Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-28-2020, 02:04 PM   #127
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Oh... Gotcha. Yeah, I've never had a cluster gauge that wasn't at least 10% off from actual. I also find that the difference varies and the percentage that it's off of sometimes more like 20%.
Actually, the one in my friend's Mazda6 is somewhat close to actual gas mileage, but that's not exactly important. Again, just more of my curiosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
I think C/Ds criticism of the interior is BS. I personally love the vents, love the big screen and ease of apple car play, love the base cloth SS seats. The shallow center console is the only negative. Interior doesn’t feel cheap to me. It’s not flashy but who cares. I didn’t pay huge $ for this beast.
Having driven a Mustang recently, I can agree, since that article is comparing it to the Mustang.

I mean, the Camaro interior is sucky compared to a luxurious family Sedan, with hard plastic everywhere, but if you are comparing it to a Mustang or Challenger then it's not really better or worse IMO. In fact, I find the Mustang steering wheel to be a bit too busy with too many buttons(the cruise control buttons were pretty awkward to use IMO), and the centre gauge pods are hard to look at, and I don't know why you would care about manifold vacuum on an NA car; on a turbocharged or supercharged car, I could see the value of a boost gauge. Mustang does have some cool interior lighting effects and the full digital tach is cool, so I give them credit when credit is due.

So the interior isn't luxurious, but you can get a lot of features at the end of the day, and that's what really matter IMO.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 02:29 PM   #128
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Actually, the one in my friend's Mazda6 is somewhat close to actual gas mileage, but that's not exactly important. Again, just more of my curiosity.

Having driven a Mustang recently, I can agree, since that article is comparing it to the Mustang.

I mean, the Camaro interior is sucky compared to a luxurious family Sedan, with hard plastic everywhere, but if you are comparing it to a Mustang or Challenger then it's not really better or worse IMO. In fact, I find the Mustang steering wheel to be a bit too busy with too many buttons(the cruise control buttons were pretty awkward to use IMO), and the centre gauge pods are hard to look at, and I don't know why you would care about manifold vacuum on an NA car; on a turbocharged or supercharged car, I could see the value of a boost gauge. Mustang does have some cool interior lighting effects and the full digital tach is cool, so I give them credit when credit is due.

So the interior isn't luxurious, but you can get a lot of features at the end of the day, and that's what really matter IMO.

Sent from toaster or something
Agreed. Had a ‘19 Mustang GT that ended up being problematic. It was a base GT. I can say hands down the base 1SS interior is much nicer.

Sure you can pay $38k++ for an A3 with a much nicer interior. And much less performance.
Old 11-28-2020, 02:29 PM   #129
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I think C/Ds criticism of the interior is BS. I personally love the vents, love the big screen and ease of apple car play, love the base cloth SS seats. The shallow center console is the only negative. Interior doesn’t feel cheap to me. It’s not flashy but who cares. I didn’t pay huge $ for this beast.
Interestingly, I have received nothing but compliments on my 2SS interior in person so far. To me it represents a near perfect balance between features, character and price.

Yeah, it would be nice to have less hard plastic (although the 2SS /ZL1 is definitely better than lower trims), a bit more visibility tech such as 360 and front cameras, or perhaps a fully digital dash—but the seating position, the flat bottom steering wheel, the HUD, the entire ambience as a sports car interior that engulf the driver and passenger, plus those nice little things such as the vent ring temp controls or heated/ventilated seats more than make up for the shortcomings. I paid less than $45k for my 2SS new, added about $15k worth of power, handling and esthetics, and for this much it's absolutely badass, including the interior.

Just my 2 cents' worth.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:39 PM   #130
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I think most reviews of the Camaro interior are overblown. I like the dials for the temp control. With the 2SS interior, the passenger side dial controls passenger temp. Everybody who’s ridden shotgun with me loved that. My hands never get too hot or too cold as some writers have claimed would happen. On the other hand, my car is an A8, so my hand doesn’t spend a lot of time on the shifter.

The two things I think could have been done better are the position of the USB outlets and the position of the wireless charge pad. Otherwise, I prefer the layout and materials to Mustangs at similar trim level.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:49 PM   #131
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
I like the interior of my 1LE. It is after all a $70k race car so my requirements had to be adjusted accordingly. If I had wanted a luxurious and more expensive interior, I would have purchased another BMW.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.

Last edited by JSH; 11-28-2020 at 06:05 PM.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 05:02 PM   #132
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I think most reviews of the Camaro interior are overblown. I like the dials for the temp control. With the 2SS interior, the passenger side dial controls passenger temp. Everybody who’s ridden shotgun with me loved that. My hands never get too hot or too cold as some writers have claimed would happen. On the other hand, my car is an A8, so my hand doesn’t spend a lot of time on the shifter.

