Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-19-2020, 06:51 AM   #85
Dan82679

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
That sucks I feel for you that is the reason why im doing most of the work myself and then taking it to Jannetty in CT. Some reason not feeling CSP. By my research I feel Jannetty is more knowledgeable and doesn't like to push to car to the limits so you can make big numbers and he looks like a hero. Just my opinion. Plus I'm more of a road course guy not the drag strip.
Csp is very Knowledgeable and so is Jannety.I have taken my ZL1 to CSP and they DO NOT push the car. If anything I wanted them to push it more and they told me no they don't do that. I am also on Queue to get work done on my car at csp and unfortunately Covid is slowing things down with parts and cnc work.
Dan82679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:01 AM   #86
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan82679 View Post
Csp is very Knowledgeable and so is Jannety.I have taken my ZL1 to CSP and they DO NOT push the car. If anything I wanted them to push it more and they told me no they don't do that. I am also on Queue to get work done on my car at csp and unfortunately Covid is slowing things down with parts and cnc work.
Good to know from someone that has taken there car to CSP. Good luck with the time frame Covid is screwed up alot of things up.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:34 AM   #87
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
No experience with CSP, but I can vouch for Jannetty's shop, both times I drove up there they did exactly what we had agreed on (even more) and right on time, no games, no delays, no pushing me behind some other "more urgent" work etc. He is also responsible with his "product" in terms of targeting maximum efficiency and stability over hero numbers, as stated above.

However, I will say that the appointments I'd booked were 3-5 weeks out even before covid, so this kind of timeline and even delays cannot be unexpected with a capable shop, especially now.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:10 AM   #88
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
No experience with CSP, but I can vouch for Jannetty's shop, both times I drove up there they did exactly what we had agreed on (even more) and right on time, no games, no delays, no pushing me behind some other "more urgent" work etc. He is also responsible with his "product" in terms of targeting maximum efficiency and stability over hero numbers, as stated above.

However, I will say that the appointments I'd booked were 3-5 weeks out even before covid, so this kind of timeline and even delays cannot be unexpected with a capable shop, especially now.

Thats what I got out of Ted when we spoke. I dont mind waiting for an appointment. What I do mind is you have an appointment dor work to be done and they give you a day that they will complete the work and weeks or months past the delivery time.

I believe Ted says " power through efficiency "
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:47 AM   #89
CompleteStreet

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10
Sorry for the delay, usually we do our best to align things so we begin working on your car within a week of the drop off date. We never promise an end date as doing work like this tends to throw curve-balls from time to time and I don't like being under the wire to finish a project. I think its a better result to take a little longer than expected, rather than to rush a project and miss something. So we've made a point not to rush any project, no matter how big or small the build, in the name of a quality.

For those wondering, we operate with a line system. We have roughly two labor lanes, a fast lane for simple stuff like headers, and a normal lane for bigger builds like camshafts, etc. Basically, you are in line from your deposit date and our goal is to bring it in as your number comes up and start working on it within a week of that - that way it doesn't sit for months waiting to be worked on. Unfortunately we had a few curve-balls thrown at us in this particular lane that delayed when the tech could start on it after we scheduled the drop off date.

But how we operate it ideally doesn't affect too many people as we haven't scheduled others out further because of the delays.

Rest assured we started work and even found some silly stuff previous shops didn't - like a block of wood between the fuse panel and the computer hah. WTF was that doing in there =P

As far as other things I saw in the thread, we most certainly have a lot of LSx and LTx experience. But I'm usually building street cars with loads of power, not necessarily gutted track cars just going for times. Nick (GuitarmageddonZL1)'s twin turbo 6th Gen went 8s with full weight with a set of 17" drag radials on the rear, not even a skinny up front.

As far as my aggressiveness with the tuning, I tend to be somewhere in the middle. safety is number one, but I'll take it as far as where I feel is safe. I'll press the snot out of my own cars, but that's because if I destroy it I only have myself to blame lol. However a deliverable street car needs to have reliability. Taking the car to the max is like a max rep with lifting weights. That would mean here's the hero pass at the track and now the engine is blown - like cleetus's 7 second pass in Leroy lol. This isn't what we want to deliver.

Anyway, I appreciate all the positive feedback in this thread. I want to thank you all for the business over the years as I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. Its a dream come true to make a living doing this - although some days the dream is a nightmare because that's modding cars for ya lol.

-Andrew
CompleteStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 01:34 AM   #90
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompleteStreet View Post
Sorry for the delay, usually we do our best to align things so we begin working on your car within a week of the drop off date. We never promise an end date as doing work like this tends to throw curve-balls from time to time and I don't like being under the wire to finish a project. I think its a better result to take a little longer than expected, rather than to rush a project and miss something. So we've made a point not to rush any project, no matter how big or small the build, in the name of a quality.

For those wondering, we operate with a line system. We have roughly two labor lanes, a fast lane for simple stuff like headers, and a normal lane for bigger builds like camshafts, etc. Basically, you are in line from your deposit date and our goal is to bring it in as your number comes up and start working on it within a week of that - that way it doesn't sit for months waiting to be worked on. Unfortunately we had a few curve-balls thrown at us in this particular lane that delayed when the tech could start on it after we scheduled the drop off date.

