Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

AWE Tuning

Old 11-10-2020, 07:51 PM   #15
Russ.
Super Sport Track Pack

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2015 JKU
Is over inflating the tires something worth doing if the car isn't going to move for the winter?
Russ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:46 AM   #16
Noreplacement

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ. View Post
Is over inflating the tires something worth doing if the car isn't going to move for the winter?
Yes
45 to 50 psi.
If parked on concrete, use carpet squares under the tires.
Noreplacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #17
Russ.
Super Sport Track Pack

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2015 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreplacement View Post
Yes
45 to 50 psi.
If parked on concrete, use carpet squares under the tires.
Thanks! Will correct this shortly.
Russ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:59 PM   #18
Noreplacement

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostx403 View Post
Is the tender going to keep the battery from freezing when we get a week of -50 degree temps?

That's why I'm not putting the tender on the front connection.

I pulled the battery today, the clip on the positive side was a pain in the butt surprise.
With a week of -50c, should you worry about your coolant?
Noreplacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 10:27 PM   #19
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
I held out as long as I could bad weather coming this week. Carpet under the tires, cardboard under car, fuel tank filled with stabilizer added, car detailed and new cover on. I probably should have added air to tires but forgot. Garage rarely goes below zero degrees celsius. I'll add a battery tender next week. Its gonna be a long 5 months..
Attached Images

50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:11 PM   #20
North of You

Drives: 2007 Honda Civic
Any idea on a recommended temperature for storage? I went online and I read some are saying 10c is what the pros recommend. Can anyone verify that or what’s the consensus out there?
North of You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:03 PM   #21
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by North of You View Post
Any idea on a recommended temperature for storage? I went online and I read some are saying 10c is what the pros recommend. Can anyone verify that or what’s the consensus out there?
I'd say 10 degrees is the optimum temp but more importantly the amount of moisture present.
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:12 PM   #22
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Although Ive lived in South West Ontario for 5 years, I’m from Calgary and am used to storing cars where winter is more ‘Canadian’. Been storing cars over the winter for 25+ years with no issues. I’ve never parked on carpet, put more air in my tires, used fuel stabilizer, or removed my batteries. The local economy loves your being thorough, but cars and tires from today simply don’t need this.

While in Alberta I had insulated garages and maintained the temps so the front of the garage at the vehicle door was 0 deg C, which meant the back wall of the garage was +5 C (double attached front garages).

In south west Ontario winters aren’t inhospitable (at least by my standards), so my garage isn’t heated. Although this means the temps can run a little cooler than 0 deg C at the vehicle door, it still isn’t an issue in storing over 6+ months. Battery tenders are a necessity, and in these cars just hook them up to the access points under the hood. Then from November 01 thru May 15th, just let them sit. I’ve never had flat spots or any issue to speak of. Give them a thorough detail, fill them up with a full tank of high octane gasoline, add a good indoor cover (I’m anal), use a battery tender and then chill (pun intended). This is the regimen I’ve followed for my Camaro’s and my much older car for 20+ years and they always fire right up in spring.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:05 AM   #23
Tachitup

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE M6; previous 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Although Ive lived in South West Ontario for 5 years, I’m from Calgary and am used to storing cars where winter is more ‘Canadian’. Been storing cars over the winter for 25+ years with no issues. I’ve never parked on carpet, put more air in my tires, used fuel stabilizer, or removed my batteries. The local economy loves your being thorough, but cars and tires from today simply don’t need this.

While in Alberta I had insulated garages and maintained the temps so the front of the garage at the vehicle door was 0 deg C, which meant the back wall of the garage was +5 C (double attached front garages).

In south west Ontario winters aren’t inhospitable (at least by my standards), so my garage isn’t heated. Although this means the temps can run a little cooler than 0 deg C at the vehicle door, it still isn’t an issue in storing over 6+ months. Battery tenders are a necessity, and in these cars just hook them up to the access points under the hood. Then from November 01 thru May 15th, just let them sit. I’ve never had flat spots or any issue to speak of. Give them a thorough detail, fill them up with a full tank of high octane gasoline, add a good indoor cover (I’m anal), use a battery tender and then chill (pun intended). This is the regimen I’ve followed for my Camaro’s and my much older car for 20+ years and they always fire right up in spring.
Well said !!!
Old 12-07-2020, 12:52 AM   #24
V8RWD

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th
Another antidotal experience, but I thought tire flat spot over winter was urban myth for modern tires, until it's happened to my dad's car that was just parked in the garage over winter without any special precautions. I would say it was in the garage for about 6 months, probably at default recommended tire inflation , on concrete floor. At high speeds now you can really feel it. Rebalacing tire on a Hunter RF could fix it.
V8RWD is offline   Reply With Quote