The two things I think could have been done better are the position of the USB outlets and the position of the wireless charge pad. Otherwise, I prefer the layout and materials to Mustangs at similar trim level.
I agree, and very good points on the locations of usb and charging pad
Old 11-28-2020, 05:16 PM   #133
UnknownJinX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post

The trick with the centre vent is that you have to adjust it in such a way that the air bounces off the back of the kneepad into the part of your body you want it to blow towards. It may take some adjustments but I got it right and my hands or arms don't get blasted by the air.

Even on a 6-speed, I don't put my hand on the shifter all that much. You are not supposed to, anyway, as it can lead to premature wear of the shift fork.

While I think the USB outlets can be placed better, I don't use them all that much. On the 19+, 2SS doesn't get the wireless charging pad anymore, which honestly doesn't bother me because my phone is too big to fit in the tray entirely, and my phone doesn't even support wireless charging(OnePlus 7 Pro). I just plug in the Warp Charge 30 car charger if I need a charge, which fills the phone up faster than wireless charging anyway.

Past:
Old 11-28-2020, 05:43 PM   #134
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Interestingly, I have received nothing but compliments on my 2SS interior in person so far. To me it represents a near perfect balance between features, character and price.

Yeah, it would be nice to have less hard plastic (although the 2SS /ZL1 is definitely better than lower trims), a bit more visibility tech such as 360 and front cameras, or perhaps a fully digital dash—but the seating position, the flat bottom steering wheel, the HUD, the entire ambience as a sports car interior that engulf the driver and passenger, plus those nice little things such as the vent ring temp controls or heated/ventilated seats more than make up for the shortcomings. I paid less than $45k for my 2SS new, added about $15k worth of power, handling and esthetics, and for this much it's absolutely badass, including the interior.

Just my 2 cents' worth.
As is expressed from these few comments, reviews are OPINIONS, are based in little fact and much emotion, and vary from one author to the next (even at the same car rag / site).

The first problem with reviews of the interior is that there is no actual set standard that they get rated against with factual data. "I don't like it" is just as useful / useless as "I absolutely love it" without data. I drove a 1LT Convertible and found it to generally be quite fine except that the knee pads were pretty tough on me. It was set up the same as my car except that my knee pads are padded (not just hard plastic) and feel VERY different. The car, overall, is absolutely GLUED to the road and outperforms my truck in every area. But, the truck has a softer overall ride. So, which one is "better"?

The second problem with reviews is that little context is ever applied by the reviewer. A Camaro should never be rated alongside a Town Car because they are built to serve two very different audiences and will have different features that matter in their respective contexts.

The biggest problem with reviews is that, in the absence of actual hard data, everything is based on how someone "feels" about something in particular. If you're 6'8", you care about leg room and it's going to be a big gripe across most vehicles you review. But, the person that's 5'8" isn't going to see it the same at all.

For me, the interior of my 2SS is quite comfortable. I would like there to be someplace for my sunglasses and my phone, but I can work with what I have just fine. Writing reviews takes very little skill. Learning how to read them is the hard part.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 05:48 PM   #135
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
The trick with the centre vent is that you have to adjust it in such a way that the air bounces off the back of the kneepad into the part of your body you want it to blow towards. It may take some adjustments but I got it right and my hands or arms don't get blasted by the air.

Even on a 6-speed, I don't put my hand on the shifter all that much. You are not supposed to, anyway, as it can lead to premature wear of the shift fork.

While I think the USB outlets can be placed better, I don't use them all that much. On the 19+, 2SS doesn't get the wireless charging pad anymore, which honestly doesn't bother me because my phone is too big to fit in the tray entirely, and my phone doesn't even support wireless charging(OnePlus 7 Pro). I just plug in the Warp Charge 30 car charger if I need a charge, which fills the phone up faster than wireless charging anyway.
I’m with you on all of that.

I would like to have had the USB ports on the dash up by the LCD or maybe in front of the shifter by the climate controls. I have to drape the cord out of the arm rest & when you have stuff in there (I keep a small note pad, a pen & car wash coupons) it’s hard to remove the USB drive unless you take all that stuff out first.

My 11+ with Otter Box doesn’t fit in there nor charge. Get on the throttle once & it goes flying backwards on the seat. I usually just have it angled up next to the shifter.

Other than that I fell in love with the 6G interior layout & functionality on the 1SS. Now I love the accent lighting in my Z & everything is very ergonomic. Having the boost gauge is so nice to have.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:19 PM   #136
arpad_m

Quote:
The biggest problem with reviews is that, in the absence of actual hard data, everything is based on how someone "feels" about something in particular. If you're 6'8", you care about leg room and it's going to be a big gripe across most vehicles you review. But, the person that's 5'8" isn't going to see it the same at all.

