Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-08-2020, 08:46 PM   #15
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajs16400 View Post
I would have told them to honor that price or yank it back out. I am sure they would have worked with you at that point as parts would not have taken back.
Same.

When they argue it, go find the Sales Manager and ask how he would handle it if you offered $x for a vehicle and he agreed, then you came back with 1/3 less and said "Sorry, my offer changed."
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:01 PM   #16
IAI80

Drives: 2016 1LT V6 A8
You guys are right. A few too many things going on at once and I just wanted out of there at the time. I’ll call back over there and put a service manager on the spot about it at least and see if he just wants to say tough luck or not. I’ll remind him that I haven’t yet filled out the service visit satisfaction survey that was E-mailed to me yesterday.

I noticed that the 48 AGM AC Delco battery (same as the original) is $192 on Amazon if you have Prime. The Chevy dealer charged me $250. However, the 3 year warranty is another $36 through Amazon while the dealer includes it. Also, there is the whopping $10 rebate on that battery through January I think via the dealer. It sounds like with most vehicles the dealer puts an AC Delco 42 AGM in for battery replacements, but not Camaros. That seems to be where the bad info came from. At least they put the intended battery in there.
IAI80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:15 PM   #17
Ajs16400

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAI80 View Post
You guys are right. A few too many things going on at once and I just wanted out of there at the time. I’ll call back over there and put a service manager on the spot about it at least and see if he just wants to say tough luck or not. I’ll remind him that I haven’t yet filled out the service visit satisfaction survey that was E-mailed to me yesterday.

I noticed that the 48 AGM AC Delco battery (same as the original) is $192 on Amazon if you have Prime. The Chevy dealer charged me $250. However, the 3 year warranty is another $36 through Amazon while the dealer includes it. Also, there is the whopping $10 rebate on that battery through January I think via the dealer. It sounds like with most vehicles the dealer puts an AC Delco 42 AGM in for battery replacements, but not Camaros. That seems to be where the bad info came from. At least they put the intended battery in there.
Put the part number is tascaparts.com and it will give you a list price. As far as calling i would say that is a great idea. They should honor the quoted price. Ask for the money back in oil service vouchers an not cash tnat goes along way showing you will come back.
Ajs16400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:34 AM   #18
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajs16400 View Post
Put the part number is tascaparts.com and it will give you a list price. As far as calling i would say that is a great idea. They should honor the quoted price. Ask for the money back in oil service vouchers an not cash tnat goes along way showing you will come back.
I would show up and make him tell you no to your face.
Old 12-09-2020, 03:58 PM   #19
IAI80

Drives: 2016 1LT V6 A8
Called today and the service manager took full responsibility for the missed quote. He offered 2 free oil changes and I accepted. Nice work Shottenkirk Chevrolet. Filling out the survey now.
IAI80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:57 AM   #20
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAI80 View Post
Called today and the service manager took full responsibility for the missed quote. He offered 2 free oil changes and I accepted. Nice work Shottenkirk Chevrolet. Filling out the survey now.
Glad they did right by you.