That's how you normally make your money. This car truly only has a tune and CAI. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about voiding the warranty either. The Demon has taken several losses throughout internet land. I don't know what's up, but this isn't the only video with these kind of results.
He is not making 630 to the wheels on a tune and CAI intake with an A10 ZL1. Those things make around 550 RWHP max. We all know an intake is good for maybe 5-10 HP. SO if I give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is making 550 RWHP and the intake added 10 (improbable but I'll give him that), that would mean he gained 70 HP thru a tune which is no way no how possible. If he is making 630 then he sure as hell has a lot more done to the car. And no idiot gets a tune when their only other mod is a no-tune intake. That doesn't even make any sense.

And it seems to be the trend that these days people go on YT or other social media and straight up lie about their mods and then cover it up with statements about how they don't wanna give away all that is done to the car. But they sure as hell have no problem trying to make other cars look bad by lying about their own mods. What kind of new shit is that? If you don't want to disclose your mods, then don't make a damn video. Or give a realistic approximate number. Lying is lying. And once you start lying is when you lose your credibility. As in the case with this video. If he is willing to lie about his mods, then how do I know the video isn't staged and he lied about everything else too?

And to add, all these Demon vs X videos are shady as hell. Not one of them has been forthcoming or offered any legitimate details or all featured a Demon short-shifting or not shifting properly at all. I don't believe for one second that this kid can beat a Demon or even a Hellcat if those really are his only mods. I don't believe for one second that those are his only mods. I don't believe for one second that either of these videos are different cars on different occasions. These are nothing more than fluff videos. I mean, all the time that Hellcats have been out and he has never raced one yet he just happens upon a Demon that is willing to race him? And why do we never see the Demon owner's face in the video? Is that a hush hush secret too?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
So this Group of guys are from Pa and consistantly show roll racing vids. here is another video same group of guys differnt demon. you should subscride they are legit and the demon just sucks at roll racing.
https://youtu.be/efA-4UC59Wg
https://youtu.be/6J8kqmn3lcY

Here is his dyno video
https://youtu.be/h_xb0TruLws
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
2022 ZL1 1LE 6spd "Rapid Blue"
2023 ZL1 1LE Auto Rapid Blue (ordered)
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #7
datboi448

Drives: 2013 2LT RS, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
He is not making 630 to the wheels on a tune and CAI intake with an A10 ZL1. Those things make around 550 RWHP max. We all know an intake is good for maybe 5-10 HP. SO if I give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is making 550 RWHP and the intake added 10 (improbable but I'll give him that), that would mean he gained 70 HP thru a tune which is no way no how possible. If he is making 630 then he sure as hell has a lot more done to the car. And no idiot gets a tune when their only other mod is a no-tune intake. That doesn't even make any sense.

And it seems to be the trend that these days people go on YT or other social media and straight up lie about their mods and then cover it up with statements about how they don't wanna give away all that is done to the car. But they sure as hell have no problem trying to make other cars look bad by lying about their own mods. What kind of new shit is that? If you don't want to disclose your mods, then don't make a damn video. Or give a realistic approximate number. Lying is lying. And once you start lying is when you lose your credibility. As in the case with this video. If he is willing to lie about his mods, then how do I know the video isn't staged and he lied about everything else too?

And to add, all these Demon vs X videos are shady as hell. Not one of them has been forthcoming or offered any legitimate details or all featured a Demon short-shifting or not shifting properly at all. I don't believe for one second that this kid can beat a Demon or even a Hellcat if those really are his only mods. I don't believe for one second that those are his only mods. I don't believe for one second that either of these videos are different cars on different occasions. These are nothing more than fluff videos. I mean, all the time that Hellcats have been out and he has never raced one yet he just happens upon a Demon that is willing to race him? And why do we never see the Demon owner's face in the video? Is that a hush hush secret too?

I found his stock dyno vid

Pulls start at 7 mins

6th gear pull 560 SAE 580 standard
7th gear pull 580 SAE 598 standard

Here is the video of his CAI install

CAI pull with no tune had no net gain, just better low end performance at 7 mins
Tune put it at 593 HP SAE and 630 tourque at 10 mins

Last edited by datboi448; 04-14-2018 at 11:45 AM.
datboi448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #8
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
The Demon shouldn't be that bad from a roll. A car that traps in the mid 130's should be pulling on a lot of cars on the street from a roll. Not sure why we are seeing what we're seeing, but something has to be up.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:06 PM   #9
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
These videos come from a group of guys in PA, they roll race each other all the time.

I have yet to see a Demon beat anything in their races, and as far as I can tell that 570S Mike drives smokes them all in their roll races.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:08 PM   #10
jaysonstuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
The Demon shouldn't be that bad from a roll. A car that traps in the mid 130's should be pulling on a lot of cars on the street from a roll. Not sure why we are seeing what we're seeing, but something has to be up.

Look up streetspeed717 on youtube, he's beat 2 demons in his McLaren 570S that dyno'd at like 500ish hp to the wheels.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:45 PM   #11
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonstuart View Post
Look up streetspeed717 on youtube, he's beat 2 demons in his McLaren 570S that dyno'd at like 500ish hp to the wheels.
I know who he is, I've followed him on youtube for a long time. His 570S beats everything. That car is definitely under rated.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:48 PM   #12
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Oh God, not this clown again. His channel is horrible and he's totally trashed the ZR1. If you had any inclination on buying a ZR1, don't watch his channel. He's lost about every race possible in his new Zr1.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:51 PM   #13
Vulcan1

Drives: 2018 Hyper Metallic Blue ZL-1 M6
If I’m not mistaken there are a couple videos that cover this Demon being on the 93 tune making like 707HP and when they change the fuel and added the race tune they get around 780 HP
Vulcan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #14
jaysonstuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Oh God, not this clown again. His channel is horrible and he's totally trashed the ZR1. If you had any inclination on buying a ZR1, don't watch his channel. He's lost about every race possible in his new Zr1.

Yeah it made me cringe watching him not break the engine in at all.

He's defiantly hard on equipment.