For me, the interior of my 2SS is quite comfortable. I would like there to be someplace for my sunglasses and my phone, but I can work with what I have just fine. Writing reviews takes very little skill. Learning how to read them is the hard part.
Yeah, your point about subjectivity is true, and it's partly why I enjoy this community. We get to hear other opinions and I learn a lot from everyone else's perspectives, and hopefully OP also gains additional insight into the pros and cons from this topic, compared to just youtube and magazine reviews.

Indeed this car is amazing, so much so that I've been quite happy to figure out various tweaks to enhance the interior:

- USB connectivity only in the center console? No problem, $10 cig lighter adapter solves it

- Phone doesn't fit on wireless charging pad? Trimmed the short edge of the rubber and voila, gained an extra 1/2 to 3/4 inch

- Wireless charging won't work with new phones? Bought and installed the new $75 GM charger module, problem solved

- No phone storage for passengers? A pair of small storage nets for $10 takes care of it

- No SD card reader and USB slots are occupied? No problemo, got a $20 Silverado part from ebay, installed it and the (old 2018) infotainment automatically picked up the card reader, even shows the correct SD icon

- Glare from bezel around the gauge cluster? $6 plastidip to the rescue, a 20-minute job made it look satin black, almost OEM

etc., etc.

Well I'm sure it's no secret that I love this car, haha
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

Old 11-28-2020, 09:56 PM   #137
UnknownJinX

Quote:
As is expressed from these few comments, reviews are OPINIONS, are based in little fact and much emotion, and vary from one author to the next (even at the same car rag / site).

The first problem with reviews of the interior is that there is no actual set standard that they get rated against with factual data. "I don't like it" is just as useful / useless as "I absolutely love it" without data. I drove a 1LT Convertible and found it to generally be quite fine except that the knee pads were pretty tough on me. It was set up the same as my car except that my knee pads are padded (not just hard plastic) and feel VERY different. The car, overall, is absolutely GLUED to the road and outperforms my truck in every area. But, the truck has a softer overall ride. So, which one is "better"?

The second problem with reviews is that little context is ever applied by the reviewer. A Camaro should never be rated alongside a Town Car because they are built to serve two very different audiences and will have different features that matter in their respective contexts.

That's exactly it. Also realize that car reviewers generally hop between cars quickly and they don't usually take much time to figure every little thing out in a car.

At the price range of the Camaro, it's either super nice interior or performance, not both. If you want both, you'd have to shell out at least $30k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
My 11+ with Otter Box doesn’t fit in there nor charge. Get on the throttle once & it goes flying backwards on the seat. I usually just have it angled up next to the shifter.
That sounds like a ZL1 problem, LOL. Never had that happen in my SS. The phone can fly off if I corner hard, however.

Quote:
Yeah, your point about subjectivity is true, and it's partly why I enjoy this community. We get to hear other opinions and I learn a lot from everyone else's perspectives, and hopefully OP also gains additional insight into the pros and cons from this topic, compared to just youtube and magazine reviews.

Indeed this car is amazing, so much so that I've been quite happy to figure out various tweaks to enhance the interior:

- USB connectivity only in the center console? No problem, $10 cig lighter adapter solves it

- Phone doesn't fit on wireless charging pad? Trimmed the short edge of the rubber and voila, gained an extra 1/2 to 3/4 inch

- Wireless charging won't work with new phones? Bought and installed the new $75 GM charger module, problem solved

- No phone storage for passengers? A pair of small storage nets for $10 takes care of it

- No SD card reader and USB slots are occupied? No problemo, got a $20 Silverado part from ebay, installed it and the (old 2018) infotainment automatically picked up the card reader, even shows the correct SD icon

- Glare from bezel around the gauge cluster? $6 plastidip to the rescue, a 20-minute job made it look satin black, almost OEM

etc., etc.

Well I'm sure it's no secret that I love this car, haha
Being actual owners means you figure out ways to solve the problems you have. Just like any mass-produced product, it's not a one-size-fits-all. You have to do customizations here and there to make it work for you.

The phone net is a good idea BTW. I will look into it next spring.

Past:
Old 11-29-2020, 06:30 AM   #138
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
I never even think of the inside of my LT1. My drives are never more than 10 mins. All i care about is the exhaust sound and power.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:55 AM   #139
arpad_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
I never even think of the inside of my LT1. My drives are never more than 10 mins. All i care about is the exhaust sound and power.
Man, does the oil even warm up properly in 10 minutes? I guess it does in FL, and for sure in the summer , but still, that's way too short to thoroughly enjoy the car.

Old 11-29-2020, 02:18 PM   #140
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Man, does the oil even warm up properly in 10 minutes? I guess it does in FL, and for sure in the summer , but still, that's way too short to thoroughly enjoy the car.
Well if my Vette club ever gets back to doing a cruise every month it will be back to 140mph+WOT burst on country roads. Just that i work 4 miles from home and shop 4 miles from home so i just don't get much time in the car as of now. Once CV19 is licked maybe we can get back to normal.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote