Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 11-27-2018, 02:17 PM   #1
CamaroChriSS

Drives: 16 1SS M6 Black -previous 00 Z28 M6
Anyone Use Ammo Frothe

Thinking about getting it but want to know its real world results. Live in an apartment and they shut down the hose at our designated car wash station from Nov-Mar, and not many brushless washes around, so this may be the best solution.
CamaroChriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:40 PM   #2
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
I just used it for the first time for the final, hoseless wash before putting the car to sleep. It's a good product, cleans thoroughly, better than the regular Adam's shampoo or waterless wash, not sure about this one vs Adam's rinseless. It certainly foams very well and wipes off with little to no resistance.

Yet I am not blown away like I had expected, did everything by the recommendation and the small slivers of remaining product dried to a faint sheen against the ceramic that I then had to wipe off a bit more intensely, and, of course, swirl marks were the result, despite using an army of new soft MF towels. Not very bad, they will probably polish off, but I had hoped to avoid this. (Frankly, if I had known the clear would be so sensitive, I wouldn't have bothered with the ceramic, but I digress. I'm probably too clumsy.)

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:45 PM   #3
CamaroChriSS

Gotcha, thank you! I may give it a shot - I typically like ammo products (and I love Larry’s videos) so while not perfect, glad to hear it’s at least effective.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
Ichabod

Drives: 2018 zl1 1LE
I tried it a couple times on my wifes car. I don't hate it but for my money I still prefer ONR.

FWIW I have tried a number of other rinseless products and always come back to ONR.
2017 Ram 1500
Ichabod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:12 AM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Carpro Ech20 is still my favorite. Over the blackfire rinseless, wolfgang, ONR, duragloss, I keep coming back to ECH20.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:12 AM   #6
CamaroChriSS

I've never done rinseless before - I assume this isn't a forever solution, right? Do you guys do a normal bucket wash and only go rinseless for the lightly soiled in between washes? Or am I wrong and this can replace the hose and bucket forever?
Old 11-28-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChriSS View Post
I've never done rinseless before - I assume this isn't a forever solution, right? Do you guys do a normal bucket wash and only go rinseless for the lightly soiled in between washes? Or am I wrong and this can replace the hose and bucket forever?
It's good for a dusty car, you can clean a dirty car, but you will need more microfiber towels and you won't be able to reuse them on multiple panels. For me, I use rinseless washes when my car is simply dusty or if I'm in a situation where I need to wash my car in direct sunlight; like at a car show.

Look up the Garry Dean method on YouTube.

IMO, the safest, quickest, and most effective method is to use two buckets for the paint. I use a separate bucket and tools for my wheels. For some people this isn't practical or possible though.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:24 AM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
have not had a hose on my cars for years, see my link in my sig. if your car stays out of winter crap, you can ditch the hose forever with rinseless....plenty of discussion here:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435828
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #9
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Thinking about getting it but want to know its real world results. Live in an apartment and they shut down the hose at our designated car wash station from Nov-Mar, and not many brushless washes around, so this may be the best solution.
I used it, felt like it took me forever to clean the car..then again i normally take my time. Ridiculous amount of rags. I used it on my car when it was really dirty. I didn't see anything come about from using it, any scratches or anything.

To get you by its useful but when you can, 2 buckets and a hose!
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:14 AM   #10
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
100% on the rinseless, even on dirty cars! Make sure you do it the right way and you will be fine...good quality MF towels, I prefer EcH20, awesome product! The only time I use a hose it when the wheels wells are filty, especially with wet leaves, and to clean up the undercarriage, other than that, hose stays away.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:52 PM   #11
CamaroChriSS

Thanks everyone! I have been fairly religious with the two-bucket system, but with a new baby and less hose availability, I needed to venture out a bit for something quicker and more convenient - glad to hear so many people have had good luck with it!
Old 11-29-2018, 01:01 AM   #12
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Rinseless/bucketless wash is fine for normal washes, as long as your technique is sound. You want to sacrifice the first towel (Chemical Guys towel bundles on Amazon FTW) to do a zero pressure soak and lift of any heavy soiling on the car (e.g. bird crap and bugs on the front). After that, never overuse any towel for the main cleaning, which should be done with little to no hand pressure as well. Go one panel at a time. Wet the next panel with your bottle before you start wiping the current panel (allows solution to do its' job to encapsulate dirt and debris). Dry each panel after it is wiped.

Once you've done the low/no pressure cleaning pass, go back to any difficult spots you found and use light to moderate pressure on just those spots. Use a fresh towel for this step as well and only use one spot on the towel for each spot you touch. This keeps the damaging elements you lift from scratching you elsewhere.

The paint is done and you should now be able to run your drying towel over all the panels with uniform friction. Again, no pressure. Your hand should feel the smoothness through the towel (put your hand in the folded towel if it is large and allow only one layer between your hand and the paint). If there is no pulling or sudden grip zones, you've done it right. At this point I should mention that I do the glass first and dry the glass again after any overspray from the paint clearing stages.

I personally don't care about the barrel of my wheels, so I just wring out the first main pass towel so they are barely moist and lift the brake dust off of the face of the wheels. Since nearly no moisture is left behind, no need to dry these. The towel used on the wheels goes in the trash, because I don't want that stuff in my washing machine eating the drum coating.

Again, this isn't a show quality wash system. It is on par with a two bucket method for results and doesn't require breaking out the hose. Bucket soaking the towels has 3gal of water and I use a pair of 16oz spray bottles (because one 32oz bottle is annoyingly bulky). Since towels never go back in, you could recharge the same water on the next wash with the addition of 40% the normal solution mix stirred in, but I wouldn't do it in cooler months as you want your bucket water warm for best results.

The biggest thing I enjoy about the method is that I do it in the garage, at any hour, without putting a puddle on the floor. If I were to change to any other methods, it would be an investment. I'd go with either foam cannon or dry stream on factory painted cars and dual filtered, air-injected solution for aftermarket and heavily polished vehicles. With any of those methods, the only time a non-drying towel would touch the car is for emergency detail away from home or when lifting a stubborn spot.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote