Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 07-29-2022, 11:16 PM   #1
truckrglenn

Drives: Chevy camaro
Control Sirius radio with mylink

I have a SiriusXM Onyx Plus radio with a lifetime subscription. Is there anyway of hooking it up so that the GM MYLINK radio will change the channels?

I know how to hook the Onyx Plus up so that the audio plays through the MYLINK and also uses the Camaro's antenna.
truckrglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:17 AM   #2
JimRockford

Drives: 1SS + SS-Sedan M6 + Terrain diesel
good question. i know of none, but i'm not current with modding mylinks, that sort of thing. cool that you are using camaros antenna, does it split with the mylink so both can use the same antenna?

do you know other obscure details about the sirius head unit or do i have to come over there and disassemble yours after i disassemble and bench-test mine?

I guess they all use XM tech/satellites by now. Maybe the O.G. figure-eight-orbit sirius satellites are de-orbiting by now and can be directed towards whichever country in whichever state approved Endless War we are in lately.

Got any info about 8-inch-mylink its apparent hybrid internet/satellite capabilities? (Please avoid any double-entendre in the patriarchal nomenclature of these my-link devices.)

What will happen to they evident internet-ish/4G-ish mylink capabilities when i terminate onstar wifi? How is the song rewind working? seems to be 100% off the satellites, but other stuff is obviously using internet?

The 22 1SS mylink can grab a bunch of high-numbered channels that 2019 gmc terrain diesel mylink cannot. Why? Something about new codecs maybe?

the 22 1SS myl8ink can't show all the song titles on all channels at once like the Terrain Diesel. Why not? Intentional brand software-capabilities thing?

(The browse-all-titles capability is the b e s t for randomly DJ-ing a random outdoor unexpected pop-up parking-lot partaaaaaayyyyy.)

yours truly and honestly,

DJ Angel Martin
JimRockford is offline   Reply With Quote