But how we operate it ideally doesn't affect too many people as we haven't scheduled others out further because of the delays.

Rest assured we started work and even found some silly stuff previous shops didn't - like a block of wood between the fuse panel and the computer hah. WTF was that doing in there =P

As far as other things I saw in the thread, we most certainly have a lot of LSx and LTx experience. But I'm usually building street cars with loads of power, not necessarily gutted track cars just going for times. Nick (GuitarmageddonZL1)'s twin turbo 6th Gen went 8s with full weight with a set of 17" drag radials on the rear, not even a skinny up front.

As far as my aggressiveness with the tuning, I tend to be somewhere in the middle. safety is number one, but I'll take it as far as where I feel is safe. I'll press the snot out of my own cars, but that's because if I destroy it I only have myself to blame lol. However a deliverable street car needs to have reliability. Taking the car to the max is like a max rep with lifting weights. That would mean here's the hero pass at the track and now the engine is blown - like cleetus's 7 second pass in Leroy lol. This isn't what we want to deliver.

Anyway, I appreciate all the positive feedback in this thread. I want to thank you all for the business over the years as I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. Its a dream come true to make a living doing this - although some days the dream is a nightmare because that's modding cars for ya lol.

-Andrew

Well said Andrew! Now hurry up and get my car in for my cam install... LOL J/K
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:22 AM   #91
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
I’ve purchased a few items from CSP and have spoken with them over the phone. Straight up guys. Prices for parts were on point or best deals I could find. I would have no hesitation taking my car to then if they were within 400 miles of me.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:49 PM   #92
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:

-Andrew
Well said Andrew!!
I have been following your YouTube vid's since the first day that you bought your 2018 ZL1 (TreeL1), which made me buy my 2018 ZL1! I even bought my Borla S-Type Axle Back from you guy's!
Thanks for all you do and keep up the good work!!
Dave
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:17 AM   #93
Boomers18ZL1

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL View Post
Well said Andrew!!
I have been following your YouTube vid's since the first day that you bought your 2018 ZL1 (TreeL1), which made me buy my 2018 ZL1! I even bought my Borla S-Type Axle Back from you guy's!
Thanks for all you do and keep up the good work!!
Dave
My car is in there shop now. Although it’s been a little bit of time since I paid for the package they are going through my car like a fines tooth comb. Alex answers all my questions. They found somethings wrong from the previous owner of my 18 ZL1 but I am glad I gave them my hard earned money. I heard they are the best and so far they are backing it up. I expected they would have it a month and it’s going to be 5 or 6!weeks as long as they don’t find anything catastrophic. They are the best!!!!
Boomers18ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:37 PM   #94
Boomers18ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ltrgsr View Post
I have a modified version of that package(mods in signature)
They were great to deal with and Alex is the man, he gives a no-nonsense approach to the mods they suggest.
Andrew is extremely busy so don't get turned off if he doesn't answer right away...

I had my car re-tuned here in Va by a good friend of mine who tunes for Va Speed and we got some more power out of it(car had just 15-16 degrees of timing when i got it back from Andrew).

They will be upfront with you on anything you ask.
I highly recommend those guys.
I took the forums advice and getting the Big Boy LT4 cam package as well. If I can match your 733 RWHP I will be one happy man.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:51 PM   #95
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomers18ZL1 View Post
I took the forums advice and getting the Big Boy LT4 cam package as well. If I can match your 733 RWHP I will be one happy man.

Mine is going back in soon for the big boy cam as well as ported heads.

I already have the maggi 2650, RF intake, Kooks 2", 3" catback.

2650, Headers and MM catch can were done by them in Sept.

Its a nice spec cam, 229/240 .635 116 LSA. 2.5 degrees of overlap so just a mild lope on idle. Good power across powerband.
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:39 PM   #96
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomers18ZL1 View Post
My car is in there shop now. Although it’s been a little bit of time since I paid for the package they are going through my car like a fines tooth comb. Alex answers all my questions. They found somethings wrong from the previous owner of my 18 ZL1 but I am glad I gave them my hard earned money. I heard they are the best and so far they are backing it up. I expected they would have it a month and it’s going to be 5 or 6!weeks as long as they don’t find anything catastrophic. They are the best!!!!
Awesome man!!
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:03 PM   #97
Boomers18ZL1

Quote:

-Andrew
Andrew you guys have been great. I appreciate you and Alex and the entire shop have kept me in the loop. You have found a lot of things that Chevrolet and where I bought it from missed. (I hope you and the guys can sign it) Not only the wood a burnt wire harness. Chevrolet said I was nuts that something was wrong and gave me a clean bill of health for my car. As you found out that is not the case. I give you guys 5 stars and will have you guys finish the build next spring with a new supercharger and stronger clutch. I don't think my post came out right. I am disappointed I do not have the car. That has nothing to do with CSP and everything to do with the craziness that is going on in the world. I have nothing but great things to say about you guys and the entire shop. Big fan of the channel too. You guys Rock